Transfer: Summer Transfer Window Rumors part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I actually think - depending on who they bring in - that they might be fine. "The Barca way", the tiki taka, etc.... It's not up to snuff in today's football where everyone and their mother has perfected high press, counter-press and adjusting their line defensively.
Not unless you have the perfect personnel for it, and Barca hasn't had it since 2014/15.

Barca, with Messi and Suarez, as great as they are, couldn't really press like other teams, and maybe more importantly, was lacking speed to exploit high lines.
It's how Roma beat them, it's how Bayern beat them.

If they invest smartly, Dembele and Griezmann actually get to play their preferred roles, they might do just fine.

But who knows at this point...
Very understated points. I do believe that to beat the very best teams in the world right now you need 11 guys committed to running and tracking back a bit or provide a press. With ultimate talent, you might get away with one guy not doing that. Two guys? No way. The best clubs will you expose for that.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
The best thing to happen to Messi is to leave Barca.

The best thing to happen to Barca is for Messi to leave.

I agree with this - if it helps bring about a boardroom purge.

With a competent president, and the spectre of being 'the man who forced Messi out' removed, Barca should become a more appetising prospect for a top coach than the poisoned chalice it appears now.

Reactions: Luigi Habs

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
He's trying to straight-up cancel his contract, in which case Barca wouldn't even be eligible for a fee? That's a cold-blooded move.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
i want to see messi in pl. the physical style of play, would be intresting to see how he handle that.

You'll get your wish when the Saudis return and seal the Newcastle United takeover.

If he misses the Catalan beaches, he need only head to Tynemouth. If he wants privacy, then there are more castles in Northumberland than any other English county - simply spruce one of them up, refill the moat with water, and grant the little chap a private army to guard the walls and gates. If he feels homesick, they can even arrange weekly Argentinian music nights over Ouseburn way.

Easy as you like.

Must dash, there's a bloke in a white coat with a concerned look on his face peering through the window.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
They should let him leave for free if he wants to.
He brought them 3 CLs FFS. He's 33.
Don't really disagree. Rough ride for supporters, though. That sinks the club for the short-term at least.

I certainly don't care for the club, but your talisman leaving like that? Oofa.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah he's not leaving. More I think about it, the more I'm sure it's all a scam.
He is getting Bart fired, that's all. He's not going to leave Barca for real.
The minute Bart is fired, he's coming back.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
All of this just continues to reiterate how much I absolutely despise and f***ing hate being a United supporter sometimes. Every other squad making upgrades and we're going to make some garbage depth signing at the last moment and have an entire season of Woodward and co shoving down our throats that keeping Pogba and the development of Woodward are like new signings. Absolutely pathetic.
I almost feel sorry... honestly. You are one of the richest team, they invested massively every year more than any team, they have one of the best young squad in the world with talent everywhere but because the spoiled Manchester United fan did not get Sancho then they are not going to rebel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $16,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Frosinone vs Inter Milan