Transfer: Summer Transfer News and Rumors Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Come on, please stop. Arsenal have a better manager who actually has a record of winning, unlike Pocchetino, who has a legacy of constant losing and failiure to win any titles.

Arsenals academy and young talents are the best in England while Spurs have an underwhelming academy.

Leno > Lloris
Bellerin > Aurier and Trippier
Torriera and Xhaka> Winks and Sissoko
Lacazette and Auba are better than Spurs attack

Arsenal arguably are stronger on paper and have better depth. One point is a marginal difference. And if it was not for resting players for six mongos, Arsenal would likely have come third.

No player in their right mind would go to Tottenham, a team without any fans and with a history of constant losing and failiure to win titles.

Damn

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It will be very difficult for Atletico to prove it, but I don't think anyone doubts that Barca did it.
They waited until the clause was 120. Any other team was open to swoop and sign him for 150-200 or whatever Atleti wanted. It didn't happen so bad luck for them. They have no legal argument whatsoever
It's not really bad luck if Griezmann already agreed to go to Barcelona, but just waited for his clause to come down, and Barcelona had knowledge of this.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It will be very difficult for Atletico to prove it, but I don't think anyone doubts that Barca did it.

It's not really bad luck if Griezmann already agreed to go to Barcelona, but just waited for his clause to come down, and Barcelona had knowledge of this.
Did what exactly?

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Come on, please stop. Arsenal have a better manager who actually has a record of winning, unlike Pocchetino, who has a legacy of constant losing and failiure to win any titles.

Arsenals academy and young talents are the best in England while Spurs have an underwhelming academy.

Leno > Lloris
Bellerin > Aurier and Trippier
Torriera and Xhaka> Winks and Sissoko
Lacazette and Auba are better than Spurs attack

Arsenal arguably are stronger on paper and have better depth. One point is a marginal difference. And if it was not for resting players for six mongos, Arsenal would likely have come third.

No player in their right mind would go to Tottenham, a team without any fans and with a history of constant losing and failiure to win titles.
I've missed you and your entertainment, buddy.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Say that all you want, and I don't necessarily disagree. They still finished one point ahead.

Then we can't really say anything about how neither of us would have predicted Arsenal to make the CL final. It's irrelevant because they didn't get the chance. Do I think Arsenal would have? Nope. Did I think Tottenham would have? Also no. One got the chance, the other didn't. They both got just as far as the other in the European tournament they were in. They both got just as far in the FA Cup. Tottenham got a little further in the League Cup, but like who cares. It's one point in the league.
One got a chance and did... you’ll see next year the gap isn’t a one off.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Can we try keping this in the PL thread?

No, this is actually quite entertaining.

giphy.gif

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Listen I’m not a fan of either team. I’m sure that very quickly most people on these forums have learned that you’re opinions on anything Swedish or anything Arsenal are based on nothing more than an emotional and bond and no logic at all. In less than a month you’ve shown your weakness to personal bias so hard that I don’t think even one person values whatever your opinion is on anything Swedish or anything Gooner.
Being biased does not mean I am wrong, I mean you have not used a single argument to prove me wrong.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
De Ligt to Juve done. Though either team has yet to come out with an official statement.

Ajax and De Ligt apparently had an unofficial agreement in place in which Ajax would have to agree on bids starting at 50M. This pact was made last summer, when De Ligt was already considering a move abroad. This agreement would make sure he'd stay another season and would allow him to leave pretty easily this summer. This whole pact was never written on paper, but Raiola and Juve still used it as leverage to lower Ajax' demands. It was rumored that De Ligt and Raiola would go to arbitration if Overmars would hold out for millions more. The reported fee, including bonuses is rumored to be around 75M. That's 25M more than the aforementioned pact, but 25M short of his market value.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
If you consider everybody biased it's probably not them that's the issue.

I only consider you and the french guy to be the biased ones. You actually compared Maitland Niles to Walker Peters and Troy Parrot to Folarin Balogun ( who is like Arsenals 6th best prospect but still far ahead), which is an absolute joke

Last edited:

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
People judge teams based on paper but when it comes to actual results they ignore it because they're too biased and go full Pejorative Slur to try and justify that bias.

FACTS:
Arsenal finished 1 point behind Spurs.
Spurs couldn't beat Arsenal last year. *My mistake I completely forgot about the league cup.*
Spurs got a lucky CL final appearance.

Does this make Spurs MILES ahead of Arsenal? No.

Are Spurs trending up while Arsenal are trending down? Yes.

Have Spurs won anything recently? No. Had to add that in there. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: robertmac43

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
In this case it does. And bias usually makes people see things that aren’t reality.

Excactly my point. If spurs finishing one point over and injury riddled Arsenal makes you see a large difference something is not fully right

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Excactly my point. If spurs finishing one point over and injury riddled Arsenal makes you see a large difference something is not fully right

I mean is the difference between them monumental? No. But spurs are clearly the better team at this exact moments

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
How would one 'prove' you wrong if they were to say 'player x is better than player y'?

Well to be fair other posters basically use the same argument when stating Spurs are MILES ahead of Arsenal. Because points wise doesn't support it.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I mean is the difference between them monumental? No. But spurs are clearly the better team at this exact moments

Clearly is the wrong to describe a difference of one point, especially when one team had injuries to their two best defenders for most of the season and rested players for half a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad