Transfer: Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part VIII

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
How’d Liverpool manage? By the way, who was the one goal Nunez scored against?
That’s his point. Liverpool aren’t good right now. Fulham are definitely in better form that Liverpool right now. Honestly I think Newcastle would have won that game if they actually played and didn’t spend the entire second half time wasting.

Liverpool are in a top four fight this season just like Arsenal are. Arsenal have had the easiest schedule in the league and they’ve taken advantage of it. But we knew Arsenal had the easiest opening schedule since the fixture list dropped. Isn’t an insult just the truth. Liverpool haven’t exactly had an undertaking but they are no where near their level right now either. And Arthur isn’t going to be the guy who brings them back there.

Darwin back tomorrow. Hopefully something to look forward to. Darwin being good, team getting healthy. Carvalho, Elliott and Jones keep developing; that’s what is going to have to save Liverpool’s season.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Fortunately he is available this weekend but this was the situation so this [the recruitment of Zakaria] was more or less a last-minute option.

‘He gives us a lot of options because he has speed, height and physicality to bring to this group. He can play in the back-three and I think he can play even in a back-four. He can play both positions in the midfield and maybe even wing-back because he's fast enough and has the volume.’

This guy is f***ing nuts. Tuchel gets any kind of player and sees a wingback lol. And he can’t play cb, that’s lunatic shit.

Reactions: ecemleafs

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Fortunately he is available this weekend but this was the situation so this [the recruitment of Zakaria] was more or less a last-minute option.

‘He gives us a lot of options because he has speed, height and physicality to bring to this group. He can play in the back-three and I think he can play even in a back-four. He can play both positions in the midfield and maybe even wing-back because he's fast enough and has the volume.’

This guy is f***ing nuts. Tuchel gets any kind of player and sees a wingback lol. And he can’t play cb, that’s lunatic shit.
I am confident that if we somehow signed Haaland, we would be playing him in Cucarella's spot.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Would've been funny, but wouldn't have hated it. Also seen that we'll go back for Alvarez in January.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Spenders and earners this window :

Ajax +111M
Sporting +73.8
Monaco +73.5
Lille +73
Brighton +66
Benfica +65
Leicester +64.4
Sevilla +63.5
Salzburg +63
Burnley +56.5

United -226.5
Chelsea -223.7
West Ham -164
Nottingham -155
Newcastle -136
Spurs -131
Barcelona -115
Arsenal -108
PSG -93
Wolves -79.5
(then Southampton, Marseille, Brentford, Fulham, Nice, Milan, Bayern, Inter, Palace, Villa, Everton, Bournemouth)
Out of the 22 biggest spenders, 14 are EPL clubs, and the top 6 is all EPL.

Reactions: John Pedro

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Ajax +111M
Sporting +73.8
Monaco +73.5
Lille +73
Brighton +66
Benfica +65
Leicester +64.4
Sevilla +63.5
Salzburg +63
Burnley +56.5

United -226.5
Chelsea -223.7
West Ham -164
Nottingham -155
Newcastle -136
Spurs -131
Barcelona -115
Arsenal -108
PSG -93
Wolves -79.5
(then Southampton, Marseille, Brentford, Fulham, Nice, Milan, Bayern, Inter, Palace, Villa, Everton, Bournemouth)
At least 14 PL teams ahead of Liverpool…

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
our net spend this summer was around 25m dollars. qualifying for the CL groups directly sure is nice. also nice having a manager and management team who go out and get their players early and dont spend all summer dicking around over a couple bucks here and there.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Ajax +111M
Sporting +73.8
Monaco +73.5
Lille +73
Brighton +66
Benfica +65
Leicester +64.4
Sevilla +63.5
Salzburg +63
Burnley +56.5

United -226.5
Chelsea -223.7
West Ham -164
Nottingham -155
Newcastle -136
Spurs -131
Barcelona -115
Arsenal -108
PSG -93
Wolves -79.5

I saw something this morning about how the Premiership spent as much as something like the next biggest 5 leagues in Europe combined. That said, Madrid and Barcelona outspent the rest of La Liga.

I’m actually fine with Premiership clubs spending like they are. It should force clubs in other countries to focus on scouting and youth setups more than spending which will pay off down the road.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
He’s the goat in my books but he’s been finished for a while

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
Multiple spats over PK duties last year, he frequently yells at teammates on the pitch and had temper issues under Ancelotti that were reported. Didn't he punch a Sevilla player or attempt to in a friendly this summer? Those kinds of things, he is immature and lets his temper get the best of him.

Also, I don't get why you are making this a Spurs thing..... I would criticize any team paying 60 million for Richarlison. Why buy him for 60 when you get 10 goals and tireless running for 15 through Maupay?
Did you happen to watch the game Saturday?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad