Transfer: Summer Transfer News and Rumors Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
https://www.espn.co.uk/football/clu...l-director-and-why-it-matters-to-their-future

Executives across Europe have been consulted, and experienced sporting directors like Andrea Berta, at Atletico Madrid, and Monchi, at Sevilla, have been considered. However, the fact that Monchi, considered one of the best sporting directors in the world, left Roma during United's search suggests Woodward is keen to go in his own direction. He is keen to install someone who fits the culture at Old Trafford, nurturing young players to fit a style of football that is built around pace and incision.

Woodward has met with Rio Ferdinand, feeling that the former United defender is well placed to relate to players and potential new signings. Woodward believes that Ferdinand understands modern footballers and can sell the club's philosophy to potential signings or squad members. He could be handy, for example, in convincing Paul Pogba and De Gea -- both unsettled -- that United can match their ambition.

Last edited:
Reactions: Il Mediano

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Favre is refusing to have a bigger striker in the squad. He sold off Isak for cheap, and now rumors are saying he's against us signing a striker.

Koscielny was the latest rumor today. We have no need for him. They are trying to bring in another CB, and we need a CF. How many CB's does he need?

There's interest from Wolfsburg and Leipzig to sign Philipp, who Favre had no use for. Philipp is best used as a CF, but Favre thought he was a CAM. Bild thinks we could get 20M for him. We also have interest in signing Dani Olmo, according to Bild, but they note we already have too many players at his position. They think that Leverkusen is a more likely team to sign Olmo.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yes please, get rid of Kos. I think he's the guy who's most likely to stay, but get rid of anything that is touched and causes Wengeritis.

Arsenal are in advanced talks for William Saliba. La Sport says United also very interested in him, but sounds like we're leading the race. St. Etienne want 29 million pounds and that's a bit absurd for an 18 year old. Negotiations are still ongoing for both sides.

Callum Chambers could be on the way out as well, his fee would help Arsenal get Saliba if that were to be the case. Lazio interested in Chambers and Arsenal are prepared to sell him around 12 to 14 million pounds (which would be a loss since we bought him for 16 million...thanks Ivan/Wenger).

La Equipe mentioning Arsenal approached Jordan Veretout....what?

Los merengues

Mar 24, 2019
I am not surprised I first heard it on Paradise PD.

Icardi is not any worse than most other players. She is the problem.

Icardi is a total POS, most players dont come close to him when it comes to off the field behaviour.

Conte and him won't match at all. Conte probably told The board to ship him off first thing when he arrived.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes please, get rid of Kos. I think he's the guy who's most likely to stay, but get rid of anything that is touched and causes Wengeritis.

Arsenal are in advanced talks for William Saliba. La Sport says United also very interested in him, but sounds like we're leading the race. St. Etienne want 29 million pounds and that's a bit absurd for an 18 year old. Negotiations are still ongoing for both sides.

Callum Chambers could be on the way out as well, his fee would help Arsenal get Saliba if that were to be the case. Lazio interested in Chambers and Arsenal are prepared to sell him around 12 to 14 million pounds (which would be a loss since we bought him for 16 million...thanks Ivan/Wenger).

La Equipe mentioning Arsenal approached Jordan Veretout....what?
Why absurd?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
According to Sky Sports Paratici was at the United London headquarters to facilitate a deal for Pogba. Rumors that Cancelo could be part of that deal.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
According to Sky Sports Paratici was at the United London headquarters to facilitate a deal for Pogba. Rumors that Cancelo could be part of that deal.

Would be an interesting deal. From what I've seen United values Pogba at something like 150m, so you'd figure it would be something like 90-100m + Cancelo is what United would ask for.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Juventus could be pretty stacked and have a great manager next season with the addition of Pogba and Sarri. A midfield of Pogba, Bentancur and Pjanic is pretty sweet, and it won't even be as tough for Sarri to adjust despite the playstyle difference currently because even though Allegri had them playing **** football they actually have the players to play Sarriball (Pjanic is like a better Jorginho). Something like...

Ronaldo - Dybala - Bernardeschi
Pogba - Bentancur
Pjanic
Sandro - ????? - ????? - ?????
Szczesny​

I really like that line-up actually, though if they move Cancelo it would be kind of weird as that leaves a hole over there (de Sciglio by default?), and I'm not sure how their CB situation will look...I assume Bonucci - Rugani would emerge as Sarri's preferred but hard to bench someone like Chiellini.

Reactions: Juve

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This club can't be serious if they pay this. Boateng can be had for 15M. Bild is also reporting that Reus wants more incoming transfers to the club. I don't think he's asking for a 6th CB.

Reactions: Il Mediano

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Is Lampard worth Derby's 4 million pound asking price?

Hard to say with a manager. He did great things with Derby and was a hair away from seeing them promoted, but he's got 1 year of managerial experience.

That said, it's 4 mil which is pocket change to a club like Chelsea, so I doubt it'll remotely stand in their way.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Would be an interesting deal. From what I've seen United values Pogba at something like 150m, so you'd figure it would be something like 90-100m + Cancelo is what United would ask for.

I mean if Pogba wants to leave I definitely don’t want to keep him here against his will, cuz I’m sure it will affect his play. Plus we’d get a good chunk of change to help rebuild and get a top tier RB which fills one of our biggest holes in the squad.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I mean if Pogba wants to leave I definitely don’t want to keep him here against his will, cuz I’m sure it will affect his play. Plus we’d get a good chunk of change to help rebuild and get a top tier RB which fills one of our biggest holes in the squad.

Yea. I'd obviously love to keep him is he's motivated, but an unmotivated/unsettled Pogba is not a guy I want around. Cancelo is definitely a good option as a return, not just for RB but he can also move forward a little if needed.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Moussa Diaby to Leverkusen for 15M€ is official. 20% reselling (not on profit, but on full reselling) to PSG pocket as well in case he explodes in Germany.
I hope the kid breaks out, he has a great attitude.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Why absurd?
Again 30 million for an 18 year old just seems wack for a player not named de Ligt, Messi, or Ronaldo. Saliba is damn good and will be a good get for us to help for our CB woes in the future. If he was 20 years old and showed some good progression then I have no problem paying 30 million, but there is still a lot that can plateau in his case and a wasted 30 million is like 90% of our transfer money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad