Transfer: Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part VIII

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
My top 10 best bargains
Any list of bargains has to have Billy Gilmour IMO. 9 million for a still well-rated prospect is an awesome business.

Honestly, I find bargains tough to predict. Often it takes a couple of years to truly know who the best bargains were. Overpriced flops always show their true colours first.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Exactly, which somewhat negates the wages argument. And yes, look at the rest of the market. Another 12.5 million gets you Soler.

If Arthur is athletic enough than surely Pjanic is.
But LFC wasn’t getting another 12.5m. It was like pulling teeth to get Arthur in.

Pjanic is a lump and he can’t take physical play. Not saying Arthur can but at least he is six years young. I don’t have high expectations either way.

It’s really getting HOT in here btw.
So hot?

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
But LFC wasn’t getting another 12.5m. It was like pulling teeth to get Arthur in.

Pjanic is a lump and he can’t take physical play. Not saying Arthur can but at least he is six years young. I don’t have high expectations either way.

So hot?
I think it's obvious LFC just wanted a short term fix.

Who knows what is their plan for next summer but anything short than 3 new midfielders would be a failure.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
in today's market 45 million for a CF with is experience and pedigree is 100% a bargain
It’s a fine deal. And if he continues scoring at the pace he is than I could see bargain, but I wouldn’t say bargain yet. I mean it’s 50mil for a guy who’s scored 10+ in the league twice and wasn’t even used as a striker for a team that had a huge hole their last year. I think we need more than 5 games to call it a bargain.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I think we need more than 5 games to call it a bargain.
Again, there's no point in asking the question if you need to wait to judge the answer. It's not fun asking for bargains and overpays in retrospect; that's easy to do.

Could be worse though. Could pay 100M for a guy who's never scored 10 league goals.

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It’s a fine deal. And if he continues scoring at the pace he is than I could see bargain, but I wouldn’t say bargain yet. I mean it’s 50mil for a guy who’s scored 10+ in the league twice and wasn’t even used as a striker for a team that had a huge hole their last year. I think we need more than 5 games to call it a bargain.
Not Jesus's fault Pep galaxy brained the striker role the past couple of seasons lol

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Not Jesus's fault Pep galaxy brained the striker role the past couple of seasons lol
GJ finally playing like he used to do in Brazil. He isn't a guy for positional football, like most brazilian players. They aren't used to stay at a space waiting for the ball, they need to move, go to the ball, quick one twos, freedom to roam and dribble.

Reactions: gary69

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It’s literally been 5 games but Jesus has become Jesus for folks on here…. BDO get real man. I’d be shocked if he keeps this up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad