Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part 8 - Things Are Getting Messi

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
It just seem weird to see Mbappe leave when PSG have the best chances at CL for the next 2 or 3 years.

I don't buy the Messi does not change anything... it does... My feeling is that Mbappe wants a way out if he re-sign with PSG which seem like PSG does not want to offer that.

I mean PSG probably were one of the main CL contenders even before Messi moved over there. Real not so much.

Seems like RM is his childhood team and he wants to be the main man.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Seems like RM is his childhood team and he wants to be the main man.
Yes and what does it change?
Childhood team is all good but winning is way more important for athletes. Like I said, he should ask for a way out after 2 or 3 years before considering leaving the ship on the midst of winning it all which is also his childhood dream.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
The announcer mentioned Napoli & Arsenal in connection to Zakaria during the match just now.

I would be down for a Xhaka - Zakaria - Partey midfield. Or Zakaria - Partey with ESR/Odegaard in front of them.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Childhood team is all good but winning is way more important for athletes. Like I said, he should ask for a way out after 2 or 3 years before considering leaving the ship on the midst of winning it all which is also his childhood dream.
I agree.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto

I mean he clearly puts more of an emphasis over the other, otherwise he would’ve extended his contract. Real is a team in transition at the moment, and PSG were recent finalists and added big time talents even before Messi showed up. If winning the CL was his priority, he would’ve extended a long time ago.

I think the CL is his childhood dream but it’s clear that playing for Real is his bigger dream. There’s a clear road for him to go to Madrid, whether it’s this summer or next, and he seems to be acting on it.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It's only people speculating he hasn't resigned in order to go to Real.
Remember he didn't accept to go to Real 3 years ago.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
It's only people speculating he hasn't resigned in order to go to Real.
Remember he didn't accept to go to Real 3 years ago.

This is true, I wonder why he seems hesitant then. In any case hopefully Real doesn’t get him, it will be fun watching that trio work together for some special moments.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
"Barça without Messi has a roster that cost more than 600M in salary" I don't know where that number comes from but the current wage bill is at about 300M I believe

That was pre pandemic.

Yeah, I didn't bother to check the numbers, but I had added them up in my head and I didn't think that was accurate.

Depends on the athlete. Some might prioritize winning, others their childhood team and others still wages.

it will be fun watching that trio work together for some special moments.

No, it won't.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I mean FFS, can't you just ring Leipzig and offer Moriba, Umiti or Lenglet (or both, they choose) and somebody else for Olmo?

I like Odegaard but the rumored fees seem a bit high for a guy that Real Madrid hasn't given a shot and is basically forcing out.

Doesn't seem so expensive now, does he? ;)

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I mean FFS, can't you just ring Leipzig and offer Moriba, Umiti or Lenglet (or both, they choose) and somebody else for Olmo?

Like I said, I'll take him at Arsenal. I just don't understand how Madrid's asking price is 45-50m when they won't even register him.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I would be down for a Xhaka - Zakaria - Partey midfield. Or Zakaria - Partey with ESR/Odegaard in front of them.

He'll do well in EPL. He's not as polished a passer as Granit was when he left them, but he has a similar passing radius when he's feeling comfortable and is waaaaay more athletic/mobile.

Zak can also play in a back 3.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

You can make that offer, but you still need to come up with something to do after Leipzig passes...

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
He'll do well in EPL. He's not as polished a passer as Granit was when he left them, but he has a similar passing radius when he's feeling comfortable and is waaaaay more athletic/mobile.

Zak can also play in a back 3.

Based on my admittedly limited viewings of him (and what you've said), it seems like he would be an ideal signing as a DM in a midfield 3 that can drop in between the CBs in posession. Take some defensive responsibility away from Xhaka and let him just spray the ball around.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Barca should probably buy out the contracts of Sam and coutinho. No one is going to take them at this point.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Are PSG happy playing Mbappe if he runs down his contract? If so it is quite obvious what he should do in my opinion.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Based on my admittedly limited viewings of him (and what you've said), it seems like he would be an ideal signing as a DM in a midfield 3 that can drop in between the CBs in posession. Take some defensive responsibility away from Xhaka and let him just spray the ball around.

If he's healthy & on form, he's great. Last season was very up & down for him and Neuhaus really established himself while Zakaria was recovering, but the year before he was awesome & he was still strong at points after coming back. Unfortunately, he's out of contract in two years & this is the summer Eberl agreed to let him move on.

Reactions: KJS14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad