Transfer: Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
And FWIW, Reshad retweeted Matt Law's response. I like the Chelsea aggregators, but I've learned which ones tend to post better stuff than others, and even then, it's best to try and go back to original source for proper context. Too many in general will just throw in the source in their tweet to give credibility, but what they actually tweet isn't what that source said.
Yup that’s how I picked it up. Given that he isn’t actually an official journalist he’s pretty good and open about it. Reliable but shouldn’t be taken as the gospel.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Honest question Barca fans. If there's no doubt that everyone will be registered and these stories are rubbish then why not just register your players? Why are they continually dragging this out? You got your levers so the show of funds is there. Why hold it over Pique, Depay or De Jong head to reduce salary or accept a transfer?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Honest question Barca fans. If there's no doubt that everyone will be registered and these stories are rubbish then why not just register your players? Why are they continually dragging this out? You got your levers so the show of funds is there. Why hold it over Pique, Depay or De Jong head to reduce salary or accept a transfer?
Becuase they can’t without moving money out I thought that was obvious? No barca fan is saying there’s zero problems, but these guys are professionals and aren’t idiots so they’ll get the job done.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah, a move is inevitable, but all parties are just waiting until the last minute to get the best possible deal. Whether that's a team like Chelsea trying to bid the least amount possible to get accepted, De Jong trying to get the highest possible wage to stay at Barca or Barca trying to get the most transfer fee they can or lowest wage they can on players they want to keep.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah, a move is inevitable, but all parties are just waiting until the last minute to get the best possible deal. Whether that's a team like Chelsea trying to bid the least amount possible to get accepted, De Jong trying to get the highest possible wage to stay at Barca or Barca trying to get the most transfer fee they can or lowest wage they can on players they want to keep.
Pretty much… all I know is to trust Alemany.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Well to clarify, when I say I'm confident they'll be registered, I mean by the end of the transfer window and NOT for the first matchday.

They already did. They sent the paperwork over to the league after the first three levers were activated. They need more so they're activating the fourth lever now and looking reduce salaries. As for players' contracts, I would assume it's because they're taking a multi-pronged approach and some players like De Jong don't fit within the new salary structure.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Becuase they can’t without moving money out I thought that was obvious? No barca fan is saying there’s zero problems, but these guys are professionals and aren’t idiots so they’ll get the job done.

But they've known they would have to move money out all summer. Why make the Raphinha transfer? I get the Lewandowski one as he's the best striker in the world but Raphinha isn't a game changer. Don't buy him and you can register Kessie and Christianson. If you knew Pique needed to take a wage reduction all summer why wait till 3 days out to do it? I get wanted to add as many new faces as possible but why not register the free ones first and then make transfers in after making transfers out and having the books in line? Just seems really unprofessional to the new signings to leave it this late.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I'm all for Depay getting to leave on a free if that's what he wants. Not a fan of him in our team based on his level, but he's been committed to the cause and I would only wish him well.

I'd rather keep Depay than old man Auba. Or better yet, sell Torres! I'm sure there would be a team dumb enough to pay us 30+ million for a player of his "pedigree and promise"

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I'd rather keep Depay than old man Auba. Or better yet, sell Torres! I'm sure there would be a team dumb enough to pay us 30+ million for a player of his "pedigree and promise"

Sorry, but no. Aubameyang is better than Depay and fits our needs better. And while I wasn't too keen on Torres' signing, he did well and he's far more versatile than Depay.

Were it me I'd keep De Jong (very obvious choice to me) but really see if he can take a wage cut. I'd definitely offload Depay and if an offer for Aubameyang is acceptable then tell him we've got an offer and would you consider talking to Chelsea or whomever. At this stage my priority would be offloading Pjanic, Umtiti and Braithwaite.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
But they've known they would have to move money out all summer. Why make the Raphinha transfer? I get the Lewandowski one as he's the best striker in the world but Raphinha isn't a game changer. Don't buy him and you can register Kessie and Christianson. If you knew Pique needed to take a wage reduction all summer why wait till 3 days out to do it? I get wanted to add as many new faces as possible but why not register the free ones first and then make transfers in after making transfers out and having the books in line? Just seems really unprofessional to the new signings to leave it this late.
Because they're confident in getting all the guys registered? Plus Raphina was bought before Lewa while Munich was insisting he wasn't going to be sold. Mind you I dont believe either had a barring on the other but some context is necessary. Either way they are convinced they will get all them registered so shouldn't be an issue until it is. If they dont get them all done it would be pretty embarrassing far greater calamity than LFC choke job. But I doubt it.

This post started bad than descended into lunacy.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

It's not as easy as pressing a button. Second, there are a lot of moving parts as it depends on who you bring in and how much that costs with regards to the transfer fee and wages. On top of that, these economic levers aren't as easy as picking up the phone and just striking a deal on the spot. And the club wanted to use as few levers as possible, so again we're talking a moving target here. You're not going to take out all the levers at once and then have taken out more than you needed because in the end you weren't able to agree a transfer for all the targets you were after. Take Lewandowski for example. They reportedly had an agreement with the player on a wage packet, but they still had to agree the fee with Bayern. Regarding Raphinha, they probably had to agree both. With regards to Kessie and Christiansen, they weren't official until July anyway, so it's an overall window of registration. And I'm sure the majority of the players affected knew all of this going and don't feel slated by "unprofessionalism". In fact, Barca were serious about making these deals go through for the signings themselves. It's been mentioned multiple times and even today I read that Laporta and Xavi really want to make Bernardo Silva happen in part because they don't want to disappoint the player. And why aren't you asking the same of Atleti who it just came out today are having trouble registering Griezmann??? Are Atleti unprofessional too now?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Because they're confident in getting all the guys registered? Plus Raphina was bought before Lewa while Munich was insisting he wasn't going to be sold. Mind you I dont believe either had a barring on the other but some context is necessary. Either way they are convinced they will get all them registered so shouldn't be an issue until it is. If they dont get them all done it would be pretty embarrassing far greater calamity than LFC choke job. But I doubt it
I would say them being unregistered is an issue until it isn’t rather than the other way around. Because they aren’t registered. But maybe that’s just me.

Yes the calamity of Barca choking to LFC in 2019 clearly has had quite the effect on that team.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
It's not as easy as pressing a button. Second, there are a lot of moving parts as it depends on who you bring in and how much that costs with regards to the transfer fee and wages. On top of that, these economic levers aren't as easy as picking up the phone and just striking a deal on the spot. And the club wanted to use as few levers as possible, so again we're talking a moving target here. You're not going to take out all the levers at once and then have taken out more than you needed because in the end you weren't able to agree a transfer for all the targets you were after. Take Lewandowski for example. They reportedly had an agreement with the player on a wage packet, but they still had to agree the fee with Bayern. Regarding Raphinha, they probably had to agree both. With regards to Kessie and Christiansen, they weren't official until July anyway, so it's an overall window of registration. And I'm sure the majority of the players affected knew all of this going and don't feel slated by "unprofessionalism". In fact, Barca were serious about making these deals go through for the signings themselves. It's been mentioned multiple times and even today I read that Laporta and Xavi really want to make Bernardo Silva happen in part because they don't want to disappoint the player. And why aren't you asking the same of Atleti who it just came out today are having trouble registering Griezmann??? Are Atleti unprofessional too now?

Didn't they agree with Kessie well before July? So they knew on July 1st he was going to sign with them and what his salary was gonna be. I'm not sure how or why you would agree to that if you are unsure you could even register the player? Christianson I don't remember when he agreed but thought it was before July 1st as well, again why are you signing guys if you don't have open wages to fit them in. If you had a bunch of your own free agents leaving so the money from them was going there it would make sense but I don't think Barca did.

Now I know no team wants to take a loss on a transfer if possible but if you are cash strapped sometimes you should lower your ask. West Ham doesn't need to sell players to balance the books but they are more than willing to take a loss on a transfer to move someone out. They've taken losses on guys like Ajeti, Haller and about to Vlasic a year later just to get them off the books. It's not a smart practice but I guess it's better to take what you can get and move on. Not sure while Barcelona is still asking 20M for Dest for example? Sure the player has to want to leave too, De Jong clearly doesn't and i hear Dest too but if he wants World Cup he needs to, but if they are willing take the most you can get and move on. So is it a not wanting to get below value or guys just don't want to leave?

I have no idea on the Greizman issue or Athlico, as I don't pay that close attention to La Liga. Greizman was registered last year and his salary hasn't changed and I don't remember AM doing much transfer business so their wage bill should be similar to last season?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool are (still) not interested in signing Matheus Nunes

Or probably any other midfielder this window

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Didn't they agree with Kessie well before July? So they knew on July 1st he was going to sign with them and what his salary was gonna be. I'm not sure how or why you would agree to that if you are unsure you could even register the player? Christianson I don't remember when he agreed but thought it was before July 1st as well, again why are you signing guys if you don't have open wages to fit them in. If you had a bunch of your own free agents leaving so the money from them was going there it would make sense but I don't think Barca did.

Now I know no team wants to take a loss on a transfer if possible but if you are cash strapped sometimes you should lower your ask. West Ham doesn't need to sell players to balance the books but they are more than willing to take a loss on a transfer to move someone out. They've taken losses on guys like Ajeti, Haller and about to Vlasic a year later just to get them off the books. It's not a smart practice but I guess it's better to take what you can get and move on. Not sure while Barcelona is still asking 20M for Dest for example? Sure the player has to want to leave too, De Jong clearly doesn't and i hear Dest too but if he wants World Cup he needs to, but if they are willing take the most you can get and move on. So is it a not wanting to get below value or guys just don't want to leave?

I have no idea on the Greizman issue or Athlico, as I don't pay that close attention to La Liga. Greizman was registered last year and his salary hasn't changed and I don't remember AM doing much transfer business so their wage bill should be similar to last season?

They agreed both Kessie and Christiansen before July. That doesn’t mean they’re going to just register them and not pursue other targets. Lewandowski deal essentially goes back to February I believe. Anyway, point is you don’t sit around and wait to register those two and not go after the other signings. They probably also planned on selling De Jong and might have assumed he’s agree to go. Either way, the main this is whether or not they register everyone before the transfer deadline and if you think they won’t then so be it.

Dest isn’t in the shop window anymore. Every player has their price, but I’m not even sure they were really throwing Dest out there. And the fees don’t matter. De Jong doesn’t want to leave and they could get either United or Chelsea to buy him.

Well there are reports that they can’t register Griezmann yet, nor Felipe, because they don’t have the revenue. So same situation despite Atleti not having the same financial difficulties yet apparently here it isn’t news.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Pretty quiet day in the Barcaverse...either everyone is hard at work or they jumped ship. If we dont hear anything late tonight it probably is a good time to get worried. Knowing Laporta's theatrics we shall see.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I don't know where to put it, but Real Madrid won the UEFA Super Cup... beating Liverpool was the end to their unstoppable run, but a few months later they are still at it.
Frankfurt wasn't looking so hot though... they got steam rolled last week by Bayern.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Might as well sell him. I think the injuries and amount of games have done him in. That or he needs a fresh start, because it seems clear he’s not getting his mojo back here.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I don't know where to put it, but Real Madrid won the UEFA Super Cup... beating Liverpool was the end to their unstoppable run, but a few months later they are still at it.
Frankfurt wasn't looking so hot though... they got steam rolled last week by Bayern.
1 down!

La Liga
Champions League
Copa del Rey
SuperCopa
Club's World Cup

5 to go ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad