Transfer: Summer Transfer Window Rumors part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
The two situations are far from analogous, but in the light of the palace coup theory I find myself thinking about the 'Mutiny of Heredia'.

That ended with the President of Barca remaining in office, and a dressing room clearout. Nunez, however, was able to pull a rabbit out of the hat by bringing back Johan Cruyff as his coach. Bartomeu apparently lacks any such ace up his sleeve.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Twitter would break if Messi decides to join Juve or Real
B86FD89A-6C08-427D-A1E0-C76D10EB9C34.jpeg

But a buddy of mine who’s a Milan fan already texted me to tell me it’s going to be Milan. Lol.

Reactions: Juve

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I want to believe that
The unfollowing of Barca on social media definitely seems a strategic move. If this was all going down right now, I think that’s something that would happen in the coming days, if at all. Not immediately as news breaks.

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
I almost feel sorry... honestly. You are one of the richest team, they invested massively every year more than any team, they have one of the best young squad in the world with talent everywhere but because the spoiled Manchester United fan did not get Sancho then they are not going to rebel.

I'm not sure where at all in my post it came off as being spoiled. I'm fully aware of what United are capable of spending, my point is that for years now, those signings haven't worked out constantly, and to say that United have one of the best young teams is a stretch. We have a great attacking presence, however it doesn't do anything if you can't build squad depth and invest in defence. I don't even know where you got the Sancho point, considering I couldn't care less if they were to get him, I'd much rather they build out the backline first. Investing massively doesn't mean investing it properly, and anybody who's remotely aware of how we've done the last few years with Woodward in charge can see that.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I'm not sure where at all in my post it came off as being spoiled. I'm fully aware of what United are capable of spending, my point is that for years now, those signings haven't worked out constantly, and to say that United have one of the best young teams is a stretch. We have a great attacking presence, however it doesn't do anything if you can't build squad depth and invest in defence. I don't even know where you got the Sancho point, considering I couldn't care less if they were to get him, I'd much rather they build out the backline first. Investing massively doesn't mean investing it properly, and anybody who's remotely aware of how we've done the last few years with Woodward in charge can see that.
It is fine but at the same time manchester united were one of the hottest team in the premier league since the return. They got possibly the brightest english youngster in Greenwood.
Their defense is not ideal but the window just started and the price are still high. Also depending of the Maguire situation it might force the Manchester United board to invest as an alternative. Take a breather? Wait and see.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
My other buddy who is the biggest Argentina national team supporter I know -

The man has done almost everything the sport can offer at the club level....and his global endorsement deals will leave him as one of the top 10 richest atheletes there are. Given the only accomplishments that still have avoided him only come around every 4 years, he likely won't be doing Argentina any favors getting knocked around in the PL. he should follow the footsteps of Pele and Beckenbauer and come to America. He doesn't need the big club contract. His Gatorade contract alone is annually bigger than that. He alone could fill stadiums here in the US!! And....he wouldn't be getting beat up, and still be fit to play in maybe 1-2 more World Cups!

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
View attachment 363856

But a buddy of mine who’s a Milan fan already texted me to tell me it’s going to be Milan. Lol.
I wish, but that's not going to happen.

Sad day for Barca and even though they will never be a club I fancy along with Real, this just feels wrong. He should've been a lifer. Sad way to leave for the GOAT.

Also a great way to start for Koeman, what a blithering moron, how he though the decision to piss off Leo's best friend would be good in attempts to keep Leo is beyond me.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
It is fine but at the same time manchester united were one of the hottest team in the premier league since the return. They got possibly the brightest english youngster in Greenwood.
Their defense is not ideal but the window just started and the price are still high. Also depending of the Maguire situation it might force the Manchester United board to invest as an alternative. Take a breather? Wait and see.
Maguire situation will blow over and it'll get swept under the rug. I mean he already got called up to the England squad.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I’m in the camp that believes that if it happens, it’ll only be City or PSG. I think even a move back home to Argentina is more likely than any other club.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Any tweets in Catalan or Spanish you can ask me I can translate for you too

TBH it's easier to just copy/paste them into google translate in detection mode. I have no idea if it's Catalan or Spanish looking at it, nor did I know right away that the Nordic language above was Norwegian vs. one of the others. Google figures that all out and tells me what it says. Sure it might miss some nuance or a word here and there, but it's enough that I can understand what's being said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad