Transfer: Summer Transfer News and Rumors Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
That's a bit of a reach by Atelti. The player didn't sign here until after the the clause was lowered. So, no they're not entitled to the 200M.
So that's a reach but Neymar waiting for his clause to kick in before he signed with PSG wasn't a reach?

Interesting double standard.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Is Atleti going to submit their Aleppo "I've been kidnapped" style video as evidence he was free to go way back in June? Cause I think we should all run that tape back and admire it.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Lol it's not like Arsenal are going to buy anyone to replace him, so this is misguided. Part of their plan of not spending money was to have Koscielny there, and they won't get a large fee for him, so they've been absolutely ****ed. They also have not yet signed any new player to be at their club next season even though they finished where they did. More alarming is that they have also not sold anyone. I'm not the biggest fan of what their competition is doing either (Spurs are absolutely no longer their competition), but United and Chelsea have been far more proactive.
Tottenham finished 1 point ahead of Arsenal. I guess Liverpool isn’t City’s competition either.

Reactions: AB13

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Tottenham had a poor run of form in final third of the season or so, but they’re miles abs tiers ahead of Arsenal right now.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Tottenham had a poor run of form in final third of the season or so, but they’re miles abs tiers ahead of Arsenal right now.

C’mon. Compare the rosters and managers without being weighted by a bias. It’s not even remotely close.

Come on, please stop. Arsenal have a better manager who actually has a record of winning, unlike Pocchetino, who has a legacy of constant losing and failiure to win any titles.

Arsenals academy and young talents are the best in England while Spurs have an underwhelming academy.

Leno > Lloris
Bellerin > Aurier and Trippier
Torriera and Xhaka> Winks and Sissoko
Lacazette and Auba are better than Spurs attack

Arsenal arguably are stronger on paper and have better depth. One point is a marginal difference. And if it was not for resting players for six months, Arsenal would likely have come third.

No player in their right mind would go to Tottenham, a team without any fans and with a history of constant losing and failiure to win titles.

Last edited:

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Come on, please stop. Arsenal have a better manager who actually has a record of winning, unlike Pocchetino, who has a legacy of constant losing and failiure to win any titles.

Arsenals academy and young talents are the best in England while Spurs have an underwhelming academy.

Leno > Lloris

Arsenal arguably are stronger on paper and have better depth. One point is a marginal difference. And if it was not for resting players for six mongos, Arsenal would likely have come third.

No player in their right mind would go to Tottenham, a team without any fans and with a history of constant losing and failiure to win titles.
Listen I’m not a fan of either team. I’m sure that very quickly most people on these forums have learned that you’re opinions on anything Swedish or anything Arsenal are based on nothing more than an emotional and bond and no logic at all. In less than a month you’ve shown your weakness to personal bias so hard that I don’t think even one person values whatever your opinion is on anything Swedish or anything Gooner.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Well obviously.

I'm not saying they're going to prevail or that it did happen, I'm saying that's their argument.

Sorry, I should have elaborated a bit more on with my sentence.

Obviously, your theory is most likely the route Atletico will take. It's just going to be one heck of a stretch to prove it.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I wouldn't call Tottenham "miles ahead" when they couldn't beat Arsenal last year and only finished 1 point ahead.

A fluke CL final appearance doesn't all of a sudden catapult them to Man City/Liverpool level.

Reactions: S E P H

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Arsenal arguably are stronger on paper and have better depth. One point is a marginal difference. And if it was not for resting players for six mongos, Arsenal would likely have come third.

Actually if they didn't draw Brighton they have come third :p

Edit: I also support Arsenal so it was weird day of emotions when that happened...

Reactions: AB13

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
C’mon. Compare the rosters and managers without being weighted by a bias. It’s not even remotely close.
Say that all you want, and I don't necessarily disagree. They still finished one point ahead.
Nope but they did...and that's without their star man.
Then we can't really say anything about how neither of us would have predicted Arsenal to make the CL final. It's irrelevant because they didn't get the chance. Do I think Arsenal would have? Nope. Did I think Tottenham would have? Also no. One got the chance, the other didn't. They both got just as far as the other in the European tournament they were in. They both got just as far in the FA Cup. Tottenham got a little further in the League Cup, but like who cares. It's one point in the league.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Leno > Lloris

I agree. Honestly, City better look out because arsenal is gonna mount a serious title challenge this year.

Reactions: Juve
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln