Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Based on what? I am quite certain We'd be happy to be rid of all 4 as long as offers are reasonable.

Based on the many reports he wants to stay at Villarreal and they want him as well? Resonable is subjective.

Fwiw

The day Leganes challenges for titles is the day people will care about their shady business practices. In the meantime, no one gives a f*** about what a minnow does.

Is it fair? No. But it is what it is.
Ya pretty resonable but what’s shady about barca business practices?

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Based on the many reports he wants to stay at Villarreal and they want him as well? Resonable is subjective.

Fwiw

Nothing shady. At worse, we could call them "desperate". More realistically: they inherited a shitty financial situation and La Liga has tough rules.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA

Fwiw

Just because we want to clear out some room it doesn't mean we should accept "any offer" from broke ass spanish teams. I am certain we will be taking a loss on Lo Celso, Tanguy (big time) and Reguilion, but I think it's fair to expect any team to try to get maximum value as relates to the current situation. For Gio I think 15-20m would be fair given his performance last season. Tanguy - probably a loan, Reguilion, 15-20 again. Winks, i dunno. Probably that same range again maybe? Depends on where he's going to I suppose.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Maybe Leganes doesn’t have to do this if Barca don’t relegate them by stealing Braithwraite ?

:)
Im sorry stealing? Surely he was paid for... perhaps another Coutinho scenario?
Just because we want to clear out some room it doesn't mean we should accept "any offer" from broke ass spanish teams. I am certain we will be taking a loss on Lo Celso, Tanguy (big time) and Reguilion, but I think it's fair to expect any team to try to get maximum value as relates to the current situation. For Gio I think 15-20m would be fair given his performance last season. Tanguy - probably a loan, Reguilion, 15-20 again. Winks, i dunno. Probably that same range again maybe? Depends on where he's going to I suppose.
The comment was these players didn't want to leave looking for better offers... I correct it by saying Lo celso has made his decision to stay at Villarreal and it was the teams that needed to find an agreement. You went from A to Z real quick.

As for broke Spanish club.... well their european trophy case isn't broke.

Reactions: luiginb

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Loan with option to buy for Lo Celso.

There's obviously still a great player in there. Not sure why it never worked out.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Im sorry stealing? Surely he was paid for... perhaps another Coutinho scenario?

As for broke Spanish club.... well their european trophy case isn't broke.
Coutinho wasn’t signed due to a loop hole. Not sure how many other emergency exception signings occur. Didnt Barca sign Braithwaite outside of the transfer window due to emergency exception, Leganes were not allowed to sign a replacement, lost their best player are were relegated and haven’t been back up since.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Loan with option to buy for Lo Celso.

There's obviously still a great player in there. Not sure why it never worked out.
I'd say just poor management thanks Nuno and Lo Celso's injuries.
Coutinho wasn’t signed due to a loop hole. Not sure how many other emergency exception signings occur. Didnt Barca sign Braithwaite outside of the transfer window due to emergency exception, Leganes were not allowed to sign a replacement, lost their best player are were relegated and haven’t been back up since.
Its not a "loop hole" its a rule through injury crisis a rule made for everyone. Shame for Leganes but how is it stealing exactly? Your Liverpool Gary Neville at this point.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I think they've hit their limit of how much of the future part of the club they want to sell off for short term gain so....this seems very not good. They can't just sell more of the club's rights without it becoming things they don't want to get rid of.
They could just sell the whole club.... and start a new club named Real Barcelona :naughty:

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'd say just poor management thanks Nuno and Lo Celso's injuries.

Its not a "loop hole" its a rule through injury crisis a rule made for everyone. Shame for Leganes but how is it stealing exactly? Your Liverpool Gary Neville at this point.
So Carragher?

it’s stealing because Leganes weren’t able to replace the player they lost. They Didn’t have a choice. I’m saying it’s a loop hole because normally you aren’t allowed to sign players outside of the transfer window. Leganes certainly weren’t.

you are so sensitive about this. It’s very weird. All I’m saying is maybe let’s not dunk on what Leganes has to do for money because a big part of the reason that they are in their situation is what happened with Barca signing Braithwaite out of the transfer window.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
So Carragher?

it’s stealing because Leganes weren’t able to replace the player they lost. They Didn’t have a choice.

you are so sensitive about this. It’s very weird. All I’m saying is maybe let’s not dunk on what Leganes has to do for money because a big part of the reason that they are in their situation is what happened with Barca signing Braithwaite out of the transfer window.

Nah Carragher doesn't moonlight as a twitter lawyer.

I didn't read what ever was posted about Leganes since I dont care...call me sensitive or not there's no need to make up bullshit. But I mean it is EPL dunk on barca o'clock... so have at it.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Nah Carragher doesn't moonlight as a twitter lawyer.

I didn't read what ever was posted about Leganes since I dont care...call me sensitive or not there's no need to make up bullshit. But I mean it is EPL dunk on barca o'clock... so have at it.
EPL Dunk on Barca. Good lord.

If you want to be a vocabulary police because your point is coming through a blaugrana colored lens go ahead. If it’s not steal and it’s not loophole, what would you call it? And what am I making up here?

Barca signed Braithwaite in late February by paying his release clause (mandated to all La Liga players unless I am wrong) because of the Exception Rule. Because this happened in February, Leganes could not sign a replacement, were relegated and have not been up since. Leganes did not have a choice about losing Braithwaite because of the release clause. I also do not believe Leganes was in the relegation spots when this happened but I could be wrong.

Is any of the above incorrect? What am I making up here? If I’m wrong about something, I would be happy to say so.

If you would like to add something intellectual to this, I would be curious how often the Exception Rule has been utilized. But either way my intention was not directly to try to trash Barca here. I was just saying maybe we should take it easy on Leganes. Who actually have real financial issues, largely because of their relegation.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Stealing implies you didn't pay for something otherwise any time a transfer is made through paying the release clause its "stealing"... it isn't and arguing as such is stupid but knock yourself out I guess.

Its not a loophole ether its designed to save teams from injury crisis hence part of the rules...

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Stealing implies you didn't pay for something otherwise any time a transfer is made through paying the release clause its "stealing"... it isn't and arguing as such is stupid but knock yourself out I guess.

Its not a loophole ether its designed to save teams from injury crisis hence part of the rules...
So what would you call it when one team is allowed to sign a player outside of the transfer window, and the team losing the player can’t replace him? I mean, vocabulary officer, I don’t think stealing is unfair to use because, there Leganes wouldn’t have sold him for that price but because the mandatory, enforceable release clause they did not have a choice. You haven’t corrected me as being wrong on anything else that I mentioned aside from you not liking the words steal and loophole, but I don’t think I am on the wrong track here.

if it’s not a loop hole can you please provide other examples of it being used recently ? Still haven’t seen this.

also regarding Spanish release clauses, are they not mandatory? maybe we can say the release clause was too low? But how do the release clauses on Leganes level teams compare to Barca level teams? Like how common is it for there to be 25m plus (just throwing a number out there) for players at Leganes level teams. No one is going to be at Leganes with a billion dollar release clause like Pedri is for example.

is exception rule La Liga only? I’m not familiar with any other time it had been used. I’ve seen emergency loan but that’s about it. It seems to me it’s a designed bailout for big teams like Barca. and Barca is certainly using mechanisms not accessible to other, smaller tiered teams still summer too. Which as I’ve said, it’s good for them, but I wouldn’t exactly say they are good guys here.

It's a dumb rule because it just creates pushes the issue onto another club. You should either use the depth you have or dip into your youth. It's not Barca's fault, but it's a 100% dumb rule.
Right. Which is why we shouldn’t be “dunking” on Leganes. That got dealt a lousy hand, and now we see what they are doing because of it.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It’s called a transfer lol… no one said barca and leganes are playing on equal footing but the rule is clear and thus it isn’t stealing nor is it a loophole.

The rest of your post is drivel and not worth my time. You may need a hobby. You act as if your an authority on all matters it’s quite something.

Anyway good news from other stolen players.

Reactions: Gecklund

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I really don't care for whatever Barcelona is doing to get players in, but if you're honest with yourself you must find this comparison to be quite the stretch.

If you’re actually looking at the facts the comparison isn’t at all a stretch because it’s the exact same situation. Leganes brought in players this window just like we did and yet they can’t register them all. Same thing.

The day Leganes challenges for titles is the day people will care about their shady business practices. In the meantime, no one gives a f*** about what a minnow does.

Is it fair? No. But it is hypocrisy and you shouldn’t be surprised because this is the HFBoards Transfers thread, we’re talking about Barca and today’s date is 8/12/22.

Fixed that for you.

Maybe Leganes doesn’t have to do this if Barca don’t relegate them by stealing Braithwraite ?

:)

Yeah, I haven’t forgot that moronic take.

Right. Which is why we shouldn’t be “dunking” on Leganes. That got dealt a lousy hand, and now we see what they are doing because of it.

Oh wait, you were serious…

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
So I’m seeing that Lewandowski, Raphinha, Dembele, Sergi, Kessie and Christiansen are all registered. That leaves only Kounde who it sounds like will be registered next week. So, assuming that is the case, where are @Savant , @HoseEmDown , @Pavel Buchnevich and @Jussi ? Must not have a connection today.
Jussie is scouring twitter that promises Frenkie's transfer imminent.

Reactions: les Habs

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So I’m seeing that Lewandowski, Raphinha, Dembele, Sergi, Kessie and Christiansen are all registered. That leaves only Kounde who it sounds like will be registered next week. So, assuming that is the case, where are @Savant , @HoseEmDown , @Pavel Buchnevich and @Jussi ? Must not have a connection today.
I’m at Smackdown. Can’t speak for everyone else. I also said it would def get done and it was fair play to talk about until it was. Now it’s done. It’s all gravy.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

I work nights so I was sleeping all day. But congrats on being able to do what every other team in Europe was able to do as well, except they all didn't have to sell half their future income to do so.

It's their rights so if they want to sell them they're more than welcome. I just don't think the team is now close to being a champions league contender. I can see Lewandowski helping them challenge domestically as he should destroy the league but Real is still ahead. In Europe he has great pedigree as well but as a whole they are closer to a quarterfinals team and not a finals one. So I wouldn't have done the moves they did and mortgaged that much future. Let your young kids grow more and get your finances more in line and then sell the rights when the team is closer to complete.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad