Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part 2: Håland leaving. Some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Kane would obviously prefer England but he's signed for 4 more years. Levy wouldn't let him move in England. PSG makes sense and that is probably where he goes. Icardi could probably go the other way. That is my prediction.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Kane would obviously prefer England but he's signed for 4 more years. Levy wouldn't let him move in England. PSG makes sense and that is probably where he goes. Icardi could probably go the other way. That is my prediction.
Would Arsenal be interested? :sarcasm:

mmk786

Mar 3, 2004
Barcelona is essentially replacing Suarez with Aguero. At this point I would think Suarez is the more effective striker (can be argued he has always been). Maybe Aguero will prove me wrong but we shall see

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I mean this is what Liverpool should have done when Sterling left. These owners need to not let these players stay in England.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I don’t think he even starts for them
Based on what? Not only is he currently better than their remaining forwards aside from Messi but Koeman is also a big fan and leans heavily on him already with the NT. If he's only coming in because Koeman is staying there's very little chance he isn't a nailed on starter.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Based on what? Not only is he currently better than their remaining forwards aside from Messi but Koeman is also a big fan and leans heavily on him already with the NT. If he's only coming in because Koeman is staying there's very little chance he isn't a nailed on starter.
Koeman isn’t staying and I wouldn’t take it for granted that Depay comes.

Reactions: luiginb

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Koeman isn’t staying and I wouldn’t take it for granted that Depay comes.
If he's not staying then it's unlikely that Memphis goes from what's been reported. If he does go it would be silly not to have him as a starter though given the rest of the forwards they have and their current level.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If he's not staying then it's unlikely that Memphis goes from what's been reported. If he does go it would be silly not to have him as a starter though given the rest of the forwards they have and their current level.
He might not be an out an out starter but he would be rotational. I mean we don’t know what kun is coming plus greizzy has played much better in 2021

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I mean this is what Liverpool should have done when Sterling left. These owners need to not let these players stay in England.

Foreign clubs aren't going to overpay anyone for being English. International transfers are almost out of the question whenever that's a factor.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Foreign clubs aren't going to overpay anyone for being English. International transfers are almost out of the question whenever that's a factor.
Maybe? But I’d rather take less money and not have to see the guy win trophies with the teams that I am competing with either. That’s worth taking less transfer fee

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I mean he isn’t a winger anymore so he has to get in over Messi or Griezmann. He isn’t doing either.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I mean he isn’t a winger anymore so he has to get in over Messi or Griezmann. He isn’t doing either.
He would get in over Griezmann at this point, and he still plays on the left (6 goals in 9 games from LW this season, plays on the left or up top with the NT as well where he has been pretty fantastic) so he'd likely play there when Griezmann is playing. Plus, like I said, if Koeman is the coach which is what was reported as the reason they'd buy Memphis he's going to be an out an out starter.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He would get in over Griezmann at this point, and he still plays on the left (6 goals in 9 games from LW this season, plays on the left or up top with the NT as well where he has been pretty fantastic) so he'd likely play there when Griezmann is playing. Plus, like I said, if Koeman is the coach which is what was reported as the reason they'd buy Memphis he's going to be an out an out starter.
I don’t really agree with any of this, but don’t really care enough to go further than that. I will say it comes down to him and Griezmann in all likelihood and Barca have too must invested there to drop him off straightaway. We will see.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Memphis NT record makes me really interested to see what he would do at Barca under Koeman with, again, much better support than he's ever had.

To put it in perspective he's got 17 goals and 15 assists in 2,803 competitive minutes (Euro Qualifying, World Cup Qualifying, Nation's League and World Cup) with the Netherlands which translates to roughly a goal or assist every 87 minutes. Including goals and assists against France, Germany, Portugal, Italy, Chile, England and Belgium. Better than his club numbers which are also impressive (this is rare I think among top players, to outperform production at club level with the NT).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He's right though.
If Koeman stays, he will start Depay over anyone deserved or not.
And if Koeman doesn't stay, Depay might just not come.
Now if Koeman goes and Depay comes then he's not going to start most games except if Griez and Dembele are sold (which is possible). But that 3rd option isn't the likeliest.

Reactions: YNWA14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad