Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Becuse french players/former ligue 1 players have done bad in Arsenal recently? Lacazette and Pepe have been disappointments so far.
It's fun because Lacazette literaly took the team on his shoulders in the second part of the season, where Arsenal was the most successful. Actually Pepe was instrumental too.

Nothing to do with french, I simply think Arteta is heavily biased towards spanish players.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Arsenal interested in Fekir.
Would surprise me.
You know how desperate we are for a #10 who has some creativity that's better than Odegaard level? I would prefer a pacer club like Wenger's over Arteta's heavy slow-approach, but Fekir at this point fits Arteta's system than Wenger's past style of clubs. It depends, I still think if Arsenal needs upgrade from Spain, we go after Soler. However, I haven't see any rumours for him since the window has opened.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
  • Fekir has done really well with Betis. You have to wonder how much more he'd contribute on a better team. Very underrated player nowadays if you ask me.
  • Looks like the Konrad deal could be loan with option or even obligation to buy. Could be a transfer too. Either way OM has zero risk if any potential fee I'm reading is correct. Good player, but a lot of players ahead of him in the first team with Collado getting the nod over him when it comes to promotion to the first team. So good move for both Konrad and OM if it works out assuming he'll get minutes.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
B8uqbpA.png

my french is not the best, but nubel, boateng, orsic, bailey and brozovic on the way to monaco.

lecomte, toure, gelson, sidibe, golovin, maripan, bennasser, serrano on the way out which will give monaco around 100m.

and 35m to monaco if mbappe leaves psg?

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
20m for Aurier? Surely that is just a thank you for not taking Pochettino? :laugh:

And Pochettino should leave PSG tomorrow if they are getting Aurier instead of Hakimi.

So not sure how that works.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
B8uqbpA.png

my french is not the best, but nubel, boateng, orsic, bailey and brozovic on the way to monaco.

lecomte, toure, gelson, sidibe, golovin, maripan, bennasser, serrano on the way out which will give monaco around 100m.

and 35m to monaco if mbappe leaves psg?
It's just one guy thinking out loud. No basis for those rumors.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
  • Konrad apparently to OM on loan with a 5 million option to buy.
  • Barça are apparently interested in Gaya now. Hopefully that is correct.
  • A lot of rumors regarding Laporte to Barça.
  • Rodgers apparently interested in bringing Coutinho to Leicester. Let's hope that is true.
  • Depay could be completed this week. Apparently his shirt was listed on the club's site before it went under maintenance.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
I like this transfer. He needs to play. Can’t wait around at Barcelona much longer.

As an American fan he is probably the biggest wildcard as we have no idea what kind of player he actually is. Im not even saying the wildcard is him being a star for the US. the wildcard is between him being someone who fizzles out entirely and someone who is a useful national team player. Most of his moderate hype among US fans is because he is good enough to make the bench for Barcelona (something even a few years ago would have made him our top prospect, but happily for us now just makes him a prospect). But he wasn't great the couple times he played with the national team. Just know idea until he plays first team football.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The news everyone has been waiting for

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
As an American fan he is probably the biggest wildcard as we have no idea what kind of player he actually is. Im not even saying the wildcard is him being a star for the US. the wildcard is between him being someone who fizzles out entirely and someone who is a useful national team player. Most of his moderate hype among US fans is because he is good enough to make the bench for Barcelona (something even a few years ago would have made him our top prospect, but happily for us now just makes him a prospect). But he wasn't great the couple times he played with the national team. Just know idea until he plays first team football.

The downside you mention is Julian Green. But even Green is now back in the Bundesliga.

KDLF is also more talented at the same age. Worst case scenario he’s a lower half of the league regular in one of the top leagues. Right now that’s a regular on our NT. He can be much than that, and I think he will be better. I wouldn’t expect a star, but I think he’ll be capable of playing regularly for a UCL/Europa League team in a top league.

Reactions: KlausJopling

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
  • Depay could be completed this week. Apparently his shirt was listed on the club's site before it went under maintenance.
lol these technical issues sometimes are so weird. Memphis is a baller; Barca gonna be happy.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Arsenal had a bid of 17 million pounds rejected from Lazio for Joaquin Correa.

The Athletic reporting that Sabitzer has a release clause of 50 million, but it seems that can go as low as 15 million Euros some time this summer. Not sure what's going on there...

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I'm sure there will be a bidding war if Leipzig is indicating Sabitzer can leave for anything above 15m.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I'm sure there will be a bidding war if Leipzig is indicating Sabitzer can leave for anything above 15m.
I mean, if Sabitzer's release clause is 15M, why would anyone bid more than that? The bidding war would be in his compensation, not the price to Leipzig

Reactions: AB13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad