Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Will miss Danny Rose. Can't help thinking that with the right "guidance" he still could have been an excellent LB for Spurs. Astonishing how he suddenly just fell off a cliff.

One of the most underrated players in England the last 10 years I would argue. At his best he just shut down the left defensively while being decent going forward as well. He went from that being the worst of all the crap full backs at Spurs in just some months.

I don't think he will ever get close to what he was, but really hope he can get back to being a good football player again. Hasn't got that many miles in his legs so should have a fair few years left if he could.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
  • Messi's contract expires in exactly two weeks.
  • OM and Barça at odds over Konrad and talks have stalled.
  • A lot of Man City players being linked with Barça and via various moves. I'm quite skeptical of most of it, but I can see why the rumors exist.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
@Duchene2MacKinnon

Brighton agreed to a club-record fee for Nicolas Gonzalez (25 mil). Hopefully, he can be the answer to our xG issues.

yup but you should see the posts about him in the other thread. Apparently he sucks. My only concern is how his body will hold up. Missed a lot of games last season through injuries. And epl play rough. If he can stay healthy he will be good. I wonder if he will play as a winger or a striker.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

yup but you should see the posts about him in the other thread. Apparently he sucks. My only concern is how his body will hold up. Missed a lot of games last season through injuries. And epl play rough. If he can stay healthy he will be good. I wonder if he will play as a winger or a striker.

The Copa thread? He looked solid outside of his finishing. Made some nice runs.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
40m for Trippier :laugh:

I got so much flak from Spursfans when I rated him (even if he was horrible in his last season for Spurs - which I think can be explained by being injured and having a difficult relationship with Pochettino and Alderweireld), but 40m is lunacy - even if I think he would be excellent for United.

I can't see Villa moving for Abraham considering they already got Watkins, but Rowe would be such a good fit there. With him and Buendia they would have both depth and new level of quality compared to this season (assuming this isn't the Grealish money being spent - but why would he leave now not having left before?).

Not that I think Arsenal would sell Rowe.

Abraham by the way would be the player Spurs should replace Kane with. That would be an exceptionally complicated deal though. Chelsea would ask the world from Spurs - after Spurs having sold Kane to City.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The Chelsea stance on Haaland seems more like a warning shot than anything concrete. It's their way of saying we're back to being one of the biggest clubs in world football, and can spend as much money as we want.

Even if Chelsea want to sign Haaland this summer and are willing to pay a world record transfer fee that is such ridiculous money that Dortmund would be silly to not take it, how difficult are those other fees going to be? I speculated it could be nearly 80-90 million. I've seen rumors since that it could actually be not much less than the world record transfer fee would be, which sounds absolutely insane and speaks to the problem with the payments some teams make to agents and family members.

Then you factor in that they have a deadline of July 23 installed for any possible deal, and Chelsea haven't even started negotiating anything with anyone, otherwise we would get some leaks to that effect that they have. In other words, it's not happening.

And on Bellingham, we'll see what happens in upcoming seasons, but he has a contract until 2025. Unless some team wants to come up with some ridiculous offer next summer that approximates what the maximum fee in 3-4 seasons would be, what's the point of selling? I see virtually no chance he leaves next summer. Maybe 2023, but even then there's still little incentive to sell a 20 year old whose value is still going up. There will be offers because he's going to be one of the best players in the world eventually, but there's going to be no incentive to sell anytime soon.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
If were spending anywhere near 40mil on a RB why not go for Aarons? Or get Baku from Wolfsburg? Trippier is good and would offer something different from AWB but that's so much money for a 30 year old.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
feels like its algerians everywhere.

what would be best possible algerian lineup right now with all players available?
Well, mostly the AFCON winning lineup, with a few additions/tweaks here and there

Bellaili....................Boundedjah............................Mahrez (C)

....................Bennacer .....................Feghouli

.......................................Zerrouki

.........................Bensebaini...............Mandi ....................Belamri ............................Atal

......................................................GK : the eternal Mbolhi

We also have Benrahma at the LW spot, but Bellaili and Bounedjah played together when they were kids so their chenistry is very important .

Other strikers are the relible Slimani and Andy Delort who just had a great season with Montpellier.

Zerrouki is a recent addition to our midfield, I prefer him to Guedioura; Guedioura is the algerian version of Casemiro, but unlike Casemiro he does get red carded, and it's not very reassuring in big game.
Another great addition in MF is Farid Boulaya from FC Metz , he's fresh of an excellent season and could be on the move this summer.
We also have another youngster, Hicham Boudaoui in that department - Atal's teammate at OGC Nice - he's coming of a solid season in France, and has really improved under Patrick Vieira

Ounas and Ghezzal are the perfect Mahrez backups; Ounas just had a great season with Crotone in Serie A but he just contracted an injury and Ghezzal was instrumental in Besiktas winning the Turskish Superleague (and cup)

We also have great young talents in the Algerian League and the Youth national teams, I'm praying the FA doesn't f*** this up LOL
The senior team coach, Belmadi, is keeping an eye on them and even called up some of them but he probably won't in the upcoming months as he needs players he can trust now, as he is keeping the impact of FIFA rankings on group seedings in mind; I agree with him

By the way I missed this tweet; well done by Villareal's social media team

Last edited:
Reactions: Eye of Ra

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The Chelsea stance on Haaland seems more like a warning shot than anything concrete. It's their way of saying we're back to being one of the biggest clubs in world football, and can spend as much money as we want.

Even if Chelsea want to sign Haaland this summer and are willing to pay a world record transfer fee that is such ridiculous money that Dortmund would be silly to not take it, how difficult are those other fees going to be? I speculated it could be nearly 80-90 million. I've seen rumors since that it could actually be not much less than the world record transfer fee would be, which sounds absolutely insane and speaks to the problem with the payments some teams make to agents and family members.

Then you factor in that they have a deadline of July 23 installed for any possible deal, and Chelsea haven't even started negotiating anything with anyone, otherwise we would get some leaks to that effect that they have. In other words, it's not happening.

And on Bellingham, we'll see what happens in upcoming seasons, but he has a contract until 2025. Unless some team wants to come up with some ridiculous offer next summer that approximates what the maximum fee in 3-4 seasons would be, what's the point of selling? I see virtually no chance he leaves next summer. Maybe 2023, but even then there's still little incentive to sell a 20 year old whose value is still going up. There will be offers because he's going to be one of the best players in the world eventually, but there's going to be no incentive to sell anytime soon.
My sense with Haaland is they are just trying to build the groundwork for a move next summer. Bellingham will also be multiple years down the road. Like Sancho, I think he plays 3-4 seasons at Dortmund before serious transfer negotiations start, and those negotiations could still take a year or more.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
If were spending anywhere near 40mil on a RB why not go for Aarons? Or get Baku from Wolfsburg? Trippier is good and would offer something different from AWB but that's so much money for a 30 year old.

its nuts. They should just sell AWB and go with someone else but that doesn’t seem to be the goal here

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I think Trippier makes sense for United - just not at 40m.

I love the potential of Aarons, but watching a bit of Norwich (due to Skipp) I'm not sure if he is progressing as rapidly as one thought he would some time ago? Not to say he won't take that next step, but he reminds me a bit of AWB when United bought him. AWB looked brilliant for CP (or at least his potential), but maybe he isn't all that after all?

Not that the style of AWB and Aarons are all that similar of course.

Trippier on the other hand - you more or less know what you get. 2-4 years of him taking some of the load off AWB sounds like a good idea to me. AWB is still quite young so he might also take another step and then you rather have someone experienced like Trippier next to him than Aarons in my opinion.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
My sense with Haaland is they are just trying to build the groundwork for a move next summer. Bellingham will also be multiple years down the road. Like Sancho, I think he plays 3-4 seasons at Dortmund before serious transfer negotiations start, and those negotiations could still take a year or more.

I think that’s going to be difficult though. Like it or not, the two biggest draws for Haaland are still going to be Madrid and City. And next summer most teams should have more money. It’s plausible neither team goes for Haaland next summer. If City signs Kane and Madrid goes for Mbappe next summer instead of this one, it could open up Haaland going to Chelsea. However, if Chelsea really want him, they should try for this summer. Next summer they aren’t going to be the only option and the other options are the two teams that have long been rumored to be his next destination.

I’m optimistic that Bellingham will stay longer than Sancho, and surely Haaland. First of all, Raiola’s not his agent, like Haaland. Second of all, we signed him at a younger age than the other two. The contract terms give us a lot of leverage. Third, he seems more committed to the club than the other two, not that they weren’t committed. He’s not from London or Manchester or Liverpool. He’s from Birmingham. He doesn’t have that same attachment to these big cities or clubs. Also, he says all the right things already about the club that fans love to hear. Not all players do that. And the club is trying to sign his younger brother.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I think that’s going to be difficult though. Like it or not, the two biggest draws for Haaland are still going to be Madrid and City. And next summer most teams should have more money. It’s plausible neither team goes for Haaland next summer. If City signs Kane and Madrid goes for Mbappe next summer instead of this one, it could open up Haaland going to Chelsea. However, if Chelsea really want him, they should try for this summer. Next summer they aren’t going to be the only option and the other options are the two teams that have long been rumored to be his next destination.
That's why I mentioned before, and there were some reports of it, but Chelsea might be trying to make a deal like Naby Keita. Offer a sum above whatever release clause, but below the high current asking price, it gets signed this summer, but Haaland doesn't arrive until summer of 2022. Just pray he doesn't have a significant injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad