Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part 2: Håland leaving. Some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Spurs' hierarchy unimpressed and defiant as 'desperate' Harry Kane tries to leave

The view of the Tottenham hierarchy is that there is absolutely no chance of Kane leaving this summer, and especially not to any Premier League rival. They see Kane, who is competing to win his third Premier League Golden Boot in six seasons, as utterly irreplaceable and therefore do not see any value in letting him go. Especially when he still has three years left on the six-year contract he signed in 2018 — a deal that earned him more money but effectively weakened his bargaining position.

That contract means Spurs retain the upper hand in any negotiations of this summer. They can afford to keep Kane against his will for the next year, knowing that he will still be a valuable asset in the summer of 2022. Kane does not have much leverage. He cannot run his contract down. It would take at least another season for his value to start going down.

But what Kane does have is a belief that he has a gentleman’s agreement with Levy from last summer.

Manchester City enquired after him in the summer of 2020 and Levy turned them down. Kane wanted to go but was told by Levy to give him one more year. The player believes that this entitles him to a move this coming summer, but Levy is not going to give him what he wants.​

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Any of our resident La Liga fans have input on Getafe's Mauro Arambarri?

I keep seeing rumors about United interested in him. We need a DM but this dude is tiny and plays like Fred on film.

Reactions: Gecklund

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Any of our resident La Liga fans have input on Getafe's Mauro Arambarri?

I keep seeing rumors about United interested in him. We need a DM but this dude is tiny and plays like Fred on film.

Not sure what he’d cost and might not be as robust as you’re looking for, but Mikel Merino has done well with La Real. He obviously knows the Premiership as well.

Reactions: luiginb

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Unless they plan on flipping I don’t understand this move. Even if they sell Roberto. They go with him and dest next year.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Well there’s talk he’s going to be asked to take a wage cut. Best option is to offload him. I’d be fine with Atleti buying him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad