Transfer: Summer Transfer News And Rumors part 10: Sky Sports Deadline Day show and lack of dildos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
We’ve been underperforming for a decade and have been riding the last fumes of that Wenger train. Emery didn’t work out and Arteta was and still is a colossal mistake. You don’t bring in a rookie manager to try and change this shit show, for a club of the stature of AFC, you’re asking for trouble and that’s exactly what we’re getting.

That part, I agree with.

The "underperforming for a decade" part, as I said, is not entirely true. Underperforming considering the expectations of the supporter base, sure. Underperforming the real results vs the competition, not really.

Arsenal does spend like a top team, but spends badly. They are mismanaged. That, we agree 100%. We also agree that the last 4 seasons have been a joke outside of 1 FA Cup win and 1 EL finals. Earlier part of the decade, while not bringing a PL title or a great CL run has been more acceptable.

Reactions: AB13

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
That part, I agree with.

The "underperforming for a decade" part, as I said, is not entirely true. Underperforming considering the expectations of the supporter base, sure. Underperforming the real results vs the competition, not really.

Arsenal does spend like a top team, but spends badly. They are mismanaged. That, we agree 100%. We also agree that the last 4 seasons have been a joke outside of 1 FA Cup win and 1 EL finals. Earlier part of the decade, while not bringing a PL title or a great CL run has been more acceptable.

I guess the disaster that has been Emery/Arteta makes it looks longer then it is lol

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
That part, I agree with.

Between 2013-2016 we challenged for the title every year and we came close to winning it in 13/14 and 15/16. We were by far the best team in the fall in 13/14, then Walcott tore his ACL in January. We were top in February but then Özil, Ramsey and Mertesacker got injured for a pretty long time as well. Can’t help but feel luck went against us. In 2016 we were top at Christmas but Sanchez and Cazorla got injured and we fell off, but still finished second. We also won three FA Cups beteeen 2014 and 2017. We definately haven’t been underperforming for more than three years. Between 2004 and 2016 we also had a negative net spend and a shoestring budget but always made the CL and challenged for the biggest titles with great teams.

Our genuine decline started in 2018 or 2019. 2017, maybe, at a stretch (but we won The FA Cup and had 75 points in the league that year so probably not). The narrative that Arsenal have been bad for a long time is absolute bullshit. In 2019 we finished fifth, two points off third and made the EL final, and while I consider that underperforming we were a good team until Arteta.

Reactions: S E P H

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Sevilla doing a Bilbao on Chelsea. Love it.

We’ve been underperforming for a decade and have been riding the last fumes of that Wenger train. Emery didn’t work out and Arteta was and still is a colossal mistake. You don’t bring in a rookie manager to try and change this shit show, for a club of the stature of AFC, you’re asking for trouble and that’s exactly what we’re getting.
Well that was obvious but he was "pep" trained so Arsenal fans drank the kool aid.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
So Atleti want Greizzy again( you waited on the last day idiots) He wants to go, barca dont want him. Get it done. 50 million straight.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I guess the disaster that has been Emery/Arteta makes it looks longer then it is lol

Last 10 seasons (excluding this year)

2011-12: 3rd, lost FA Cup 5th round, Lost League Cup QF, lost CL Round of 16,
2012-13: 4th, lost FA Cup 5th round, lost League Cup QF, lost CL Round of 16
2013-14: 4th, Won FA Cup, lost League Cup Round of 16, lost CL Round of 16
2014-15: 3rd, Won FA Cup, lost League Cup 3rd round, lost CL Round of 16, Won Community Shield
2015-16: 2nd, lost FA Cup 6th round, lost League Cup 4th round, lost CL Round of 16, Won Community Shield
2016-17: 5th, Won FA Cup, Lost League Cup QF, lost CL Round of 16
2017-18: 6th, lost FA Cup 3rd round, lost League Cup Final, lost EL SF, Won Community Shield
2018-19: 5th, lost FA cup 4th round, Lost League Cup QF, lost EL Final
2019-20: 8th, Won FA Cup, lost League Cup 4th round, lost EL round of 32
2020-21: 8th, lost FA cup 4th round, Lost League Cup QF, lost EL SF, Won Community Shield

I mean despite sucking ass in the league, Arsenal still won 2 trophies in the last 2 seasons. It is not the most prestigious trophies (PL or CL), but it is still trophies. 2011 to 2017 was rather successful. Once again, no PL or CL titles, but 6 trophies, 5 CL participations.

I mean, Arsenal should be more ambitious than that, but it is respectable. As I said, last 4 years are underwhelming and they still won 2 trophies.

Reactions: S E P H and AB13

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That's why BVB isn't good anymore...

Thats says more about the English clubs. We spend in proportion to our sporting success. The English leagues operate in a different market. The English TV deal is why you have mid-table/lower-table teams in the Premier League spending more than top teams in the other top leagues. And yet, the other leagues are able to stay very competitive with nowhere near the same amount of money.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Werder is talking to Leverkusen about Weiser.

Boateng is being speculated to join Lyon.

Brekalo is in Turin for his medical.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
Sevilla doing a Bilbao on Chelsea. Love it.

Well that was obvious but he was "pep" trained so Arsenal fans drank the kool aid.

Anyone with half a brain saw this coming from a mile away. Being Pep’s puppet on a team that was buying whatever player they wanted wasn’t a valid reason to promote this ass clown to manager. We don’t have that luxury and he was about to ride his new bike without the safety wheels, that was missing screws and bolts to the frame.

With Kroenke finally dishing some cash to upgrade our team, Arteta basically threw 129M£ out the window and has been alienating several players with his "I know everything" type attitude when his track record has been below mediocre.

He has turned this club into a laughing stock in just 2 years when it took Wenger over 2 decades to build it to what it was back then. The sooner this clown isn’t calling the shots for our club, the sooner we’ll be heading in the right direction. As a Devils fan, this fiasco reminds me when we hired John MacLean as HC because he played for the team and was assisting Jacques Lemaire for a couple of years.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Arteta has signed six defenders, two DMs and two GKs. The only attackers he has signed are Ødegaard and Willian on a free. That is insane. He’s mentally ill.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
In hindsight Arteta was obviously the wrong trainer, but I don't think we can say universally that an unproven coach would've been a mistake. If, just as an example, they had given Nagelsmann his start instead of Hoffenheim, then even with their poorly constructed rosters, we'd be talking about how Arsenal was turning it around & playing the best football they've played since Wenger's prime.

Especially if we think about the "proven" coaches that were available at the time. Now Nagelsmann had experience at the youth level which Arteta did not, and arteta clearly benefitted from the nepotism that all former players enjoy, but giving a coach his first senior level job would not have necessarily been a mistake...even if the unrealistic expectations that some of the fanbase holds regardless of the roster quality, don't make it an easy job.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I thought that you already had a bunch of world-class attackers? Why would he waste money on a part of the team that is already elite?
Doesn’t need to spend in attack, but he needs to not just spend money on Center Backs where we also look good. The midfield is our main issue. We need at least two #8s and another 6 but he refuses to adress that.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Didn't see anyone refer to it...but FabrizioRomano is on twitch on his couch doing a transfer day stream

Twitch.com/FabrizioRomano

Reactions: Jack Straw

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I hate tweets like this. Say it's more than complicated, and then say it simply comes down to if Chelsea pays the release clause, so not complicated at all? Why not just tell us what is complicated about the deal.

Reactions: Blender and Fro

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I hate tweets like this. Say it's more than complicated, and then say it simply comes down to if Chelsea pays the release clause, so not complicated at all? Why not just tell us what is complicated about the deal.

Guess it has to do with how many characters...or maybe just for clicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad