Transfer: Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part VI

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So basically the transfer stuff was negotiating leverage between him and Barca and United got played.
I don’t think United got played. From the beginning it was FDJ didn’t want to go to a non-UCL team. It was never an ideal spot for the player. There’s no evidence that FDJ ever wanted the move to happen so I wouldn’t say United got played. I’d say Chelsea was more played by Raphinha (for example) if anything.

This is also the first time I can think of Utd missing out on a high profile player because of them not having UCL

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

haha dicks for wasting two months trying to sign this guy. hahahahahahaa

I read he was sympathetic to the financial situation, but didn’t see any figures. Crazy if this is true. Also, this is similar to what I’ve been suggesting, but if true Frenkie went above and beyond.

I don’t think United got played. From the beginning it was FDJ didn’t want to go to a non-UCL team. It was never an ideal spot for the player. There’s no evidence that FDJ ever wanted the move to happen so I wouldn’t say United got played. I’d say Chelsea was more played by Raphinha (for example) if anything.

This is also the first time I can think of Utd missing out on a high profile player because of them not having UCL

Yeah, I don’t think Frenkie ever really entertained going to United and if that is the case it really sheds a light on a lot of the sources that for weeks said otherwise and were posted here.

Kind of sounds like De Jong is the one that got played, really. He wants to be at Barca so bad that despite them trying to shunt him out all summer he’ll just willingly leave £25M+ on the table? Crazy.

I agree it’s crazy, but I wouldn’t say he’s getting played because he had a choice. He simply doesn’t want to leave.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

Looked amazing in League One during the second part of last season. Here's to hoping he continues in that trajectory. Kane was in a similar situation at his age.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Arthur Theate to Rennes for 18M€.

It seems very strange to me, also because 18M is not enough. In any case it will be the 3rd or 4th choice since Rennes have missed both Kim and Igor. In my opinion, in the end Theate doesn't move, at least this year.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Chelsea is trying to hijack the Mukiele to PSG deal by including Werner in the transaction.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Gareth Bale signed with LAFC in the .... M... L... S? heh... I thought he was going to come home to Wales in the PL? But I do know he wants to be in top fitness for the World Cup... so this makes sense. (but what about signing on a club in wales? So he's in the MLS until possibly 2024?)
He was just about to retire if no WC on the table.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad