Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Did I read that Leicester is close to buying Daka? Lol, night and day difference in being able to spot talent and close in on it compared to rubbish Arsenal who's too busy making low offers for random Belgium players. :laugh::laugh::laugh: You don't need to spend 60+ million on good players when you can have someone similar for half that cost if you have know where to look.

In other news though, seems like Arsenal is preparing a bid to go in for Aouar again...

How many PK goals though?

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
They played with two forwards for quite some games in the second half of the season. If so they need at least three forwards. Vardy is finally starting to slow down. Can't rely on him for 38 games next year.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Only 2 year contract.

Yes, it does smell a LOT like they don't even want to sign him.

Yep, that was what was rumored, though I think the player was happy with it as well. I think it works well both ways to a degree, but I'm happy it's only 2 years.

Great ball from Pedri there. Problematic for Poland as no one picked up Moreno walking into the box.

Sorry, but anyone interested in Pedri needs to pay the buyout clause.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I know Leicester have more money than they let on, but they might be selling someone.

Daka is a case of too good to pass up IMO. I don't understand how Edouard and this guy were only available for around 25 million. If they were selling someone though it would be Tielemans and I've only heard of Liverpool being interested. That being said I doubt they're selling.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Ugh, the worst thing about Nagelsmann going to Bayern is half hoping that they'll buy every young german that I want Julian to develop.

Like I would love for Nagelsmann to help Baku take the next step from FC VW because that would be huge for the NT & VFL won't sell to anyone who doesn't have Bayern or EPL money...or for Nagelsmann to "fix" one of Süle or Tah the way Pep "fixed" Boateng...but it's f***ing bayern. I can't root for good things to happen to them...

Reactions: bluesfan94

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Leicester is most likely trying to make a nice run in Europe, top 4 in England and will want to defend the FA Cup. They need more depth so adding Daka doesn't mean anyone is leaving. Daka, Soumare and probably another defender, since their D seems to be oft injured, would help with the amount of games they'll probably play. Think they need to get a RW or RM as Albrighton while still serviceable could be upgraded on.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Daka is a case of too good to pass up IMO. I don't understand how Edouard and this guy were only available for around 25 million. If they were selling someone though it would be Tielemans and I've only heard of Liverpool being interested. That being said I doubt they're selling.
Maddison is the guy I expect to be sold if they sell someone, as it's been a rumor for a year or two now that he might be going.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
BVB apparently has no interest in bringing Isak back to Dortmund and has agreed to sell Sociedad their buyback clause.

No word on how much they're getting not to trigger the option, but with their focus on Malen, this makes sense...even if the financial profit from buying Isak & re-selling him would likely have been higher than whatever Sociedad is paying them.

The fee is supposedly 5 million euros. RN suggested Madueke instead of Malen. I prefer Madueke. We’ll see which one we pick, if Sancho leaves. That of course requires United to pay like 95+20 in add ins by July 23. Not a given.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The fee is supposedly 5 million euros. RN suggested Madueke instead of Malen. I prefer Madueke. We’ll see which one we pick, if Sancho leaves. That of course requires United to pay like 95+20 in add ins by July 23. Not a given.

Wonder if you'll also get a cut of whatever they sell him for. 5M feels low for a kid you could buyback & re-sell for ~15M pretty easily.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They will find a sucker for Maddison. Probably Arsenal

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I wonder what this means for Kelechi Iheanacho. Seems like he would be the odd striker out.
I mean that's a pretty substantial upgrade regardless. Iheanacho isn't that good of a player or his inconsistency is a major flaw to his game. LC would be stupid to sell Maddison, he's like a less talented version of Mount and Grealish, but has similar qualities/strengths to bring from the middle park.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
So utterly pointless trying to buy players like Phillips and Lamptey. Would love them both, but they are not coming to Spurs - at least not this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad