Transfer: Summer Transfer News And Rumors part 10: Sky Sports Deadline Day show and lack of dildos

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yep, it's official. Big get for Hammers.

It'll be really interesting to see how he adapts to a better league, but the dude is talented.
I can't stand BVB, but the claim Arsenal has been better the last 10 years is about as absurd as it gets.

Yep, regardless of how unlikeable they are, they've been clearly better than Arsenal since their rebirth under Kloppo & Watzke more years than not and have hit higher peaks...plus with arsenal's past few years, they have more than matched the valley that BVB hit in Klopp's final season.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
It'll be really interesting to see how he adapts to a better league, but the dude is talented.

Yep, regardless of how unlikeable they are, they've been clearly better than Arsenal since their rebirth under Kloppo & Watzke more years than not and have hit higher peaks...plus with arsenal's past few years, they have more than matched the valley that BVB hit in Klopp's final season.
How have they clearly been better when they have won less, have a worse European Coefficent and much worse record from the same groups. You basing it on just vibes then?

Also, how on earth are Dortmund not likeable?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
How have they clearly been better when they have won less, have a worse European Coefficent and much worse record from the same groups. You basing it on just vibes then?

Also, how on earth are Dortmund not likeable?

Their fanbase, their management, how much they poach from other Bundesliga clubs (yes, they're worse than Bayern and right there with Leverkusen), the way they constantly cry poor.

Other than the football they play, what is likeable about them?

They had better teams more years than not, that played better football, and achieved more. Arsenal's coefficient being better for another couple of months because of their mess of a 2017/2018 campaign, doesn't change that. 2017/2018 & 2014/2015 are the two significant down years they have had since 2009/2010. I already acknowledge you were better in those two seasons.

Last edited:

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Their fanbase, their management, the way they poach from other Bundesliga squads, the way they cry poor. Other than the football they play, what is likeable about them?
The fans are likeable to me. And the way they organically built sucess without financial doping. Their management are also absolute saints compred to Bayern and Leipzig. Of the realistic contenders I hope they win the league every year.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I want a woman that loves me the way you lot love Arsenal lol

Hearing rumbles of Cavani loan to us (FCB)
If you ever find a woman as dedicated to you as most people on here are to shitting on Arsenal you are in good hands.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The fans are likeable to me. And the way they organically built sucess without financial doping. Their management are also absolute saints compred to Bayern and Leipzig. Of the realistic contenders I hope they won the league every year.

"organically" must mean something very different where you come from...or you must only be thinking of the early klopp years...

Their management team is insufferable. Bayern's is arrogant, but (unfortunately) they have earned that right. BVB's management team, otoh, is just brutally whiny & entitled.

And I'm dubious of how much you know about Leipzig or how they have been run. Early in their rise, they got a lot of shit for competing with Leverkusen & Wolfsburg to poach from german academies, but they cut that shit out after the 2000-born age group.

Last edited:

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Can we just talk about transfers please?

I have little hope for Arsenal doing much today and in fact would be happy not to give Edu and Arteta any more funds after the early results from their summer splurge. That said I hope as much of the driftwood can make it out the door in the next few hours as possible. William done, surely AMN and Bellerin to follow especially if they bring in the guy from Bologna. Would love to see Torreira and El Neny offloaded for something but doesn’t look possible at this point. Looks like Nketiah is staying.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

So this guy 30 million Mbappe free and Haaland

As much as I'd like for you to be right, I am not that confident that Mbappé will come for free.

I think he will eventually cave under the pressure and re-sign with PSG... unless Flo pulls a rabbit out of his hat today.

As for Haaland, I'd be all in on him from now on. Cannot afford to pursue the Mbappé unicorn and forget all other options. I'd love to have both, especially with one coming on a free, but I am not holding my breath. One thing is sure though, Perez will try.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Sanchez, Özil, Cazorla, Koscielny, Ramsey, Aubameyang, Lacazette. That’s way way way better than the players you mentioned, without a doubt. Dortmund made the 2013 CL final but still have a much worse UEFA coefficent. So they have objectively been worse in Europe.
:laugh:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It's also more than a bit insulting if they think signing Henderson to an extension can offset lack of anything. I'm happy to see it, but it shouldn't be used as a carrot to balance what has been a pretty lackluster summer.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
It's also more than a bit insulting if they think signing Henderson to an extension can offset lack of anything. I'm happy to see it, but it shouldn't be used as a carrot to balance what has been a pretty lackluster summer.
Did you have a lot of holes to fill? I feel it's still a very solid team

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
I’m an Arsenal fan and can admit that we’ve been trash for a decade now. Anyone who isn’t a major homer will agree with such a statement.

Winning trophies 26 years ago does nothing for me now when we can’t beat a relegation team and we haven’t scored a single goal in 3 games to open the season.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I’m an Arsenal fan and can admit that we’ve been trash for a decade now. Anyone who isn’t a major homer will agree with such a statement.

Winning trophies 26 years ago does nothing for me now when we can’t beat a relegation team and we haven’t scored a single goal in 3 games to open the season.

I would not say that they have been trash for a decade. They have been trash for the last two seasons, that's for sure. Underwhelming, despite winning an FA Cup, for the last 4.

Early/mid 2010s were not THAT bad. CL every year, getting out of the group stage most times, a few second place finishes, a few FA Cups.

I mean, they were clearly not as good as the fans would like them to be, but they did okay considering the intense competition.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
I would not say that they have been trash for a decade. They have been trash for the last two seasons, that's for sure. Underwhelming, despite winning an FA Cup, for the last 4.

Early/mid 2010s were not THAT bad. CL every year, getting out of the group stage most times, a few second place finishes, a few FA Cups.

I mean, they were clearly not as good as the fans would like them to be, but they did okay considering the intense competition.

We’ve been underperforming for a decade and have been riding the last fumes of that Wenger train. Emery didn’t work out and Arteta was and still is a colossal mistake. You don’t bring in a rookie manager to try and change this shit show, for a club of the stature of AFC, you’re asking for trouble and that’s exactly what we’re getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad