Transfer: Summer Transfer Thread Part 2: Håland leaving. Some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I would agree. LFC are in an enviable position right now. They will hardly miss( not 100% accuracy see Mino) but more likely than not the signing will be a good one. Hell even them passing off on Fekir was good from their POV.
Minamino wasn’t great but LFC will still make money on him when they sell him

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I will take whoever the scouts want to sign because Klopp will make them into a star. The Jota signing is good proof of this. Although to be fair I also knew Jota would be this good. Way way past the point of worrying about who the club signs.
They definitely deserve the benefit of the doubt, but I do not have a good feeling about the Konate signing if that happens

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I think he's actually a midfielder and these coaches don't realize it yet. I like him but he doesn't do anything like a forward and I would never play him there.

Absolutely, central offensive midfielder is where he looks best. But not for a club as big as Liverpool.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
They definitely deserve the benefit of the doubt, but I do not have a good feeling about the Konate signing if that happens

He is technically injury prone but I don't know if that's really the right way to put it. He had a messed up hip and they decided to try to treat it without surgery, and that did not work. Then he had surgery and he was out. If he'd gotten surgery in the first place he would have only missed three months, so this was a bad gamble on Leipzig's part. Otherwise he has one ankle injury from this year where he missed almost two months. The price would also be one of the biggest heists of the last few years if he didn't get hurt so I can see why they can't pass him up.

Reactions: robertmac43

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He is technically injury prone but I don't know if that's really the right way to put it. He had a messed up hip and they decided to try to treat it without surgery, and that did not work. Then he had surgery and he was out. If he'd gotten surgery in the first place he would have only missed three months, so this was a bad gamble on Leipzig's part. Otherwise he has one ankle injury from this year where he missed almost two months. The price would also be one of the biggest heists of the last few years if he didn't get hurt so I can see why they can't pass him up.
But he is hurt. And every other CB on Liverpool is coming off major injury. Great player but wrong team fit. If it’s works out that’ll be great but I don’t see it.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
But he is hurt. And every other CB on Liverpool is coming off major injury. Great player but wrong team fit. If it’s works out that’ll be great but I don’t see it.

He hasn't been hurt since Feb. They don't play him every game because they know he's leaving, just like countless teams do to other players. But that's a whole other thing.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He hasn't been hurt since Feb. They don't play him every game because they know he's leaving, just like countless teams do to other players. But that's a whole other thing.
Naby Keita flashbacks.

last game he played he got yanked at halftime. He isn’t getting minutes. It’s a concern

Reactions: luiginb

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Naby Keita flashbacks.

last game he played he got yanked at halftime. He isn’t getting minutes. It’s a concern

Keita played every game he was eligible to play that last season with Leipzig except two of them. He was suspended for a couple and injured for one. I'm not saying there's no reason to worry, but he had no injury history at all, he played every week, and he wound up like this.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Even so, an elite central defender at that cost is worth a gamble, assuming you can get something out of VVD / Gomez.

Keita has shown flashes, but can’t stay healthy. Not sure it’s all on him. Price was expensive, though others were going to be in the queue.

He’s still pretty young.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I suggested it and don't actually think I like it. We don't really have a Biss replacement. Maybe Moder but Potter has been playing him as LM since he came to the team.

I don't think Minamino is the type of forward you need, way to similar to what you have in a good movement player but lacks finish. Think you should go for Pereira up front from WBA, can score and create. Him and Lamptey on the right is a ton of pace and danger, he knows how to get into scoring areas and has a decent finish. For a Bousouma replacement you could probably get Anguissa at 20M, not a huge fan but would give you someone with premier league experience, and Pereira for 20M so a two for one swap in a sense. Maybe Berge frome Sheffield, hasn't had the best time in England but has the size, skill and pedigree to be better than Bissouma I believe. He'll cost 30M though.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So now that BVB likely makes the CL, it does change the dynamic around Haaland. BVB could decide to keep him and he probably wouldn't force a move out.
Interesting turns of events.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
So now that BVB likely makes the CL, it does change the dynamic around Haaland. BVB could decide to keep him and he probably wouldn't force a move out.
Interesting turns of events.
It definitely strengthens BVB’s position. But with Mino at the helm there will be a ton of drama at minimum. Case closed.

Reactions: Evilo

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Can't Elliott play now that he's back from his loan spell at Blackburn? Surely better than most on the bench for Liverpool today.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
It definitely strengthens BVB’s position. But with Mino at the helm there will be a ton of drama at minimum. Case closed.

The chance that he leaves now is around 20%. Some club has to pay a crazy price. I would say 150 Mio €+.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Can't Elliott play now that he's back from his loan spell at Blackburn? Surely better than most on the bench for Liverpool today.
Maybe if he is registered? They could certainly use him

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
If Liverpool pull it off, and it’s a big if, it will be interesting how that impacts the summer plans.

I have been vacillating between modest summer and owners doing something large to try and get good will. If CL is there, I’ll lean further on that latter opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad