Transfer: Summer Transfer Discussion Thread 7

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Lol, you lot are squares. Messi was rumoured to be heading to Arsenal like four years ago and now for every year. I didn't buy it as a fact until he left and he finally has.....and no he isn't going to PSG, City, or Bayern. He's either going to Arsenal or Juventus and that's an Einstein fact if I've ever seen it staring me in the face. People will laugh and say "hahaha, you have no CL" and you know that is true. However, it doesn't matter to him anymore at his age, he wants international trophies now more so than ever and he can help the Arsenal return to our mighty glory of the yesteryears. I don't know if he'd make a difference, but he can at least do the free kicks and that by itself can lead to at least nine more points on the season. And he's an okay passer I guess too, but he won't be able to command a team and guess what? He can be relieved knowing that this is Auba's team through and he's here to just be a secondary threat. Plus, I have the feeling he might want to hit the English market and the best way for him to do that is in London with the team that best displays excellence in the 1890s, in the 1960s, in the 1990s, and soon to be 2023. With zero pressure on his shoulders and the amount of revenue the kit sales he would generate single-handily would put Arsenal past Bayern in overall status.

Last edited:
Reactions: cgf and phisherman

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Non-Messi post here.

Apparently Ndombele is disgruntled again. He's unhappy that the club are looking to sell Aurier and Sissoko. According to the same article he regret coming to Spurs just a few weeks after he arrived at the club because of the tough preseason training under Poch.

Personally I'm fed up with him. His attitude seems to absolutely stink. Don't think he gets sold this summer, but I struggle seeing Spurs recoup his transfer fee.

Last edited:

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Lol, you lot are squares. Messi was rumoured to be heading to Arsenal like four years ago and now for every year. I didn't buy it as a fact until he left and he finally has.....and no he isn't going to PSG, City, or Bayern. He's either going to Arsenal or Juventus and that's an Einstein fact if I've ever seen it staring me in the face. People will laugh and say "hahaha, you have no CL" and you know that is true. However, it doesn't matter to him anymore at his age, he wants international trophies now more so than ever and he can help the Arsenal return to our mighty glory of the yesteryears. I don't know if he'd make a difference, but he can at least do the free kicks and that by itself can lead to at least nine more points on the season. And he's an okay passer I guess too, but he won't be able to command a team and guess what? He can be relieved knowing that this is Auba's team through and he's here to just be a secondary threat. Plus, I have the feeling he might want to hit the English market and the best way for him to do that is in London with the team that best displays excellence in the 1890s, in the 1960s, in the 1990s, and soon to be 2023. With zero pressure on his shoulders and the amount of revenue the kit sales he would generate single-handily would put Arsenal past Bayern in overall status.

I love your optimism

Reactions: cgf

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Non-Messi post here.

Apparently Ndombele is disgruntled again. He's unhappy that the club are looking to sell Aurier and Sissoko. According to the same article he regret coming to Spurs just a few weeks after he arrived at the club because of the tough preseason training under Poch.

Personally I'm fed up with him. His attitude seems to absolutely stink. Don't think he gets sold this summer, but I struggle seeing Spurs recoup his transfer fee.

Kind of funny how reporters bring up that old pre-season again. I have seen an interview where he mentions it - if anything he seemed to be saying it in a "self-ironic" way (not sure if there is an English word for that :laugh:).

And as for losing his friends. Obviously I get that it is important for players to have other players they connect with, but no football player can expect to stay with his friends for a whole career. What if Sissoko and Aurier moves to different clubs?

Clearly he has some personality, but I'm not worried yet. He went from being an overweight lazy "&¤#"& to one of the hardest working players we had under Mourinho. Not sure what happened with Mason, but hopefully Nuno can get him back on track. That said if he goes back to fat and sulky then it doesn't matter how much talent he has got - then he is out.

Right now I think the most likely scenario is that he will be among our 2-3 best players this season - but I agree there is some uncertainty around it. It could also fail Soldado-style.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Spurs could announce Romero today. Already had both his shots so he should be able to train pretty immediately.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
If PSG get Messi I’m sure a few players will be on the way out. I would really want Arsenal to get Keylor Navas if possible.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Laporta saying no player is over the club. There's no way we can afford Messi with the legacy that Bartomeu left economically.
The summary. And this doesn't sound at all like he's coming back

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Saying the contract would have been for 2 more years, that this was the deadline they had to reach any agreement and that he deserves some time to make a decision and adapt to another club. It's only fair to him. The only way he could have come back is with an exception from FFP in La Liga which seems is not going to happen.

Also that they could get Messi with the CVC agreement but they don't want to sign it because it would mean that for 50 years the TV rights would be endangered and no player is worth that risk for the club

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
It’s obvious that the way Barca is framing it is also a tactic to blame it on La Liga for them to budge somehow. But nope, not gonna happen, everyone asked how was it going to work and Barca was like “don’t worry, we got this”. Lulzzzzz get rekt!

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Laporta saying no player is over the club. There's no way we can afford Messi with the legacy that Bartomeu left economically.
The summary. And this doesn't sound at all like he's coming back
Ya theres no power play or ploy here. It’s done.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Saying the contract would have been for 2 more years, that this was the deadline they had to reach any agreement and that he deserves some time to make a decision and adapt to another club. It's only fair to him. The only way he could have come back is with an exception from FFP in La Liga which seems is not going to happen.

Also that they could get Messi with the CVC agreement but they don't want to sign it because it would mean that for 50 years the TV rights would be endangered and no player is worth that risk for the club
I think it’s more that they want the super league. Tbh and that doesn’t sit right with me.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Is it stunning that they choose not to sell 10% of their league to keep Messi?

I haven't spent much time to understand the deal La Liga has made (I asked in the La Liga-thread) - so I'm not trying to be smart here - just an honest question possibly being stupid due to lack of knowledge about the La Liga deal.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

I haven't spent much time to understand the deal La Liga has made (I asked in the La Liga-thread) - so I'm not trying to be smart here - just an honest question possibly being stupid due to lack of knowledge about the La Liga deal.

both big teams are totally against selling that 10%
Laporta just said he believes it is a bad deal as well, he valuates that 10% 3 times higher than what La Liga and teams would get.

Laporta also said FCB lost 487M€ last year

Reactions: les Habs and Havre

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Considering what they want is a super league yeah it’s pretty stunning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad