Transfer: Summer Transfer Window Rumors part5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

We have no money there's a rumor everyday. Not sure what they're thinking. Plus I hear Gaya is going to be captaining Valencia. I mean he would be a great buy and an actual smart one which is a rarity for this board all the more reason not to believe it.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I really wish he just never left in the first place.. .
After seeing how he has performed this season and his injuries, I think it was the right decision. The problem is they didn’t replace him with a player who can produce like he does.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
After seeing how he has performed this season and his injuries, I think it was the right decision. The problem is they didn’t replace him with a player who can produce like he does.
It's retrospective. At the time he left Arsenal he was one of our better players and he always made sure to put in 100% effort (He's also one of my favourite players of all time so I'm bias).

Reactions: Cassano

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Odegaard will return to Madrid. Isco replacement if the rumours of him joining Juve are true.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

I respect this guy opinion but it is hard to believe that there will be that much movement this summer.

I have read everywhere related to Liverpool that they shifted completely their summer plan due to Covid. They planned to purchase Sancho but due to significant decrease in revenues they dropped that plan. Now they are looking at "patching" holes : LB and CB potentially next and then they will have a wait and see approach (basically sell to buy). The X factor, the early sales prediction from the Nike contract is well above expectation thus far and might reduce the financial limit that they set to themselves due to Covid. Apparently they projected around £70M and now they are looking at well above £100M from that contract.

As for other clubs,

It seems like Manchester United are really stuck with their primary target and I do believe they will eventually cave in and pay the requested price from Dortmund. That probably mean that they won't purchase many other players. If they drop their interest in Sancho I could see them purchase many players (Winger, CB, Striker)

Arsenal, they already locked Willian and I think for the rest it is depending on Aubameyang contract. And I think if he re-signs then they will probably sell Lacazette to get stronger in midfield (Partey, Coutinho)

Chelsea, they will get Havertz, another CB, another GK and potentially another defensive midfielder. They might have to sell for the later though

Last edited:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
It seems like Manchester United are really stuck with their primary target and I do believe they will eventually cave in and pay the requested price from Dortmund. That probably mean that they won't purchase many other players. If they drop their interest in Sancho I could see them purchase many players (Winger, CB, Striker)

This is what I've been saying. It's how Woodward has been the last 3 big transfers. The club has set a price tag, than he tries to out negotiate them, and then we pay full price. Or in Bruno's case I think we saved 5mil. But I would not be surprised(assuming we have the money) if in the next month or so we pay 120+ for Sancho.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I know that stats don't tell the whole story, but I find it extremely promising that Hoejbjerg lead the league in ball recoveries last season. Leaders in past seasons have been the likes of Kante, Ndidi and Gueye.

Just really excited to have a genuine defensive midfielder again. Because watching Sissoko and Winks try filling that role has been very unpleasant. He should give every other midfielder we have much more freedom on the pitch.

Next up, a new right back I hope...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad