Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors discussion part 9: Alex Morgan to Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

It’s gonna be funny when Ed tried to haggle the Sancho deal down from 120mil and fail only to pay 65mil for Ismaila Sarr on deadline day.

If I am Dortmund I am raising that 120m price tag. They have Utd by the stugots if they want Sancho. Why settle for just 120 if they are desperate? Especially with the season already underway? Dortmund have all the power here.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If I am Dortmund I am raising that 120m price tag. They have Utd by the stugots if they want Sancho. Why settle for just 120 if they are desperate? Especially with the season already underway? Dortmund have all the power here.

There's no reason to raise the price tag anymore. We'll get at least that next summer. There was a deadline that they didn't meet.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
With Barcelona making an official inquiry about Dest, Bayern have upped their interest. They are close to meeting Overmars’ demands of 25M. I expect a deal to be done shortly.

Reactions: Basement Cat

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I agree, but getting rid of a disgruntled player whose constantly injured, hasn't justified his transfer fee, and who is a bad professional could be good for the team. All those guys are talented. Barcelona doesn't lack talent. They lack a good mix.
You need to stop posting some nonsense about Dembele all the time.
Don't act like the ex girl/boy friend who got dumped.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Ahh yes the big bad Juve.

What's the point of Juve wasting money on a bribe if he isn't going to get his passport in time. Now he's joining Atletico and Juve got Morata because they couldn't sign him or Dzeko.

You have three scenarios.
1- Juve bribed whoever is charge. It would only make sense if he would he get his passport in time. But if Juve did bribe them than they are idiots because they wasted money.

2- Suarez could have bribed them.

3- The person in charge could have helped him pass because he's a sports figure. It's not the first time it happens. Schools help their star players pass exams all the time.
He had his mark before taking it.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
With Barcelona making an official inquiry about Dest, Bayern have upped their interest. They are close to meeting Overmars’ demands of 25M. I expect a deal to be done shortly.
Cat Radio is reporting that Barca are in "advance" talk about him. As per usual anything regarding barca 90% seems to be bs.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Sigh...

Can't wait for Woodward to panic buy Sarr, Douglas Costa, Malcolm, or some other overpaid, overpriced RW'er because he bungled the Sancho negotiations, only for him to go to Liverpool next summer.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
United haven't had a plan since SAF "retired".

Mourinho really wasn't kidding when he said a 2nd place finish with his squad was his greatest managerial achievement.

Moyes and LVG were gongshows.

Either sack Ole at the end of the year, burn it down and rebuild from the ashes with Poch, Simeone, or another half decent manager that will embrace the challenge, or ride with Ole and support him in the transfer market. He's gotten 0/3 of what he requested this window. Until a DOF is brought in and Woodward f***s off, United are going to seesaw between 3rd and 6th place and a quarterfinal place in the CL at best for the foreseeable future.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah, we’ll see. I think Bayern is a safer bet with Barcelona’s financial problems right now.

25M is cheap, though, I think. Dest has an intriguing upside even if he hasn’t proved a whole lot.
Well with Semedo they should be able to match. Plus with the Ajax connection and Dest hopefully wanting Barca so, it could happen but not getting my hopes up.

Reactions: Ajacied

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
United haven't had a plan since SAF "retired".

Mourinho really wasn't kidding when he said a 2nd place finish with his squad was his greatest managerial achievement.

Moyes and LVG were gongshows.

Either sack Ole at the end of the year, burn it down and rebuild from the ashes with Poch, Simeone, or another half decent manager that will embrace the challenge, or ride with Ole and support him in the transfer market. He's gotten 0/3 of what he requested this window. Until a DOF is brought in and Woodward f***s off, United are going to seesaw between 3rd and 6th place and a quarterfinal place in the CL at best for the foreseeable future.

Mourinho spent 300m and finished 2nd in a down year for the PL. Then burned it to the ground. And blamed everyone else. Like he always does. the guy spent 75m on Dalot & Fred, got fired, then bitched about how the club didn't support him. FOH.

As much as I have reservations about OGS tactically as a manager, he's done a great job with the squad, despite the McGuire deal. He's the first manager to actually try to rebuild, play youth, bring in transfers that make sense long term, etc. He's the first manager that has thought long term and hasn't tried to just patch holes to keep their job.

He's decided to move on from a ton of the dead weight (Young, Valencia, Sanchez,etc). I can't fault him because Woodward blows transfers daily.

I dont think he's going to be a manager that wins the league or anything, but his time will hardly be a failure. As a manager, would you rather take over this squad, or the squad 2 years ago? not close for me.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
St Etienne has yesterday rejected a new Leicester offer (3rd offer total) for Wesley Fofana : 32M€....

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Mourinho spent 300m and finished 2nd in a down year for the PL. Then burned it to the ground. And blamed everyone else. Like he always does. the guy spent 75m on Dalot & Fred, got fired, then bitched about how the club didn't support him. FOH.

As much as I have reservations about OGS tactically as a manager, he's done a great job with the squad, despite the McGuire deal. He's the first manager to actually try to rebuild, play youth, bring in transfers that make sense long term, etc. He's the first manager that has thought long term and hasn't tried to just patch holes to keep their job.

He's decided to move on from a ton of the dead weight (Young, Valencia, Sanchez,etc). I can't fault him because Woodward blows transfers daily.

I dont think he's going to be a manager that wins the league or anything, but his time will hardly be a failure. As a manager, would you rather take over this squad, or the squad 2 years ago? not close for me.
I think this summer is the one for me that made me realize that as long as Woodward is here it won’t matter what manager we have. It doesn’t really matter when the board clearly only cares about getting top 4. Every time the club finishes outside the top 4 they invest a lot, but they never build off promising seasons like last year. If they really cared about building a winner they would’ve backed their manager and gotten him at least 1 of the 3 positions he asked for. But instead they stoked they get to cash in the CL $$$ and once we struggle this year they’ll invest enough to get us top 4 next year.

As much as losing SAF hurts losing Gill has hurt us even more long term. Woodward and Judge are ruining this club and until they’re gone(or the Glazers sell) we will never be better than 4th place team.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Suarez deal done to atleti for the 7th time. Semedo also done. And Fulham offered 18 million for todibo. Finally moves

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Lampard's insistence to play Mount is maddening to see. It goes back to when he coached him at Derby County. I'm not even a Chelsea fan, but Lampard won't let this go. He'll even play the kid out of position instead of giving CHO a run in the team.

Mount was *at absolute worst* our fourth best player last year, and very probably our second best. You don't know what you're talking about with him.

Reactions: Evilo and Blender

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Mount was *at absolute worst* our fourth best player last year, and very probably our second best. You don't know what you're talking about with him.

Chelsea fans make so many excuses for this guy. Quite simply, he doesn't produce numbers. He's not the same caliber of player that Werner, Abraham, Pulisic, Havertz, Ziyech are. CHO might not be able to either, but we don't know. Give him the same chances that Mount gets, and we'll see. I'm well aware of the excuses that might be used in response for Mount. He's supposedly captain intangibles and the hardest working player in world football, but I would sell him while I can. Attackers who don't contribute to goals aren't good players. There's going to come a point when Lampard keeps better players than CHO out of the team at the expense of Mount. He treats Mount like his son.

I also see many Chelsea fans on twitter who bring up the same things I do. Only some Chelsea fans think Mount is good. I'm sure you're well aware this isn't a settled debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad