Transfer: Summer Transfer News and Rumors Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I think I read it many times actually that he’d be a nice bench option. I think most recently it was implied I think. Some had him starting the Community Shield, which led me to believe he’d be at least an option off the bench for the season, but now with the Jota signing he’s probably going to be sold.

There's a difference between being a nice bench option, and a good young player for the future (which is what most of us felt), and bombing him out back to France without even seeing a minute of time after having him pronounced one of the best young defenders we've seen. I realize that might not have been you, but geez, Saliba must be CRAP in training for Arteta if he can't even get a sniff in the Carabao Cup. I actually still think if Brewster got some minutes, he would play pretty well. He tore up the Championship, and it looks like Sheffield United, who are no mugs, are going to buy him. Fine by me. If they have a sell on, or a buy back, it's a great deal for Liverpool who are pretty poor right now cash wise. That will change, and more importantly, Liverpool are stacked at the position. I can't say Arsenal are stacked at central defender at all. Even if Brewster stayed, he wouldn't sniff the field. From most accounts, even as recently as when the lineups for Arsenal Liverpool were announced on Sunday, people were miffed Saliba wasn't playing.

Trust me, there are plenty of poor opinions that float around. I know I was dead wrong on Jordon Ibe. He looked like he had the business physically, but couldn't put it together.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If Juve promised to pay more later, they would still get him even if on loan. As has been made clear, Lyon doesn't need the money.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Maybe Arteta doesn't want to load so much pressure on Saliba. Kid is only 19 and already appointed as the saviour of Arsenal's defence and if he makes one mistake he would get chewed out right away by everyone.

I mean all of a sudden we have a Pool fan taking shots at him and making assumptions already.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Maybe Arteta doesn't want to load so much pressure on Saliba. Kid is only 19 and already appointed as the saviour of Arsenal's defence and if he makes one mistake he would get chewed out right away by everyone.

I mean all of a sudden we have a Pool fan taking shots at him and making assumptions already.

I don't think anyone is taking shots at Saliba. It's more the question of why the hell Arteta wouldn't use him given what they have.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
If Juve promised to pay more later, they would still get him even if on loan. As has been made clear, Lyon doesn't need the money.

I'm curious as to why this is assumed. The 100 whatever million they got from transfers isn't a one lump sum they got for the year. Who knows how much of that they are getting this year. We do know that they lost out on TV money last year with the early cancellation for last season and they have no European money for this year.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I think the main problem with Saliba is that he hasn't played a competitive match in 7 months and has generally missed a chunk out of each of the last 2 seasons (only 19 and 17 games). He's got to play every match for him to develop, which will be tough at Arsenal because the manager loves to rely on a vet like David Luiz...

Reactions: Satan

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I think the main problem with Saliba is that he hasn't played a competitive match in 7 months and has generally missed a chunk out of each of the last 2 seasons (only 19 and 17 games). He's got to play every match for him to develop, which will be tough at Arsenal because the manager loves to rely on a vet like David Luiz...

He also will need time to learn how to play from the back the Arteta way.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I've been more impressed with Holding than I thought I would be
I feel now is the perfect time to sell him to some English team. Fulham? West Ham? Newcastle?

Honestly, he was great before the Rashford knee clash that ruptured his ACL, but I have no faith in him reaching that level again consistently.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I feel now is the perfect time to sell him to some English team. Fulham? West Ham? Newcastle?

Honestly, he was great before the Rashford knee clash that ruptured his ACL, but I have no faith in him reaching that level again consistently.
I definitely would be willing to sell him but I don't necessarily think he can't get back to a high level. He seems to be on that path

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Fanbase with a bad defensive team is excited over a talented player who makes a big defensive impact in a top 5 league, the absolute horror.
No it only becomes bad when that teenaged talent doesn’t immediately make an impact after moving to a new country during a pandemic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia