Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part 8 - Things Are Getting Messi

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
With Norwich beating them to Tzolis, Gladbach have started being linked to Jonas Wind & Ibrahima Niane.

William Pacho should be announced soon & they are still heavily linked to Faitout Maouassa.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
They didn't.
Grealish this year cost more than Messi over his whole contract.
Let that sink in.

Another good number. PSG with all its new signings has a roster that costs less than 400M in salary. Barca without Messi has a roster that costs more than 600M in salary.
Mate, we're talking about Neymar here...

I've never understood why people are so high on Ramsdale. He seems deeply mediocre to me.
The deal is dead between him and Arsenal thankfully.

I would totally take Tolisso here, doesn't have the creativity we need as a #10, but could be a brilliant #8 if we're not in the market for Aouar.

Definately prefer Neto to spending like 30 million for Ramsdale of course. Would be okay with him as backup. Ideally I want someone to replace Leno as well.
I don't understand our club at all mate. We needed a back up goalkeeper the day Arsenal decided not to sign Matt Ryan to an extension...yet we're one day away of starting a new campaign with the ridiculously bad Icelandic goalkeeper still as our number two. GK are seriously some of the cheapest players to buy, just buy one with some potential between 7-15 million and get done with it. This is effin' stupid!

I guess the same way Kane isn't?

Not that I care much. I don't want Lautaro for crazy money.
Lautaro most definitely isn't leaving, sure Inter had to pay off their debt off by either selling him (Martinez) or Lukaku and they got twice as much for Lukaku. I highly doubt that Lautaro will stay there after next summer's window, but they aren't selling him until they have a full window to replace him. Plus, he's going to improve this year and they're going to get a greater fee than they would have this time around. The Harry Kane situation is way different - apples versus oranges here - as the player personally wants a move out and majority of the time players get the request. The situation here is that Spurs don't need to sell him until they get what they think he's worth and Kane has already avoided training for the time being. He's not going to stay there...

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
upload_2021-8-13_11-51-27.png

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

"Tottenham has no desire to sell Harry Kane and that has been communicated to ManCity abundantly clearly. They have no plans to part with Harry Kane."

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Levy would negotiate Judas down to 10 pieces contingent upon a successful mission and then once the job was done, would say "Get you next time!"

Reactions: Fro

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Nainggolan travelled to Belgium today, he's expected to sign at Antwerp. Pretty surprising since everyone thought he was going to Cagliari.
He wasn't that good down the stretch for Cagliari, and with Marin and Rog there he wouldn't have probably started anymore

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I think Kane will be sold, but if City are seriously waiting for Levy to lower his price, then forget it. I don't think that is really City's position though - it is just that this is how the dance goes.

Levy has built a reputation of being difficult to deal with when Spurs are selling. This helps Levy in two ways; 1) you rarely see clubs trying to "lure" players away from Spurs because they know it is no point 2) when a bid comes in it is high.

Additionally, it would be impossible for Levy to get the average fan to accept Kane of all people being sold cheaply. Kane is on a complete different level to Berbatov, Keane, Carrick, Modric and probably even Bale when it comes to connection with the fans - by being a "local boy".

Reactions: Fro

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I’m kinda surprised they gave him one before he’s played a whole competitive match back.
He’s up in 2023, they had to. But even with that, he is too important and it shows that the team takes care of its players. Which is nice. Apparently dialogue for the extension started like 8 months ago so it’s something that was a priority to get done.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Percy Tao is on his way out of Brighton, heading to Al Halil. Hopefully, we can get a chunk of change back for him.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm all for Odegaard, I personally think he can still find some of that Sociedad form in North London. Just think it's strange that he has always been the priority, yet the club gave ESR the #10 shirt recently.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I'm all for Odegaard, I personally think he can still find some of that Sociedad form in North London. Just think it's strange that he has always been the priority, yet the club gave ESR the #10 shirt recently.

It is an odd one for both parties to me, but less so from Arsenal's perspective than the player. I get you need depth, but why the #&$&$^ would Ødegaard not find a club where he would be the obvious no. 1 in his position at this point?

If he could have 2 more seasons like in Sociedad (or hopefully even better when he has played 30-40 games) half of Europe would be desperate to sign him - and he would still only be 25 or something. If he ends up struggling to get going for Arsenal most of his career might end up being wasted.

Personally I'm almost shocked to see Ødegaard these days. So much sideway stuff. I thought he was finally getting away from that at Sociedad.

Obviously if Arsenal get that Sociedad player ++ the deal will be amazing form them. I just wonder if he will be given enough time to find himself again in London.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
He’s up in 2023, they had to. But even with that, he is too important and it shows that the team takes care of its players. Which is nice. Apparently dialogue for the extension started like 8 months ago so it’s something that was a priority to get done.
They couldn’t have waited a month or two?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad