Transfer: Summer Transfer Window Rumors part5

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

Ee2oqsYXgAIySCC

I mean that is one of the bigger myths out there...
Over the last decade or so I think 3 players have gone from Dortmund to Bayern..
The only one that was negotiated for was Hummels and he was on his last year of his contract and a Bayern youth product. He also was far from cheap considering his age and contract status. 40M was quite a lot back then still...

The other 2 guys were Lewandowski (which they refused to sell to Bayern and rather kept him for a year and lost him for nothing than sell him for a lower price to Bayern) and Götze who had a release clause...
Really not sure where that is coming from.
Dortmund usually does not bend over. Especially not to Bayern...

If Sancho goes to United, United will have signed as many if not more (could be that I am forgetting someone) Dortmund players than Bayern has.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
PR move. Fans worry about another elite talent leaving and then you bust out the “see he’s actually staying because we’re so smart and extended him earlier”

It would have been good PR to announce it last summer, too. I guess revealing it now makes them look extra clever, but I don't think that fully explains their secrecy. Although it may be a common practice for some other clubs (including United) to raise wages without a longer extension, it's unusual for Dortmund and I can't remember another player for whom they did so.

Perhaps they didn't originally want to publicize that they had raised his wages for a single year extension so as not to set a precedent for other players to ask them for higher wages every summer in the middle of a contract. Maybe they have done this before with other players and this was merely the first time they leaked it because they had to justify holding onto him for another year financially. They are a publicly traded company after all, and they would want to refute the prospect that they may have gotten a much lower financial return for Sancho by deciding to keep him another year. It's hard to know for certain.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I mean that is one of the bigger myths out there...
Over the last decade or so I think 3 players have gone from Dortmund to Bayern..
The only one that was negotiated for was Hummels and he was on his last year of his contract and a Bayern youth product. He also was far from cheap considering his age and contract status. 40M was quite a lot back then still...

The other 2 guys were Lewandowski (which they refused to sell to Bayern and rather kept him for a year and lost him for nothing than sell him for a lower price to Bayern) and Götze who had a release clause...
Really not sure where that is coming from.
Dortmund usually does not bend over. Especially not to Bayern...

If Sancho goes to United, United will have signed as many if not more (could be that I am forgetting someone) Dortmund players than Bayern has.

Well one could say they've been doing that for 8 straight seasons...

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Who cares about Ronaldo and Sancho?

Tsimikas is done. Will be announced this week. Some say it could be announced tomorrow. 40k a week. Essentially paid for by Zenit’s fee for Lovren; who was making 110k a week.

Liverpool is still looking for a 4CB. Seems their top target is/was Ben White, but will probably cost at least 25m-30m. Leeds had a 22m bid turned down according to Pearce

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I still expect Sancho to be sold this summer, but it will be at Dortmund's price. It wasn't just Dembele or Aubameyang. They also said they wouldn't sell all of Mkhitaryan, Hummels, and Gündoğan in the same summer - and they did. I agree with outsiders who are skeptical or Zorc and Watzke's refusals to sell, and proclamations that this player is under contract and will play with Dortmund next year etc. That too is all just a negotiating maneuver for them.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I still expect Sancho to be sold this summer, but it will be at Dortmund's price. It wasn't just Dembele or Aubameyang. They also said they wouldn't sell all of Mkhitaryan, Hummels, and Gündoğan in the same summer - and they did. I agree with outsiders who are skeptical or Zorc and Watzke's refusals to sell, and proclamations that this player is under contract and will play with Dortmund next year etc. That too is all just a negotiating maneuver for them.

Now that he apparantely has 3 more years on his deal instead of 2, I don't see any reason anylonger for Dortmund to sell.
Not even for 120M. They will be able to get that next year as well most likely after the Euros...
Mkhi, Himmels and Gündo were different considering that they were really under the gun with these guys threatening to run down their contracts...

Kudos to Zorc for extending his contract 1 year last summer.
That makes all the difference and United look like idiots...

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

One guy was telling that United had already agreed to 60 million now with 60 later in installments. However that was with the assumption that crowds would be allowed in October. That situation changed.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Who cares about Ronaldo and Sancho?

Tsimikas is done. Will be announced this week. Some say it could be announced tomorrow. 40k a week. Essentially paid for by Zenit’s fee for Lovren; who was making 110k a week.

Liverpool is still looking for a 4CB. Seems their top target is/was Ben White, but will probably cost at least 25m-30m. Leeds had a 22m bid turned down according to Pearce

Sepp not considered ready yet?

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Now that he apparantely has 3 more years on his deal instead of 2, I don't see any reason anylonger for Dortmund to sell.
Not even for 120M. They will be able to get that next year as well most likely after the Euros...
Mkhi, Himmels and Gündo were different considering that they were really under the gun with these guys threatening to run down their contracts...

Kudos to Zorc for extending his contract 1 year last summer.
That makes all the difference and United look like idiots...

They already knew he had 3 years left on his deal before, and have still been engaged in negotiations. Why even bother if they believed that they should just keep him until he has 2 years left? Much more likely that this is just to strengthen their negotiating position and force United to pay their price. I will believe Sancho is staying when the transfer window closes or he personally confirms he's staying. Zorc and Watzke don't have any credibility left on this matter. They've burned Dortmund fans too often.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
They already knew he had 3 years left on his deal before, and have still been engaged in negotiations. Why even bother if they believed that they should just keep him until he has 2 years left? Much more likely that this is just to strengthen their negotiating position and force United to pay their price. I will believe Sancho is staying when the transfer window closes or he personally confirms he's staying. Zorc and Watzke don't have any credibility left on this matter. They've burned Dortmund fans too often.

I am not saying that he won't go. If Sancho makes trouble and goes on strike or act similar to Dembele/Auba and United comes in with a 120M €+ bid, odds are they will sell afterall (unless it happens a week before the deadline or something)..

But if Sancho acts like a professional, I don't see him leaving now.
United knew that BVB wanted this done before August 10 and with the added year, United basically has no leverage to get the price down below that 120m €.
And if they haven't come up with the money by now, odds are they won't be able to do so later on either (and there is no way in hell that Zorc can justify selling him for cheaper later on now after what just happened...)

I hope Sancho stays and that extra year on his contract is amazing news.
Now IMO its up to Sancho what happens...

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Sepp not considered ready yet?
Ehhhhh not really.
I think he will still get minutes in the cup games but Lovren low key played a decent amount of minutes for LFC last season. Matip and Gomez can miss time and LFC could really use a more veteran player. Ragnar Klavan is probably the template here; veteran, reliable stop gap who is durable. Being good in the air would be nice. Being homegrown wouldn’t hurt either; but it’ll be tough to bring in one of those with LFC’s current budget.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Don’t know this guys reliability, but he works for The Guardian. But this report would make a lot of sense from everything we know, except this is the first I’ve heard of a transfer request.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

Don’t know this guys reliability, but he works for The Guardian. But this report would make a lot of sense from everything we know, except this is the first I’ve heard of a transfer request.

I also don't even think loyalty bonus is a thing in Germany (I atleast have never heard it in the context of a Bundesliga transfer) so a transfer request means nothing in Germany..

I think this whole saga has been one big misunderstanding....

United thinks Dortmund is a selling club and want to sell Sancho and that they are only haggling over the price.
Dortmund in all reality never had any desire to sell Sancho but probably agreed to listen and sell him at an acceptable (high) price in the summer as part of the agreement to extend Sanchos contract last year. Only reason it makes sense that the extension only is becoming public now that the deadline BVB set to sell him is over. Also explains all the tweets about United complaining about the lack of pace and urgency and the no direct contact thing on the side of Dortmund...
Which means that United completely misread the situation and misjudged Dortmunds intentions.
Sancho probably is not happy but he can't complain about Dortmund not honoring their promises and he would look pretty bad if he caused a huge fuss now....

I am not saying that it won't happen if United decides to pull out all the stops 2-3 weeks from now combined with Sancho pulling an Auba/Dembele but as of now it has become less likely that Sancho will play for United next season by an enormous amount.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Except for that one Norwegian guy that no one knows.
Never trust blokes with rainbow icons. Jokes aside, Sancho makes you lot better, but not a definite margin though. United has a good squad upfront/midfield and needs a Sancho type of CB to play alongside Maguire. I mean Maguire was supposed to be that man, but lets just call it lost and move on. From this whole debacle, we now know that Woodward has some mouth pieces in the media to spread fake rumours to try to unsettle the player.

- Ozil was at a party in Turkey where he took a picture with the current manager of Istanbul Basaksehir. That has triggered a ton of reports where Ozil might be on his way there. Istanbul could be willing to let Robinho go to cover the wages for Ozil to be brought in and Arsenal might subsidise some of his wages to GTFO.

- Hulk wants to come back to the EPL, LOOOOOOOOL!

- Arsenal have set the price for Guendouzi which is 40 million pounds, PSG and Barca being linked to him today.

- Atletico linked with Torreira, Arsenal still want Partey. Could be something to build around.

- Martinez will only stay at Arsenal if he's allowed to play games, he wants to take the next step and become the number one for Argentina. Good for this mate in gaining confidence!

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Ehhhhh not really.
I think he will still get minutes in the cup games but Lovren low key played a decent amount of minutes for LFC last season. Matip and Gomez can miss time and LFC could really use a more veteran player. Ragnar Klavan is probably the template here; veteran, reliable stop gap who is durable. Being good in the air would be nice. Being homegrown wouldn’t hurt either; but it’ll be tough to bring in one of those with LFC’s current budget.
They should just use Nat Phillips IMO. Looked fine v. Everton and had some good experience in Germany this season.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Nat Phillips isn't ready for consistent minutes. With Gomez and Matip basically injury prone, they need someone who could play 10-15 matches without a problem. If Sepp and Hoever aren't ready/good enough, he's surely not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad