Transfer: Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part VIII

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
From the reports close to the negociations yes pretty much.
Mbappe chose to become a legend in Paris rather than Madrid. People here can't seem to understand but it's very obvious and there's no need to find excuses or weird reasons.
He can bring its first CL to Paris rather than the zillionth to Madrid.
I've said for years that people here don't understand Mbappe's mindset. He wants to make history. He wants to be remembered. Like being PSG's all-time best goal scorer. Like winning the CL. Then and only then will he leave.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
From the reports close to the negociations yes pretty much.
Mbappe chose to become a legend in Paris rather than Madrid. People here can't seem to understand but it's very obvious and there's no need to find excuses or weird reasons.
He can bring its first CL to Paris rather than the zillionth to Madrid.
I've said for years that people here don't understand Mbappe's mindset. He wants to make history. He wants to be remembered. Like being PSG's all-time best goal scorer. Like winning the CL. Then and only then will he leave.
No one becomes a legend of the sport in Paris playing for PSG.

Does he want to be a legend in France or a legend of the game?

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
That does not contradict was @Evilo is saying though.

In 3 years, he could have brought the CL to Paris and became their all time leading scorer.
Yeah, maybe. The whole “legend” thing is kind of nebulous. If he wins one CL in Paris and then goes to Madrid, wins three, a bunch of personal accolades more, and is generally remembered as a Madrid player, is he still a PSG legend? There’s no right answer.

I think the legend thing is pretty convenient as an answer, though. He has more power and influence at PSG than he would ever have in Madrid.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
That's beyond stupid, but I'll let you analyze your own words.

His own mom?
My point is that, in the grand scheme of things, PSG does not matter. It is all fine and dandy if he wants to become a legend at home, but no one becomes a GOAT by playing Ligue 1 for their entire career. That's why he'll end up leaving at some point. For Madrid or for England, who knows, but he likely won't stay passed his current contract.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
My point is that, in the grand scheme of things, PSG does not matter. It is all fine and dandy if he wants to become a legend at home, but no one becomes a GOAT by playing Ligue 1 for their entire career. That's why he'll end up leaving at some point. For Madrid or for England, who knows, but he likely won't stay passed his current contract.

I think you can become a GOAT by playing Ligue 1 so long as you put the requisite numbers and win a CL or maybe WC, neither of which I personally would consider necessary.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Who said he would for his entire career?
His goal is to beat the PSG records, win the CL and then move on to win title elsewhere. Nobody said otherwise.
But he'd become a legend if he wins the CL with PSG. He already has a WC under his belt and will likely win a few more WC/EC/CL before his career is over.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Who said he would for his entire career?
His goal is to beat the PSG records, win the CL and then move on to win title elsewhere. Nobody said otherwise.
But he'd become a legend if he wins the CL with PSG. He already has a WC under his belt and will likely win a few more WC/EC/CL before his career is over
Winning the CL with PSG is the bear minimum at this point. Like, look at the money they have been putting in the squad. Not having won already is underwhelming... but that isn't Mbappé,s fault, of course.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Both have. When you spend that much money, you expect a CL.
They came close against Bayern in the final two years ago. Were also victims of some of the most outrageous reffing a couple of times.
Shit the bed last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad