Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors discussion part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Kind of funny how every single one of these at the time (except Grant) were seen as good transfers. Revisionist history I guess. Also in case you miss it, there’s notes in the quote. It’s insane how United just get **** on. They buy superstars to fix their club. They are crutches and band aids so they switch to buying PL proven players that are young (which everyone wanted them to do) and are still getting **** on. Yes it’s expensive but everyone knows United are desperate. Prices are going to increase.
The only one I called great was Dalot.
I laughed at the Lukaku deal. Check the search thread. Most of us did.
AWB is decent, but again LOL at the price. These teams are toying with United's scouting team really.
Dalot IS getting blocked by the AWB deal (let this sink in, they've spent 77M on two RB, the weakest position in football, without even getting a WC one in return).
Matic was exposed in Chelsea already. He wasn't one of the best DM.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Basically yes. Maguire is a solid Dman, but like you see everywhere.
When you an get a young guy with WC potential for half the price, it's crazy.
Even for a Koulibaly or someone established. It won't cost you much more than that.

He's not moving anywhere under 100 million euros, that's been established already.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Last 10 United transfers :
10- Maguire 100M or so. Insane.
9- AWB, 55MF M, which is double his price.
8- James 17M. Expensive, but let's give this one some time.
7- Fred, 60M, he sucks.
6- Dalot, 22M, they're now trying to dump him.
5- Grant, 1.7, at least it's cheap.
4- Lukaku, 85M, LOL.
3- Matic, 45M, he's done.
2- Lindelof, 35M, last good investment.
1- Alexis Sanchez, Mkh+fat contract, LOL.

That's absolutely terrible.

60 +20 if clauses are met. Since you're using pounds on the other prices.

Dalot's not going anywhere, that was a mistake by several sites who mixed up Darmian and him on the original source.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I highly doubt you will be able substantiate a claim that "every single one of" those transfers where seen as good transfers at the time. It is as Jim Benning worked in the EPL.

At the same time I don´t think it is completely fair to hold teams like Utd to the same standard in terms of value for money as smaller teams. Quite obvious that they are paying a premium for being Utd. The same way other giants are also paying a premium.

I like the AWB transfer. Fills a clear need with a young player that has already proven himself in England. Doesn´t mean he will take that next step, but it makes sense and Utd can afford to pay the premium to get their man.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
60 +20 if clauses are met. Since you're using pounds on the other prices.

Dalot's not going anywhere, that was a mistake by several sites who mixed up Darmian and him on the original source.
No, I was talking Euros.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The only one I called great was Dalot.
I laughed at the Lukaku deal. Check the search thread. Most of us did.
AWB is decent, but again LOL at the price. These teams are toying with United's scouting team really.
Dalot IS getting blocked by the AWB deal (let this sink in, they've spent 77M on two RB, the weakest position in football, without even getting a WC one in return).
Matic was exposed in Chelsea already. He wasn't one of the best DM.

I find your lack of faith in Dalot-Bissakatron disturbing.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Hull are set to get 15% of the sale of Maguire, meaning £6.45m + £3m. So that's one factor in the price rising.

Based on the usual bonus clauses, if Maguire plays X amount of games that should be 70 million where as 80 million would probably require United winning the Premier League. I don't think any United fan would be complaining about the price then.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Hull are set to get 15% of the sale of Maguire, meaning £6.45m + £3m. So that's one factor in the price rising.

Based on the usual bonus clauses, if Maguire plays X amount of games that should be 70 million where as 80 million would probably require United winning the Premier League. I don't think any United fan would be complaining about the price then.

That’s a reason Leicester would want the price to rise, it’s not a reason United should agree to pay a higher price.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
That’s a reason Leicester would want the price to rise, it’s not a reason United should agree to pay a higher price.

That's the point I was making. I'm not saying a title is that realistic in the current state of United and because of that it's unlikely for the price to go that high.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Maguire was arguably the best CB outside of the top 4, while also being English. He's proven in the league and relatively still young. Not a United fan at all but this isn't a terrible deal like most are saying. Manchester City paid £60 million for Mahrez to be a bench player and he didn't count towards the homegrown quota either. You're not getting a flop because you know he can play in the premier league and they can sell him, for a loss but still solid fee, to another English club in a few years. The bottom half of the league always overpays for former ManU players.

Reactions: Jussi and Gecklund

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Maguire is one of the best defenders in the Premier League when it comes to actually defending, but he shouldn't go for more than De Ligt or Van Dijk because he just isn't as good with the ball as either of those guys are. United overpaid for a very good defender, but they still overpaid. If they expect Maguire to be their key player to play out from the back, they made a stupid buy. If they expect him to control the box while defending and to play short passes off to someone who can transition forward, it will work out just fine.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No, I'm not mixing up currencies. 80M£ is 89M€. So even if you want to stuck on that 100M number, if the difference between Koulibaly and Maguire is 10M, you LAUGH.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is one of the most ridiculous transfer in football history. Easily.

We need a lockout after this upcoming season. Bad GM's are ruining the market.

Is Diallo going to play? Kehrer and Kimpembe are both also left footed. How is Tuchel going to rank those three on the depth chart? The only good thing I can take out of this transfer is that we took away our biggest rival for the title's best CB and the player that had to make way for him is sent to another country. If we were going to have to choose between Diallo or Zagadou staying, I'll keep Zagadou, but I don't like the idea of swapping out Diallo for Hummels. Outside of Akanji, it's now a slower CB position when we had been trying to make it faster.

Reactions: Deficient Mode
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad