Transfer: Summer Transfer Window Rumors part5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
This is what I've been saying. It's how Woodward has been the last 3 big transfers. The club has set a price tag, than he tries to out negotiate them, and then we pay full price. Or in Bruno's case I think we saved 5mil. But I would not be surprised(assuming we have the money) if in the next month or so we pay 120+ for Sancho.

Except we haven't. Palace initially asked for 60 million pounds for AWB, settled for 50. Leicester asked for 90 million for Maguire, final price tag was 80. Sporting wanted 68 million euros for Bruno, United paid 55.

Last edited:

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
This is what I've been saying. It's how Woodward has been the last 3 big transfers. The club has set a price tag, than he tries to out negotiate them, and then we pay full price. Or in Bruno's case I think we saved 5mil. But I would not be surprised(assuming we have the money) if in the next month or so we pay 120+ for Sancho.

I just rewatched Zorcs comments yesterday (in German of course).
There really is not much wiggle room for him or the BVB brass to get out of what was said without completely losing their faces. He was even asked if there could be circumstances that could change things (basically giving him an out for later on) and he flat out denied it. Which would be especially bad considering what the idiot Hoeneß said about them and their lack of ambition a few weeks ago that caused quite a bit of uproar..
At this point even if United offers 120+, I have a hard time seeing how Zorc and the BVB will spin this and sell it to their fans and the media.

Also almost nobody in the german media is doubting that Sancho will stay for another year right now after what has unfolded which is basically 100 % the opposite of what the english media is writing...

Regardless of how this turns out, somebody will have major egg on their faces and I don't really think that Sancho is the type that would go full blown Dembele and I am not even sure that Dortmund would even cave considering the precedent it would set if yet another player was successful in forcing a move by disrespecting the club and displaying horrible behaviour after Dembele and Auba...

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I just rewatched Zorcs comments yesterday (in German of course).
There really is not much wiggle room for him or the BVB brass to get out of what was said without completely losing their faces. He was even asked if there could be circumstances that could change things (basically giving him an out for later on) and he flat out denied it. Which would be especially bad considering what the idiot Hoeneß said about them and their lack of ambition a few weeks ago that caused quite a bit of uproar..
At this point even if United offers 120+, I have a hard time seeing how Zorc and the BVB will spin this and sell it to their fans and the media.

Also almost nobody in the german media is doubting that Sancho will stay for another year right now after what has unfolded which is basically 100 % the opposite of what the english media is writing...

Regardless of how this turns out, somebody will have major egg on their faces and I don't really think that Sancho is the type that would go full blown Dembele and I am not even sure that Dortmund would even cave considering the precedent it would set if yet another player was successful in forcing a move by disrespecting the club and displaying horrible behaviour after Dembele and Auba...
I've never thought the deal was a lock to happen so I wouldn't be surprised. I mean they have said players won't leave the same window they move so it could happen again, but it would only happen if United meet their valuation of 120. But it's looking more and more unlikely to transpire it seems.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
This seems highly premature. Frankly, the only way he will stay and the only way the deal will not be done, is if he doesn't want to play for Man United that badly.
And why is that?

I think PL fans don't have much of a clue about Dortmund and just think they will sell if the price is right because that is what they do.
Which IMO is a fundamental misunderstanding....

They usually sell because they have to not because they want the money.
The only guy that was not close to running down his contract when he got sold was Dembele and that was because he basically went on strike and they got an absurd fee for him in addition to relieving them of the headache he created.
Almost every other player that they sold either went via release clause (aside from Haaland nobody has one anylonger due to that) or because they refused to extend their contract and only had 1 year left on their deal (Mkhi, Hummel, Auba,etc.)...

Aside from Dembele I don't think they have sold anyone by choice for the money.

So with Sancho who has 3 years left, why would they cave and sell him now when they can just keep him and get a similar if not higher fee a year from now?

And pretty sure Sancho wants to play in the Euros next season so him forcing a move at all cost is a dangerous game as well especially because Dortmund probably won't want to establish a pattern of players getting their move if they pull a Dembele on them...

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
And why is that?

I think PL fans don't have much of a clue about Dortmund and just think they will sell if the price is right because that is what they do.
Which IMO is a fundamental misunderstanding....

They usually sell because they have to not because they want the money.
The only guy that was not close to running down his contract when he got sold was Dembele and that was because he basically went on strike and they got an absurd fee for him in addition to relieving them of the headache he created.
Almost every other player that they sold either went via release clause (aside from Haaland nobody has one anylonger due to that) or because they refused to extend their contract and only had 1 year left on their deal (Mkhi, Hummel, Auba,etc.)...

Aside from Dembele I don't think they have sold anyone by choice for the money.

So with Sancho who has 3 years left, why would they cave and sell him now when they can just keep him and get a similar if not higher fee a year from now?

And pretty sure Sancho wants to play in the Euros next season so him forcing a move at all cost is a dangerous game as well especially because Dortmund probably won't want to establish a pattern of players getting their move if they pull a Dembele on them...

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying the player hasn't shown the agitation that a team would want in order to pay the asking price. Obviously Dortmund are not selling for less than that, but it appears to me that United also wants him to go on strike in order to pay the fee that Dortmund wants. Yet he is not doing that. There is an expected show of loyalty that some clubs would want before they pay that kind of money. There are numerous examples of a player going on strike and the buying team subsequently meeting the selling team's asking price in recent years.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Ceballos should be sold though. Done well with Arsenal, but I fail to see where he fits in Madrid. Especially if Odegaard is brought back THIS season.
But apparently, he will be assessed by ZZ this summer.
I'm expecting tons of players to be shiped out from Real's midfield. Including the 2 of 3 guys that started for their CLs.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying the player hasn't shown the agitation that a team would want in order to pay the asking price. Obviously Dortmund are not selling for less than that, but it appears to me that United also wants him to go on strike in order to pay the fee that Dortmund wants. Yet he is not doing that. There is an expected show of loyalty that some clubs would want before they pay that kind of money.

Loyalty to your new club by completely disrespecting your current club?
So basically you ask them to be loyal to you by cheating on their current spouse in order to make you believe that they will be loyal to you?
Thats a ... weird outlook on life...

There is a right way to do business and a wrong way..
Going full Dembele certainly was not the right way and him struggling at Barcelona and maybe even get sold is funny to me.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Basically if Sancho moves it's going to come down to if BVB and United can come to an agreement on how the 120mil is paid. It sounds like it was close and than Woodward screwed it up. Pony up the money or move on to someone else.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Loyalty to your new club by completely disrespecting your current club?
So basically you ask them to be loyal to you by cheating on their current spouse in order to make you believe that they will be loyal to you?
Thats a ... weird outlook on life...

There is a right way to do business and a wrong way..
Going full Dembele certainly was not the right way and him struggling at Barcelona and maybe even get sold is funny to me.

They do that all the time though. Coutinho, Keita, Dembele, van Dijk, Mahrez, Berbatov, Sterling, Tevez, Payet, Dempsey, etc. The teams that buy those players also wind up paying what the selling teams want, but sometimes the team ignores that they've gone on strike. It is a "show me you really want to be here" kind of thing. If Sancho doesn't go on strike, based on how long this deal has taken, there is no way United will pay up for Sancho. But he still might.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
But apparently, he will be assessed by ZZ this summer.
I'm expecting tons of players to be shiped out from Real's midfield. Including the 2 of 3 guys that started for their CLs.

Florentino Perez wants to make 160M euros in sales/loan fees. So I would not be surprised if we saw some turn around.

Which 2 do you see go? Modric and Kroos? If so, bringing back Ceballos makes sense.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Florentino Perez wants to make 160M euros in sales/loan fees. So I would not be surprised if we saw some turn around.

Which 2 do you see go? Modric and Kroos? If so, bringing back Ceballos makes sense.
Yes Kroos was a blackhole in the City matchup. The whole midfield was dreadful but Casemiro and Kroos were absolutely horrible.
I could see ZZ getting rid of all 3 tbh. But that would be if he can get his targets (Camavinga, Pogba?) and keep the guys he wants (Odegaard and Ceballos).

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

Casemiro is staying.
Modric gone for sure I would say, wasn't he rumoured to sign with Inter?
I think Kroos would stay though. Valverde should start over him anyway

James and Isco are goners

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

He's saving for Camavinga, Mbappe and Haaland next summer imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad