Transfer: Summer Transfer News and Rumors Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Spoke with Griezmann without permission and agreed to buy him when his clause went down.
Oh that they did. Given the nonsense he pulled last year, it makes sense they did.

You backed Barca when they blocked his clause because you said it was obvious PSG tapped him up before his clause date.

How's that the same thing? Atleti want an extra 80 million, because they feel the agreement was done prior to the release clause. No bid was put forth until after it went down...and it wasn't a certainty that that Greiz was ending up in Barcelona. Hell there many rumours Barca didn't want him because of last years crap.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
People judge teams based on paper but when it comes to actual results they ignore it because they're too biased and go full ****** to try and justify that bias.

FACTS:
Arsenal finished 1 point behind Spurs.
Spurs couldn't beat Arsenal last year. *My mistake I completely forgot about the league cup.*
Spurs got a lucky CL final appearance.

Does this make Spurs MILES ahead of Arsenal? No.

Are Spurs trending up while Arsenal are trending down? Yes.

Have Spurs won anything recently? No. Had to add that in there. :D

Agree besides the statement that Spurs are trending up. They have been weaker and weaker as time went on for 2 seasons and the point totals shows how far they have regressed.

Jul 7, 2009
David Sanchez is saying Atletico have documents that confirm a contract was signed between Barca and Griez on March 9'th.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Well to be fair other posters basically use the same argument when stating Spurs are MILES ahead of Arsenal. Because points wise doesn't support it.
I think the last couple of years show that Spurs are clearly better than Arsenal right now, and the jury is still out on Emery while Poch has been pretty consistent so far, and seems to now be finding his foothold in Europe (though that could easily have been a one off).

I don't agree with 'miles ahead' as I think Spurs are a bit overrated on here, but overall they're certainly better right now unless Arsenal take a decent step forward; one point doesn't really reflect their difference IMO.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I would agree that the difference between Spurs and Arsenal is really not much at the moment and that they are trending in opposite directions.

The one thing that worries me about Spurs is if they continue making decent moves and spend money as they are now they may grow that gap rather quickly. They are no longer a tier below Arsenal in influence they have the new stadium and the CL draw. Arsenal have the EL draw and a small amount of fees to work with at the moment.

I trust Unai to make some decent moves and go a step forward this year, but I could see Spurs taking another step as well, which I hate to say.

Reactions: S E P H

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
How's that the same thing? Atleti want an extra 80 million, because they feel the agreement was done prior to the release clause. No bid was put forth until after it went down...and it wasn't a certainty that that Greiz was ending up in Barcelona. Hell there many rumours Barca didn't want him because of last years crap.
How is it NOT the same thing?
Team refusing to pay/demanding more money because of player being tapped up before contract date.
Amount might not be the same, principle is.
Yet in one instance you felt it was right, in the other not.
Hypocrisy called, that's it.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
David Sanchez is saying Atletico have documents that confirm a contract was signed between Barca and Griez on March 9'th.

tenor.gif

Reactions: The Abusement Park

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Being biased does not mean I am wrong, I mean you have not used a single argument to prove me wrong.
Most people have a bit of bias thst can be detected in their posts, but most can stay away from purely delusional posts.

Just understand that when you post here about anything Sweden or Arsenal, not one person who has read you’re posts on those subjects puts any value in your opinion. You’ve earned that reputation for yourself in like a month.

And for any of the guys here who find these takes on Arsenal funny and follow hockey, if you want a real laugh just check out a couple pages of this guys post history on the hockey side.

Reactions: gary69

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Simon Stone: Belgium forward Romelu Lukaku looks increasingly likely to be staying at Manchester United.
It had been expected Inter Milan would try and sign Lukaku. However, there has been no bid tabled so far. Even if one were to be, United would want in excess of the £75m they paid Everton for him two years ago....the club would not allow the second most expensive player in their history to leave without making a profit.

United and Inter are €13.5m apart in their valuation of Romelu Lukaku. #mufc [Fabrizo Romano]

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
People judge teams based on paper but when it comes to actual results they ignore it because they're too biased and go full ****** to try and justify that bias.

FACTS:
Arsenal finished 1 point behind Spurs.

Correct, with a lot of Spurs best players missing a massive amount of games. They were near the top of the table until that all happened.

Spurs couldn't beat Arsenal last year. *My mistake I completely forgot about the league cup.*

Doesn't matter

Spurs got a lucky CL final appearance.

They won the games. There's no luck to it.

Does this make Spurs MILES ahead of Arsenal? No.

The things you mentioned do not. The things that do make them miles ahead are:

Owner who spends money on great players.
Better manager.
Better squad with far more quality and depth.

Just look at how Arsenal fans and Spurs fans think about their own players in the aftermath of a loss and you'll find the answer you're looking for.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Correct, with a lot of Spurs best players missing a massive amount of games. They were near the top of the table until that all happened.

Doesn't matter

They won the games. There's no luck to it.

The things you mentioned do not. The things that do make them miles ahead are:

Owner who spends money on great players.
Better manager.
Better squad with far more quality and depth.

Just look at how Arsenal fans and Spurs fans think about their own players in the aftermath of a loss and you'll find the answer you're looking for.

As if Arsenal didn't have any injuries.

Of course it matters. When you say Team A is MILES better than Team B then results between the two need to be taken into account.

They advanced in the quarters and semis due to away goals. Lucking out in the final minutes for both.

They've only made 1 signing so far. And their history of big money purchases haven't been great.

Better manager that has won nothing?

Like I said before you don't know what you're talking about and when I was talking about posters going full Pejorative Slur you're one of them when it comes to Arsenal.

You don't even see any Spurs fans here claiming that their team is way ahead of Arsenal.

Reactions: AB13

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
So weird seeing so many Arsenal fans who are over the top positive about their team after the last few years. Is this common?

Where do you see the over the top positives besides one fan?

I'm just disputing that there's a significant gap between Spurs and Arsenal.

Reactions: AB13

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Juventus have bought Cristian Romero from Genoa for 26M and immediately loaned him ba k out to Genoa.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
As if Arsenal didn't have any injuries.

Of course it matters. When you say Team A is MILES better than Team B then results between the two need to be taken into account.

They advanced in the quarters and semis due to away goals. Lucking out in the final minutes for both.

They've only made 1 signing so far. And their history of big money purchases haven't been great.

Better manager that has won nothing?

Like I said before you don't know what you're talking about and when I was talking about posters going full ****** you're one of them when it comes to Arsenal.

You don't even see any Spurs fans here claiming that their team is way ahead of Arsenal.

The homer who got banned before is telling me about going full something? Look, the only fluke here is Tottenham having all those players get hurt and dropping all those points at the end of the season. The players that got hurt are also not particularly injury prone, they also had one of their best players go play in a cup twice during last season.

They also signed a player better than anyone currently at your club and had another one or two who are too.

You aren’t seeing many Tottenham fans saying anything because in truth there aren’t very many of them to begin with. They do have a better manager and we could make a poll about it if you want, but you also said a few months ago that Emery was similar to Klopp. In fact I think you outright said you thought Emery was a better manager because he’d won some second rate trophies. I’m not sure I should take you that seriously.

I don’t particularly care for Tottenham but this isn’t an argument many people are interested in having because it’s rather ridiculous to suggest that Arsenal are currently similar. Most people would choose not to pile on and say the same things everyone else did.

Reactions: Gambar

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
So weird seeing so many Arsenal fans who are over the top positive about their team after the last few years. Is this common?

It's quite psychotic because this reaction only exists when other people are talking about their team. After the Europa League final they were agreeing with basically everything that's been said so far, but two months have passed while they've done nothing and their rival signed a world class midfielder, and now the teams are the same? It's very Evertonian of them and it's strange because Arsenal supporters used to be the most rational I knew of.

Look at the reaction from both sets of supporters after their respective European finals and tell me that those teams are of similar quality. One group was crying about their team having no quality or money and the other took stock of the future, the manager they have guiding them to a game of that importance, and how the team as currently structured could improve.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
The homer who got banned before is telling me about going full something? Look, the only fluke here is Tottenham having all those players get hurt and dropping all those points at the end of the season. The players that got hurt are also not particularly injury prone, they also had one of their best players go play in a cup twice during last season.

They also signed a player better than anyone currently at your club and had another one or two who are too.

You aren’t seeing many Tottenham fans saying anything because in truth there aren’t very many of them to begin with. They do have a better manager and we could make a poll about it if you want, but you also said a few months ago that Emery was similar to Klopp. In fact I think you outright said you thought Emery was a better manager. I’m not sure I should take you that seriously.

I don’t particularly care for Tottenham but this isn’t an argument many people are interested in having because it’s rather ridiculous to suggest that Arsenal are currently similar. Most people would choose not to pile on and say the same things everyone else did.

I did say he was better. But I've changed my stance because results have changed. Unlike you I can change opinions based on facts.

And you don't particularly care about making these arguments but all you do is try to exaggerate how bad Arsenal are to the point that all you post in a transfer thread is either some comment about how Arsenal sucks compared to another team or fake news about Arsenal players wanting to leave.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
It's quite psychotic because this reaction only exists when other people are talking about their team. After the Europa League final they were agreeing with basically everything that's been said so far, but two months have passed while they've done nothing and their rival signed a world class midfielder, and now the teams are the same? It's very Evertonian of them and it's strange because Arsenal supporters used to be the most rational I knew of.

Look at the reaction from both sets of supporters after their respective European finals and tell me that those teams are of similar quality. One group was crying about their team having no quality or money and the other took stock of the future, the manager they have guiding them to a game of that importance, and how the team as currently structured could improve.

Oh you don't have to tell me lol. I'm just sitting here like what the hell? I think most Arsenal fans are totally displeased with the situation they're currently in, especially because of the rise of Tottenham. But we have like three on here who are all gung-ho.

They're probably a fringe top 6 team. This is Arsenal?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I did say he was better. But I've changed my stance because results have changed. Unlike you I can change opinions based on facts.

I can change opinions based on facts. Like, for example, being presented with the reality of how Tottenham dropped points at the end of the season with those players missing. Or, for example, not believing that a team should spend a lot of money on a goalkeeper and being absolutely proven wrong beyond doubt.

And you don't particularly care about making these arguments but all you do is try to exaggerate how bad Arsenal are to the point that all you post in a transfer thread is either some comment about how Arsenal sucks compared to another team or fake news about Arsenal players wanting to leave.

Would you like to actually compare every player on both teams? It would take a long time but it wouldn't look so good. You'll have to point out what fake news I've posted though. The only time I post about Arsenal is when people are posting ridiculous nonsense, I think they'll finish fifth should they make the improvements they're rumored to make. That's hardly bad, but I do expect a rather significant points gap between Tottenham and Arsenal.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Would you like to actually compare every player on both teams? It would take a long time but it wouldn't look so good. You'll have to point out what fake news I've posted though. The only time I post about Arsenal is when people are posting ridiculous nonsense, I think they'll finish fifth should they make the improvements they're rumored to make. That's hardly bad, but I do expect a rather significant points gap between Tottenham and Arsenal.

I thought AB already did that :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
As for the Lukaku thing while I'm reading it, I think it's pretty unrealistic to sell him at a profit and I would let him leave. The only thing is actually signing another #9 could prove difficult in the current market because there aren't very many great ones, and most of the good ones are already at other big clubs that won't sell so easily. When it comes to "who should they sign" I can't come up with a good answer. Maybe Dybala, which would suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->