Transfer: Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Are Miazga and Ampadu staying? Who's the backup RB going to be for Chelsea? Who starts at LCB? It looks like most of Chelsea's CBs are right footed.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Spurs are being pretty slow with their outgoings. Tanganga, Rodon, Reguilon, Winks, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sarr and Gil are pretty much guaranteed to not be in the squad this upcoming season. On top of that some academy players could use developing loans.

As for further incomings that news has kind of dried up. There's been rumours about attackers like Maddison, Zaniolo and Paqueta but by all accounts there is nothing in the works right now.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Are Miazga and Ampadu staying? Who's the backup RB going to be for Chelsea? Who starts at LCB? It looks like most of Chelsea's CBs are right footed.
Miazga is no doubt gone. Ampadu I'm not certain about. He'd be a good depth option at multiple positions, but (given that he starts for Wales) he's gonna wanna be match fresh going into December.

Koulibaly starts at LCB.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Miazga is no doubt gone. Ampadu I'm not certain about. He'd be a good depth option at multiple positions, but (given that he starts for Wales) he's gonna wanna be match fresh going into December.

Koulibaly starts at LCB.
So basic depth chart, assuming Miazga and Ampadu leave:
LB
Chilwell
Emerson
Colwill
LCB
Koulibaly
Colwill
CB
Silva
Koulibaly
Chalobah
Colwill
Sarr
James
RCB
Chalobah
James
Sarr
RB
James
CHO?

Seems to me that it would make sense to get another RB/RCB combo to support the depth chart, especially if you don't have a high opinion of Sarr. Colwill would still get plenty of minutes when resting Silva/Koulibaly.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Spurs are being pretty slow with their outgoings. Tanganga, Rodon, Reguilon, Winks, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sarr and Gil are pretty much guaranteed to not be in the squad this upcoming season. On top of that some academy players could use developing loans.

As for further incomings that news has kind of dried up. There's been rumours about attackers like Maddison, Zaniolo and Paqueta but by all accounts there is nothing in the works right now.
Pretty crazy how far his stock fell in a year. I mean who could've seen that coming? His next team (if its the right move should be happy)

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Pretty crazy how far his stock fell in a year. I mean who could've seen that coming? His next team (if its the right move should be happy)
Even if Conte isn't interested in him, I think the club are reluctant to sell him already. He'll probably get another loan.

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA

Need a buyer. You can't force players out, and if there's no one willing to pay for them then what are you to do? I am confident Reggy, Winks, N'dombele and Lo Celso will be sold, Tanganga, Sarr and Rodon hopefully get loans.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
To be fair, you haven't lost much either.
A lot of cover. Yarmolenko, Noble, Fredericks, maybe Diop...none of them were starters, but with the amount of fixtures (domestic and Europe) they were required pieces. The main reason form dipped last season was Moyes running the first XI into the ground with very little rotation. Minimum outgoings doesn't address that if you're not going to supplement, be it externally or internally.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Need a buyer. You can't force players out, and if there's no one willing to pay for them then what are you to do? I am confident Reggy, Winks, N'dombele and Lo Celso will be sold, Tanganga, Sarr and Rodon hopefully get loans.
Never said they should be forced out or anything. It all depends on the price you set if you want to sell players.

As for Ndombele I don't think it's possible he gets sold. Best they can do is loan him out and cover at least half of his wages.

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
Never said they should be forced out or anything. It all depends on the price you set if you want to sell players.

As for Ndombele I don't think it's possible he gets sold. Best they can do is loan him out and cover at least half of his wages.
I don't think we are being stingy, for once. I think we'll sell if we get a reasonable offer for any one of those guys. think the main issue is a lot of European clubs seem to be broke right now.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
He needs a loan move to an English team so he can learn and develop for us for the future. Someone like Brighton would be interesting.
I don't remotely trust prem managers to develop a prospect of ours with very little experience of English football. The only prospects that get developing loans within the league are british lads like Gallagher, Broja, Gilmour and Williams.

I'd prefer sending him back to Spain again and hope he breaks out.

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
I don't remotely trust prem managers to develop a prospect of ours with very little experience of English football. The only prospects that get developing loans within the league are british lads like Gallagher, Broja, Gilmour and Williams.

I'd prefer sending him back to Spain again and hope he breaks out.
I think Potter is an exception to that rule. He gives young players a chance I like the way Brighton play. I think Gil would fit in well with the attacking style Brighton employ. I just feel like giving him a loan to another Spanish club doesn't develop him for us to use. If the intention is to just sell him and make profit, then sure. But I'd hope we have more in mind.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
De Jong and the restless is still going on.... 😴

Imagine if Raiola was still alive and de Jong's agent...

Maybe he should focus on his coaching career. Not that anyone believes what he is saying is true... just to make sure I'll say it anyway. He's talking out of his ass. Goes well with their fans.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
So basic depth chart, assuming Miazga and Ampadu leave:
LB
Chilwell
Emerson
Colwill
LCB
Koulibaly
Colwill
CB
Silva
Koulibaly
Chalobah
Colwill
Sarr
James
RCB
Chalobah
James
Sarr
RB
James
CHO?

Seems to me that it would make sense to get another RB/RCB combo to support the depth chart, especially if you don't have a high opinion of Sarr. Colwill would still get plenty of minutes when resting Silva/Koulibaly.

Sarr played at least a season as a LB in Nice, and didn't he play at that position with Chelsea for a game or two last season as well,

I think you should count him in the LCB/LB depth chart (if he stays).

Reactions: luiginb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad