Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
He’s not worth that amount. I wouldn’t pay more than about 30M. I think the difference is probably an irrelevant consideration for a club that has unlimited money. But is that Liverpool?

And ask @cgf about Neuhaus. He knows that team better than any of us and says Neuhaus is overrated. Neuhaus is a new big name, but he’s not actually that great. He’s not going to become one of the best CM’s in the world. He could play a part at Liverpool. I don’t doubt that, but the rumored price and his reputation is inflated.
Yeah there are some ridiculous Bayern rumors. They’ve been going on for a bit, and I think even back in the fall or even last season. I can’t remember.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Quite a difference between being able to play somewhere, and being natural there.

I just think Spurs shouldn't prioritize attackers, especially not left-sided ones.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Quite a difference between being able to play somewhere, and being natural there.

Guess they might both be converted to strikers though
...Thuram is a natural striker who was converted to a wide-forward and spent about a third of his time up front this season...

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The exception. Not the rule; but when was the last time Goretzka has regularly been playing wing?

Oh that's part of why I wanted to mention him :laugh:

Watching a 17yo LeGo charging up the wing when Bochum visited the Alte Forsterei was something I won't soon forget...but even he was more of a super-sized offensive-allrounder who just happened to break through at the senior level on the wing.

Reactions: Savant

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Are you talking about Neuhaus? Cause this seems like a very...odd...analysis of his game.
Where do you stand on Neuhaus by the way. You’ve seen much more of him that I have

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Where do you stand on Neuhaus by the way. You’ve seen much more of him that I have

Difficult question :laugh:

Initially, I liked him a lot & was really disappointed he chose Gladbach over Union...as I thought he was the perfect Mattuschka successor who could lead us to the first division.

Then I started to have doubts about his skill-level in the final third at the top level, which made me worry about his ceiling...but he has just continued getting better every season in all aspects of the game. In the final third he looks more & more like the dynamo he was for Dusseldorf; while every season he looks more like Schweini than Kroos against the ball.

He (almost certainly) won't ever be the best deep midfielder in the world, but he's really good & at this point, I'm done betting against him continuing to improve. LeGo is more athletic & dynamic in the box still, but I don't think the NT loses too much if we have to play Neuhaus over Goretzka.

Reactions: Savant

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Not the ban. But it had to be done. He also won't be fit for a while anyway.
Yeah I think it's more messed up on the agent's side. Shouldn't affect Silas too much it's not like he was styling in the youth leagues being way older or anything; he's shown his stuff at the top level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad