Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Lazio apparently interested in Brandt but don't wanna pay much for him given the poor season he's coming off of. Italy feels like a good spot for Julian, and might help him get back on track as that 8/10 that Favre started converting him into.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
So utterly pointless trying to buy players like Phillips and Lamptey. Would love them both, but they are not coming to Spurs - at least not this summer.
I think Lamptey stays put another season regardless. White and Bissouma will likely be the big departures.

I doubt we sell all 3, plus Lamptey coming off of injury may want to stay on a team where he has a definite spot. Fighting to start without a game in half a year would be tough.

Reactions: Havre

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I think Lamptey stays put another season regardless. White and Bissouma will likely be the big departures.

I doubt we sell all 3, plus Lamptey coming off of injury may want to stay on a team where he has a definite spot. Fighting to start without a game in half a year would be tough.

Agree. Maybe if Guardiola has only bought 3 new full backs come September he'll just bring in Lamptey to make up the numbers, but for Spurs to break the bank on a guy that has had a muscular injury sounds far fetched.

Not that I can know with 100% certainty of course.

Last edited:
Reactions: robertmac43

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
The concept of "worth" is a bit tricky. If Spurs get 100m for then to spend 80m buying Lukaku - then quite clearly he is worth a lot more than 100m.

I could see there being quite a lot of back and forth through the summer on this one. Pretty certain Spurs will test the water on who they might bring in if they sold Kane - but I can't see that conversation starting at 100m. 100 + Laporte and Jesus. Might throw in Ake as well when you are at it.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Spurs obviously won't sell at that unless Kane absolutely forces a move, but lol at some of these hopes.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I doubt it's a serious rumour, however, the Brighton Independent mentioned that PSG is looking to swoop in and secure the signing of Ben White.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Really nothing Kane can do in terms of "force". At 100m he might threaten to retire and still Spurs wouldn't sell. At least not to another club in England.

Everyone knows that it doesn't matter for City if they pay 100 or 300. So might as well just offer the 300 now if you ask me.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Spurs don't want Lukaku. Point is that you will be downgrading on Kane and unless there is significant money in between there is no reason for Spurs to take the deal - and Kane can't really do anything about it.

Personally I think Abraham would be a decent player to target, but somehow I don't see Chelsea selling him cheaply to Spurs so that Spurs can sell Kane to City.

I think what Haaland does will influence how this plays out. If Haaland ends up at Chelsea then I think City will bid more than 200m for Kane. Not exactly a lot of forwards around that will "guarantee" that you got a forward scoring at the rate Haaland most likely would in the PL. Kane is basically it - at least for someone with PL experience and not being Lewandowski.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Sterling works as well.

Jesus is such a strange one. At times I think he looks sensational, but I don't think one can deny that he isn't scoring enough goals - considering who he plays for. Even if his goals per 90mins isn't by any means bad.

Even if City would let Sterling go I don't see how he signs for Spurs. Probably not the two others as well, but who knows - Laporte and Jesus would definitely work for Spurs in terms of need. Laporte from 18/19 would be sensational for Spurs.

Add some money and Spurs would be stronger overall in my opinion. Not that I would want to sell Kane, but when that is the return it would hardly be a disaster.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I wouldn’t want any of those guys City is willing to give up.

I also don’t think Sterling would move from City to Tottenham. That is a big downgrade for him, and last I heard he was trying to move abroad. Doesn’t have anything else to prove in England either

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I could see Laporte and Jesus signing but not Sterling
I could only see Jesus doing it honestly. Laporte knows he can go to the big Spanish teams whenever he wants.

Jesus doesn’t have a natural landing spot but I also don’t think he replaces Kane at striker. He feels like more of a inside forward/winger to me.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
That might not be the decision Laporte will have to make though. If Spurs say you get Kane if we get Laporte then who cares if he would rather move to Spain? Then Laporte would have to choose between sitting on the bench for City or playing for Spurs. I agree it isn't obvious what he would then go for, but I don't think it is completely unthinkable that he would move to Spurs.

Obviously Sterling would strengthen Spurs, but another player who prefers the left wing is kind of the only thing Spurs do not need.

These kind of deals never really happen, but if it would ever happen I think it would be now. Spurs know they are in a difficult position in terms of CDs and I don't think there is a better alternative out there than Laporte - realistically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad