Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors discussion part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Don't think United want Perisic or Bale. Staying clear of 30+ after Sanchez. Read somewhere that Solskjaer was looking long-term with signings. Which is true so far, James and AWB are 21. Most players they are linked with are early or mid 20s.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Don't think United want Perisic or Bale. Staying clear of 30+ after Sanchez. Read somewhere that Solskjaer was looking long-term with signings. Which is true so far, James and AWB are 21. Most players they are linked with are early or mid 20s.

Yup. OGS has been very adamant to not target players like Sanchez. He wants to start a proper rebuild and target players with big upside who are able to bring an impact long term. So bale is definitely a no go.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Bale on a loan wouldn't be a terrible idea since it's specifically a plan to plug a hole where there's no long term solution now. As a buy it would be terrible though.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Bale on a loan wouldn't be a terrible idea since it's specifically a plan to plug a hole where there's no long term solution now. As a buy it would be terrible though.

I agree. Assuming the Pepe bid leads to him joining us, I’m not sure we would loan bale.

Although a front 3 with the options of:

Martial/Pepe-Rashford/Martial-Bale/Pepe

Would be super nice

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I agree. Assuming the Pepe bid leads to him joining us, I’m not sure we would loan bale.

Although a front 3 with the options of:

Martial/Pepe-Rashford/Martial-Bale/Pepe

Would be super nice

Yea if Pepe comes, I wouldn't want a bale loan since he'd be taking away playing time from the future. Without it, he's only blocking Lingard (lol) and Chong (isn't really ready yet so playing as backup should be totally fine)

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yea if Pepe comes, I wouldn't want a bale loan since he'd be taking away playing time from the future. Without it, he's only blocking Lingard (lol) and Chong (isn't really ready yet so playing as backup should be totally fine)

Yeah about him, from a Telegraph article:

The needs of every player are being individually tailored. “We try not to be on top of players, hassling them with data,” said Leng, who joined United from the A-League side, Melbourne City, in June, having previously spent six years with Tottenham. “We are really streamlined with it but we want to find out what are their strengths, their weaknesses and then build individual programmes off the back of that. Essentially, we are trying to take them to the next level of performance.”

Jesse Lingard may have been reprimanded by Solskjaer over his lewd Snapchat holiday video but his statistics are understood to be among the most impressive and the manager singled out the effectiveness of his pressing against Inter.

The whole article (about United's pre-season, analytics etc) is behind a paywall but it's been quoted in it's entirety at the biggest Finnish football message board. If you'e interested, I could PM it to you?

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England

And Greenwood.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Yeah about him, from a Telegraph article:

The whole article (about United's pre-season, analytics etc) is behind a paywall but it's been quoted in it's entirety at the biggest Finnish football message board. If you'e interested, I could PM it to you?

You think United are going to spend 80m on Pepe and then sit him because Jesse Lingard was the best at exercising?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I’ve read the last few pages and still trying to figure out if people rate Ceballos? Does he help Arsenal more than just a squad player a this point in his career? Where does he fit in the XI and who are his ideal fits as partners in the Gunners midfield? Will he take much PT from Douzi who I still really feel has loads of promise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad