KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Some American rumors

- Timothy Weah to Valencia
- Konrad de la fuente to everywhere, most recently Olympiacos
- John Brooks (free agent) to Saudi Arabia
- Anderlecht looking at two MLS guys (John Tolkin and DeJuan Jones) as a LB replacement to Gomez
- Only other rumors where from a mostly young guys possibly being loaned out. Like Cole Basset going to Dutch team lower down the table and the same with Justin Che in Germany

That's probably it for potential moves for Americans. Other than maybe Dest being sold. Not sure where I stand on that possibility, since Xavi arrived there is a story about once a month that Barcelona doesn't like him and wants to sell than a few days later Xavi comes out and says how much he likes his potential. All the time Dest maintains he wants to stay. Don't think a World Cup year affects him since I think he know even if he just gets spot duty with Barcelona there is no one that can really challenge him as a started at RB for the US.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
FYI there’s no 1000 post limit anymore. You can just keep your summer thread until a winter one is apropos

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Some American rumors

- Timothy Weah to Valencia
- Konrad de la fuente to everywhere, most recently Olympiacos
- John Brooks (free agent) to Saudi Arabia
- Anderlecht looking at two MLS guys (John Tolkin and DeJuan Jones) as a LB replacement to Gomez
- Only other rumors where from a mostly young guys possibly being loaned out. Like Cole Basset going to Dutch team lower down the table and the same with Justin Che in Germany

That's probably it for potential moves for Americans. Other than maybe Dest being sold. Not sure where I stand on that possibility, since Xavi arrived there is a story about once a month that Barcelona doesn't like him and wants to sell than a few days later Xavi comes out and says how much he likes his potential. All the time Dest maintains he wants to stay. Don't think a World Cup year affects him since I think he know even if he just gets spot duty with Barcelona there is no one that can really challenge him as a started at RB for the US.
I hope not on both the bolded. Valencia is a dumpster fire of a club. Rivals United for worst run. I’d rather Weah stay there. Brooks should have just come to the MLS.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
I hope not on both the bolded. Valencia is a dumpster fire of a club. Rivals United for worst run. I’d rather Weah stay there. Brooks should have just come to the MLS.

I'm guessing Brooks knows he has no chance on working his way back into the team. Agreed on Weah, if i was Lille i would hold onto him until after the World Cup. He seems likely to get playing time for the US and someone will up their price tag on him because of it

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
Interesting article about Barca. Countdown to Barca fans refuting every point in it...3..2..1...

• Haha
Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Can Bassett/Che be loaned from a loan? I guess they could terminate the loan, but both clubs have purchase options.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Can Bassett/Che be loaned from a loan? I guess they could terminate the loan, but both clubs have purchase options.

Not sure the mechanics of it, but the rumor was Feynoord was going to work with Colorado to adjust the loan so they still have the purchase option but he could be loaned out to another team.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Not sure the mechanics of it, but the rumor was Feynoord was going to work with Colorado to adjust the loan so they still have the purchase option but he could be loaned out to another team.
That doesn’t sound legal. I’d think they would take the option and then loan him.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
So this is basically going to be Aubameyang for Alonso, right?

Better not be more than 2 or 2+1 contract.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
pull-lever.gif

Barcelona right now
The fifth lever is a GoFundMe page

So this is basically going to be Aubameyang for Alonso, right?

Better not be more than 2 or 2+1 contract.
Supposedly Barca doesn’t want to lose Aubameyang AND Memphis. And Barca would rather keep the former. I think Barca waits to see if Memphis leaves before making decision on Aubameyang, but moving Aubameyang is probably easier. Don’t think Alonso and Aubameyang transfers are related.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So funny when LFC fans complain about FSG when (one of) the backup options was Peter Lim. The grass is always greener…

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
So funny when LFC fans complain about FSG when (one of) the backup options was Peter Lim. The grass is always greener…
I don’t know what this has to do with my comment and I’m very confused.

Oh wait isn’t Lim the Valencia owner?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The fifth lever is a GoFundMe page

Supposedly Barca doesn’t want to lose Aubameyang AND Memphis. And Barca would rather keep the former. I think Barca waits to see if Memphis leaves before making decision on Aubameyang, but moving Aubameyang is probably easier. Don’t think Alonso and Aubameyang transfers are related.

Zzzzz go moonlight with Neville

Reactions: les Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad