Transfer: Summer Transfer News and Rumors Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
  • Semedo to Wolves for 30 + 10 from what I saw. Not sure on what the variables are though.
  • Suarez to Atleti for 4 million in variables. 2 million each season for the next 2 seasons if Atleti make the CL QFs.
  • Fulham offer for Todibo as was posted, but apparently he's got his mind set on playing somewhere else. We'll have to see how that develops. I still wouldn't even remotely think about selling him. Selling him and then putting that money in an Eric Garcia would be a really stupid move.
  • PSV have apparently approached Barça for Pedri on loan.
  • Dest rumor is indeed 20 + 5, but the other apparent news of note is he'd prefer Barça over Bayern.
  • If United want to start at 120 million and try bid down from there for Dembele they're more than welcome.
  • Barça have apparently loaned out Monchu to Girona. If he plays 22 matches Girona have a mandatory buy option for 3.5 million and Barça won't have a buyback clause. :facepalm:
  • Barça have sold Cuenca to Villarreal. Deal is 2.5 million + 4 in variables, buyback option and 20% sell-on clause. So a buyback for Cuenca but not Monchu... :facepalm:
  • A Basque source saying that Barça are considering Willian Jose for 30 million if they don't sign Depay or Martinez. Another day another shitty rumor.
As for the rest of what I've seen/read (here):
  • Two CL clubs interested in Aouar? I'll give y'all two guesses.
  • United should be all over Skriniar. Ajer too.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
  • Semedo to Wolves for 30 + 10 from what I saw. Not sure on what the variables are though.
  • Suarez to Atleti for 4 million in variables. 2 million each season for the next 2 seasons if Atleti make the CL QFs.
  • Fulham offer for Todibo as was posted, but apparently he's got his mind set on playing somewhere else. We'll have to see how that develops. I still wouldn't even remotely think about selling him. Selling him and then putting that money in an Eric Garcia would be a really stupid move.
  • PSV have apparently approached Barça for Pedri on loan.
  • Dest rumor is indeed 20 + 5, but the other apparent news of note is he'd prefer Barça over Bayern.
  • If United want to start at 120 million and try bid down from there for Dembele they're more than welcome.
  • Barça have apparently loaned out Monchu to Girona. If he plays 22 matches Girona have a mandatory buy option for 3.5 million and Barça won't have a buyback clause. :facepalm:
  • Barça have sold Cuenca to Villarreal. Deal is 2.5 million + 4 in variables, buyback option and 20% sell-on clause. So a buyback for Cuenca but not Monchu... :facepalm:
  • A Basque source saying that Barça are considering Willian Jose for 30 million if they don't sign Depay or Martinez. Another day another shitty rumor.
The face palms are on point... but do you not rate Garcia?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
The face palms are on point... but do you not rate Garcia?

I've not seen enough of him to really say. From what I have seen I thought he looked better than expected and I saw things I liked. That being said I wouldn't swap him for Todibo (in the sense that the fees are the same) and even if I would I'd want to see how this season plays out. See how Todibo does in our team and wait to get Garcia for free next Summer.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

They should be. And Inter inquired about Smalling. They should be offering Smalling plus cash. Not going to hold my breath though.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Wow.... :amazed:
Cagliari just signed the two Tramoni brothers from Ajaccio.
Might not seem like much, but it is majors news in the prospects column.
Matteo is a decent player, but Lisandru is hyped as a huge prospect. PSG almost signed him a year ago.
Cagliari managed to sign him probably by signing his brother as well.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Does anyone feel Aouar is not the player Arsenal needs? I feel he is a great player and is an improvement to their midfield, but I feel stylistically they can use more of a destroyer or scoring mid. I’m not sure.

Reactions: AB13

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Does anyone feel Aouar is not the player Arsenal needs? I feel he is a great player and is an improvement to their midfield, but I feel stylistically they can use more of a destroyer or scoring mid. I’m not sure.
He is one of the players we need. We lack a playmaker that can link the different faces of the game. Plus he fits well in a 4-3-3 what Arteta eventually wants to use. I would argue an out and out DM is a more important position to buy at the moment. We have players that can play the style of Aouar, but we lack a consistent ball winner and disrupter in the midfield.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
He is one of the players we need. We lack a playmaker that can link the different faces of the game. Plus he fits well in a 4-3-3 what Arteta eventually wants to use. I would argue an out and out DM is a more important position to buy at the moment. We have players that can play the style of Aouar, but we lack a consistent ball winner and disrupter in the midfield.
Aouar is a decent player but we need more like a Bruno Fernándes type production. If we are selling half the team to spending 60m-70m, I would like a potential game changer.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Aouar is a decent player but we need more like a Bruno Fernándes type production. If we are selling half the team to spending 60m-70m, I would like a potential game changer.
At 22 you hope Aouar can become more of a game changer as he enters his prime. Fernandez is 26 and Man United want results now. Arteta is building something here, it's going to be a longer project, hence the age of most of our signings under him.

Reactions: Cassano

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
At 22 you hope Aouar can become more of a game changer as he enters his prime. Fernandez is 26 and Man United want results now. Arteta is building something here, it's going to be a longer project, hence the age of most of our signings under him.
Even then, I’d prefer Dominik Szoboszlai and Boubakary Soumaré together as I feel they fit more of a profile for the team.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Even then, I’d prefer Dominik Szoboszlai and Boubakary Soumaré together as I feel they fit more of a profile for the team.
I would love Szoboszlai but he's almost too far the other way. Aouar has room to grow and can be counted on to help the club now. Szoboszlai will likely be a stud (already is to an extent) but is less proven.

Really we should just sign them both ;)

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I'd take Aouar above either of them, and probably over both too.
Aouar breaks lines, he dribbles through anyone, he can score, pass.
He's a game changer. He's very comparable to Bruno Fernandes in fact, except much younger.
His only drawback really is that he can be a bit nonchalant and not dominate every game like the very few best do. He has the quality to dominate like a KDB, but so far not the mental strength.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
His only drawback really is that he can be a bit nonchalant and not dominate every game like the very few best do. He has the quality to dominate like a KDB, but so far not the mental strength.
Arsenal fans will love this.... :laugh:

Reactions: Cassano

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Le Parisien states PSG has never made an offer for Koulibaly, it's Naples trying to drive up the price from City.

OTOH, PSG is close to loaning Bakayoko with option to buy. Bakayoko is a childhood PSG fan and best buddy with Mbappe.
He'd be a perfect signing really. Cheap, if he shines well enough you get an option, and he fits the role PSG wants in the middle (physical who can pass and break lines).

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Meanwhile Lyon is close to dumping Andersen to Torino and are trying to sign Simakan from Starsbourg (20M€), but Rennes is also after him if they can't get Todibo.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Some super fantastic news here. Amourricho van Axel Dongen has refused Chelsea and decided to stay with Ajax, signed until 2023.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

This is a mistake. IMO He’s their best defender besides Silva.

I think that Tomori is better personally; I also thought that Zouma was kind of coming on and is probably just as good with more upside.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think that Tomori is better personally; I also thought that Zouma was kind of coming on and is probably just as good with more upside.
Zouma is the only centerback on that team that can win headers so they kind of have to keep him. Rudiger is definitely better though. Will be interesting to see where he goes.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Zouma is the only centerback on that team that can win headers so they kind of have to keep him. Rudiger is definitely better though. Will be interesting to see where he goes.
If Rudiger were 'definitely better' I highly doubt that Chelsea would be moving him on at this point, especially when the backline is where they have the most problems. I think they're pretty comparable, but we'll see how it goes for them. Silva should make a big difference if he stays healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad