Transfer: Summer Transfer News and Rumors Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Curious to see the what the option to buy is worth, every article just says he's going on loan but isn't specifying the amount. Good for him to get playing time and good for Arsenal to get him off the wage bills. I wish him all the success in the world and he's much better than what he showed at the Arsenal, but not too sad to see him leave because I don't think he did enough to get that status from me IMHO.
Yeah unfortunate circumstances really; mix of the turnaround with 3 managers and lingering health issues. I hope he gets a good run of games and gets back in form though!

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I do have to think that Brewster and his people are the ones pushing for some of this more so than a loan. I think he wants to try and settle and improve. Makes a ton of sense for the kid. He needs to play 25-30 matches this season.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
It’s very annoying that he’s so good at brining money into the club because that will keep him from being fired because the glazers love $$$. But it’s genuinely impressive how bad he is on the footballing side of things.

It's reminding a lot of how the Mets were run lately. Its all about how the money is spent. Everything is reactionary.

There isn't a long term plan or identity. It's make top 4, cruise. Miss top 4, frantically spend. It's a slingshot of activity. Results in wasteful spending and bad buys.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
It's reminding a lot of how the Mets were run lately. Its all about how the money is spent. Everything is reactionary.

There isn't a long term plan or identity. It's make top 4, cruise. Miss top 4, frantically spend. It's a slingshot of activity. Results in wasteful spending and bad buys.
And Ole will get fired because the team has no depth. It’s comical.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
And Ole will get fired because the team has no depth. It’s comical.

I both feel for him and do not feel he's the solution long term. I don't think he's guiding even a super team to winning the league. But he deserves better support.

But as I posted last week - his tenure will be positive. The moves he made and dead weight he cleared is all good.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I both feel for him and do not feel he's the solution long term. I don't think he's guiding even a super team to winning the league. But he deserves better support.

But as I posted last week - his tenure will be positive. The moves he made and dead weight he cleared is all good.
Yup. I don’t think he’s the one. But he’s done a lot of good while he’s been here but won’t get any backing after having a pretty solid season. He wanted 3 players (LB, CB,RW) and will get none. Just doesn’t make sense to not back him at all really.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Didn't they buy Janssen and Llorente in back to back summers? Recently?

I think this need for a pure forward is exaggerated, but I don't mind having one.

Kane, CV, Son, Bale, Bergwijn, Lamela, Lucas, Alli and arguably Lo Celso depending on where he plays. 3 of those won't even be in the match day squad on a regular basis. A bit too much to be honest. Just not possible to perform if you are called upon once a month at best.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Would like to see more than that, but wouldn't need a lot more if the money were going towards a good buy.

It's fun when players do exactly what I described a couple of days ago.

Fun. And sad.

Saying he wanted to go back to Ajax?

I would MUCH prefer that over the constant dick measuring contests in each thread on this forum.

I think people need to close their Twitter accounts and pull their diapers up.

Potentially a very good move for Villarreal all things considered.

Don't know if already mentioned, but the Cuisance from Bayern to Leeds transfer won't hppen. The player didn't pass the medical.

How do you not pass a medical if you're not injured?

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
How do you not pass a medical if you're not injured?
because even though hes not injured now, there might be something structurally (ligament, tendon, etc) that does not look good going forward and thats not something you want to risk when spending a transfer fee and giving out a contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille