Transfer: Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part VI

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Did you see some Serie A team trying to sign Maupay. Any thoughts on that?
Yeah, I saw those rumors. I like Maupay, he has made himself into some sort of a legend here with the shenanigans he pulls. Mainly scoring against Palace and giving it to their fans afterward. He is extremely hot and cold though which can be risky to put all your faith in.

I think Brighton accepts an offer that is closer to the 20 million range. Most of the rumors I have seen have the price at 12-15.

Arsenal can line up in so many different ways with the depth we are adding. Last season we all knew the strongest 11, basically. The only debatable one was Martinelli or Smith Rowe on the left. This season you can’t say that.
Going to need all the depth we can get with the added games. We also saw what happened last year when people went down, that starting 11 became much weaker.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Yeah, I saw those rumors. I like Maupay, he has made himself into some sort of a legend here with the shenanigans he pulls. Mainly scoring against Palace and giving it to their fans afterward. He is extremely hot and cold though which can be risky to put all your faith in.

I think Brighton accepts an offer that is closer to the 20 million range. Most of the rumors I have seen have the price at 12-15.

Going to need all the depth we can get with the added games. We also saw what happened last year when people went down, that starting 11 became much weaker.
5 subs rule is active again from next season too. In 2020/21 we always made 2 or 3, despite having the option for 5. Is that Arteta’s management style or a result of him not liking the rotational options? Who knows. But we have at least two decent players for every role now (aside from lone 6 maybe).

Last edited:
Reactions: robertmac43

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
5 subs rule is active again from next season too. In 2020/21 we always made 2 or 3, despite having the option for 5. Is that Arteta’s management style or a result of him not liking the rotational options? Who knows. But we have at least two decent players for every role now (aside from line 6 maybe).
I don’t know if you can really blame any manager for not immediately going full on 5 subs every game. It was a very new system that no manager really know how to fully fit in tactically to their games.
United going full Dutch!

Do you think Antony will stay at Ajax?
I’d be very surprised if Antony moves this window.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
I mean if you are Cucurella, you can’t really say no to Man City to stay at Brighton. Can’t turn down a team like that. Brighton can “win” in this too because they get a large transfer fee that they can reinvest but it also helps their reputation as a team that if you succeed on, will help you get to the next step. Not like Brighton would get relegated without Cucerella either. Teams in that lower middle part of the table can help themselves out but having good management (Potter is great) and being known as player friendly. But being player friendly means you are going to lose guys to the big boys.

Agreed, but its really hard to keep moneyballing your way through every off-season and remaining competitive once the league starts. Finding those diamonds in the rough year after year after year is tough.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
United going full Dutch!

Do you think Antony will stay at Ajax?

There's been whispers about Dumfries all summer, but I've seen nothing from any of the big hitters about it.

Ajax are insistent on 80M euros for Anthony. They don't need to sell, and they've lost half their team this summer. Its basically a **** off price to United. Van der Saar facilitated the Martinez transfer, they're not going to be as accommodating for this one.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
If what I'm reading about the Kounde saga is true... Hilarious stuff. I mean if signing Kounde means Chelsea block us from signing Azpilicueta and Alonso then by all means sign Kounde.

Last edited:

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Tel to Bayern done for 20m fixed (agency and player are paying part of it somehow according to the reports)+ 8.5m in potential bonuses.

Will be interesting to see if the kid can make it. He seems to have a lot of talent but it won't be easy as a 17 year old to get game time. Especially considering that Nagelsmann really hasn't done a good job of "developing" the youth last year. And he is probably even under more pressure this season.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
maybe a loan out to Rennes
No he is going to join the Bayern squad in the next few days. He should train with the team on Tuesday. Bayern clearly want him now for the first team even though I have my doubts that he will see much time under Nagelsmann this season.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Tel to Bayern done for 20m fixed (agency and player are paying part of it somehow according to the reports)+ 8.5m in potential bonuses.

Will be interesting to see if the kid can make it. He seems to have a lot of talent but it won't be easy as a 17 year old to get game time. Especially considering that Nagelsmann really hasn't done a good job of "developing" the youth last year. And he is probably even under more pressure this season.
Actually the final price is 40M€.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Actually the final price is 40M€.
That report from earlier today has been disputed from what I have seen.

Its 20 + 8.5 with Tel and his agents chipping in a bit to make the move happen.

There are like 5 different sources reporting that. I think one of them from a guy from Le Parisien. Romano is saying the same thing as well.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

That is very credible.
Anyway, doesn't matter much, no matter what it's a huge amount of money for a player with 0 pro start.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

That is very credible.
Anyway, doesn't matter much, no matter what it's a huge amount of money for a player with 0 pro start.

Yeah but he is wrong considering that all German, French and other sources (like Romano) have said otherwise after the deal was done. He was one of if not the first that reported that it was getting close to being done, though.

But yeah. 20m + for a 17 guy with little pro experience that will face an incredible uphill battle for game time is certainly quite a bit.

That said. Usually you can sell these "wonderkids" for quite a bit even if they somewhat fail. Odds are Bayern can get atleast 10-15 m in 3 years for the 20 year old Tel from someone anyways so its not that bad I guess.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes he if fails someone will take a 10M chance most likely.
I'm very torn on this transfer. I think it's better for him to develop in Rennes who has one of the top academies in the world and a young exciting pro team where he'll slowly get minutes.
At the same time, he's one injury away from some serious playing time with all star players passsing him the ball on one of the biggest teams in the world.
Besides I have him in my keeper pool and his stock probably skyrocketed because the rating dumbasses didn't know him before.

Reactions: JoemAvs

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don’t know if you can really blame any manager for not immediately going full on 5 subs every game. It was a very new system that no manager really know how to fully fit in tactically to their games.

I’d be very surprised if Antony moves this window.

Eh, plenty of managers embraced it and were regularly using all of their subs.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
maybe a loan out to Rennes

No need if he's ready for senior football. He can get minutes at Bayern this season; in most matches there will 4 (if not 5) starting spots for: Mane, Sane, Gnabry, Coman, Müller, Musiala, Wanner, Tel, and Vidovic. With how many games they play, that's plenty of minutes to go around.

Assuming that Pavard, Richards, Sabitzer, & Zirkzee still get sold this summer:

Mane/Tel/Vidovic
Sane/Musiala - Müller/Wanner - Coman/Gnabry
Goretzka/Gravenberch - Kimmich/Laimer
Davies/??? - Lucas/Kouassi - Upa/de Ligt - Mazraoui/Stanisic
Neuer/Ulreich​

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad