Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part 8 - Things Are Getting Messi

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I do think Spurs should sell and sell high on Kane, I could see him suffering from a body breakdown injury wise but would be nice if they did it to a team outside the EPL. Just don't think anyone is capable of paying 150M though outside of City.

Every single Spursfan I know is OK with selling Kane for £150m. Problem is you might end up in a Torres/Carroll-situation. Getting 150m for Kane should probably strengthen Spurs overall, but it might not if you end up paying 90m for Lautaro (I like him, but not at 90m). And I'm sure there are far worse deals out there than Lautaro for 90m.

Would I take Lautaro and Kounde for Kane? I don't know you be honest. With Kane you do have some injury concern, but generally speaking he is very healthy. With the others sexy names do not always translate to good players. Ndombele being a brilliant example (not that I have given up, but even in the 50m+ category it is not a given the player will live up to expectations).

Also there is a history with Kane being a local player etc.

At least we are not talking about 60m with his contract running out next year.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Every single Spursfan I know is OK with selling Kane for £150m. Problem is you might end up in a Torres/Carroll-situation. Getting 150m for Kane should probably strengthen Spurs overall, but it might not if you end up paying 90m for Lautaro (I like him, but not at 90m). And I'm sure there are far worse deals out there than Lautaro for 90m.

Would I take Lautaro and Kounde for Kane? I don't know you be honest. With Kane you do have some injury concern, but generally speaking he is very healthy. With the others sexy names do not always translate to good players. Ndombele being a brilliant example (not that I have given up, but even in the 50m+ category it is not a given the player will live up to expectations).

Also there is a history with Kane being a local player etc.

At least we are not talking about 60m with his contract running out next year.
I mean, he wants to leave. What are you going to do? Chain him to the stadium gate? Frankly, with what he's given to the club, I think he's more than earned it. The hard-line by Levy this summer is a bit much for me to fathom.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I mean, he wants to leave. What are you going to do? Chain him to the stadium gate? Frankly, with what he's given to the club, I think he's more than earned it. The hard-line by Levy this summer is a bit much for me to fathom.

He is allowed to leave. For the right price. Fin.

It's Kane's own fault for signing that contract.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011

Yes. It must be such a horrible destiny having to play for Spurs. Since he wants to leave why not let him leave for ten pounds?

He signed a 6 year contract. Live with it.

It wasn't a 6 year contract based on Spurs playing in the CL every year, guaranteed to fight for the PL title etc.

What we will do is wait and see if City pay up. If not he is apparently signing a new contract (not sure why he would but I guess to pay him some more to make him forget City).

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Yes. It must be such a horrible destiny having to play for Spurs. Since he wants to leave why not let him leave for ten pounds?

He signed a 6 year contract. Live with it.

It wasn't a 6 year contract based on Spurs playing in the CL every year, guaranteed to fight for the PL title etc.

What we will do is wait and see if City pay up. If not he is apparently signing a new contract (not sure why he would but I guess to pay him some more to make him forget City).
Who said anything about ten pounds? It's pretty clear Levy is playing hardball and asking the moon. There's a canyon difference between this Godfather routine and just giving the guy away. You'd think through all this time they'd have built some sort of trusting relationship, but it seems really lacking here.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

He'd do it mostly so that he can get a release clause.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Forgot to post Ihattaren is close to Monaco.

And yes Le Parisien says Messi doesn't have a signing bonus and there's no better source.
He does have a 78M bonus if he opts for the 3rd year.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Who said anything about ten pounds? It's pretty clear Levy is playing hardball and asking the moon. There's a canyon difference between this Godfather routine and just giving the guy away. You'd think through all this time they'd have built some sort of trusting relationship, but it seems really lacking here.

We don't know any of this yet. Obviously Levy isn't going to say early on in the negotiations that Kane has been with us for so long we would accept 80. If this is postering from Levy or not we can't say. And he knows if it starts to leak that Levy will give in - then City won't offer to their maximum.

And if the rumours are true that Kane will sign a new contract if City won't pay - then it can hardly be that bad.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
He wants to stay, his agent said so. So unlike Kane

We'll see I guess. Not much to stay for if the team is getting gutted.

And not much reason to keep him for Inter if Spurs go Andy Carroll with their bids (which I obviously hope they won't).

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
We'll see I guess. Not much to stay for if the team is getting gutted.

And not much reason to keep him for Inter if Spurs go Andy Carroll with their bids (which I obviously hope they won't).
They have plenty of reason as they still want to ply football I imagine. The team being gutted doesn’t mean every single player will get sold lol

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Although I did say no way Varane would be sold or Messi ever levaing barca. Here we are though. So what do I know

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
They have plenty of reason as they still want to ply football I imagine. The team being gutted doesn’t mean every single player will get sold lol

But it might influence how desperate Lautaro would be to stay lol.

And if Kane is sold and Spurs come in for him he would know he would be the main man at Spurs rofl. While now as Kane is still at Spurs he wouldn't.

And this is not me suggesting Spurs is bigger than Inter. Just that playing for Inter might not be as attractive as it used to be. Who knows when they stop selling at this point.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Just pull a 3 way... Jesus + cash to Inter to backfill the striker, Lautaro to Spurs, cash from city to Spurs to offset value, Kane to City on Monday

(Mostly joking)

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Kane is probably my third favorite football player right now. That being said, taking everything into account, 150 mil for him is crazy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad