Transfer: Summer Transfer Discussion Thread 7

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
LFC fans and their victim complex. So when/if they win they can claim it as the Alamo.
For me at least I think I can call City the favourites without having a victim complex. City are the favourites, I said this before last season as well. I think Liverpool are still the 2nd best team in the league though and could win it if they run hot, but they need to play with a lot more dynamism than they did last season (injuries or not).

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
“The only difference is a world class midfielder and a young winger that has been close to top 5 in the PL at his position.”
And that is not enough! How can you justify to go with Firmino/Origi as your main striker if you want to compete.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I don't even know what is my point. I just despise our owner a lot. For all the wrong about the United owner (which are valid) they do are committed to winning.
Maybe now. But it's been pretty clear that they're MO since SAF left was to sign big names to maximize marketing potential.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
For me at least I think I can call City the favourites without having a victim complex. City are the favourites, I said this before last season as well. I think Liverpool are still the 2nd best team in the league though and could win it if they run hot, but they need to play with a lot more dynamism than they did last season (injuries or not).
That's a fair assessment.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
They just gave everyone on their roster new contracts for 250k a week, but wE aRe pOOOOr
It's not about being poor, I never said that. It's about showing commitment to win. Sorry but keeping the current team is unacceptable if you have ambition.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
And that is not enough! How can you justify to go with Firmino/Origi as your main striker if you want to compete.
Yeah can't imagine Liverpool being able to compete with Firmino as their main striker (and Jota deputizing, it seems). Can they even beat Arsenal with that kind of set-up?

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
LFC make fun of all the other big teams for spending big yet advocate for their team to spend big.
Believe me any fan would rather have big time purchase over relying on players keeping their level. As I said, big kudos on Klopp if he can manage that.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I love how Romero wants to join Spurs because he knows Paratici likes him - wasn't it Paratici who also sent him out on loan/sold him to Atalanta?

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Yeah can't imagine Liverpool being able to compete with Firmino as their main striker (and Jota deputizing, it seems). Can they even beat Arsenal with that kind of set-up?
Yes they can beat Arsenal, but can they beat City, Chelsea and United? Or even Leicester who also improved a lot.

I am very not confident about that.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Delusional
Maybe. I am very curious about this LFC team. At some point last year they looked like bottom feeder. I would be very happy to be wrong about that. I do not think they are good enough and they are very predictable.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yes they can beat Arsenal, but can they beat City, Chelsea and United?
City they can clearly compete with, but they're the best team in the world on paper so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't beat them. As for Chelsea and United I don't see why they wouldn't be able to beat them? I mean it took half your squad getting injured for United to finish ahead of you guys.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
It will be interesting to see how it goes for Liverpool this season. For whatever reason most teams do tend to slow down after a certain period - it isn't always that easy to tell why. Liverpool´s core is ageing, but it isn't so old that you would expect them to slow down due to age just yet.

If you take Liverpool player for player and expect most of them to perform close to their best level that is still a fantastic team. Far far better than Leicester. But it doesn't take much slowing down before you are 7-8th in England. As Liverpool have experienced before.

I have no idea where Liverpool will go this season. Anything from a title challenge to 7-8th. Probably the team in the top I think is most difficult to place right now.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
City they can clearly compete with, but they're the best team in the world on paper so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't beat them. As for Chelsea and United I don't see why they wouldn't be able to beat them? I mean it took half your squad getting injured for United to finish ahead of you guys.
Well it seems like other fans are more optimistic about them than me. Let just say, I expect the worse, they are very thin in term of quality. I don't question the starting team just to clarify, I question the depth of the team.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011

Chelsea to me got even better depth than City. Vs Liverpool I would argue Chelsea got far better depth - and now potentially also better first team. It seems almost guaranteed they will bring in a top striker and then I would take Chelsea´s starting line-up over Liverpool´s.

United have had a couple of big issues. Struggled a bit at CD. Should now be solved. Limited depth on the wing. Solved. They probably should have had a bit more on RB and probably one more CM, but if Varane and Sancho can settle they will be vastly better (on paper at least) than last season.

I get the shiny new toy thing here. If Liverpool can get back to 98% of that insane season they will still be competitive of course. But that is a huge ask with that squad.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Chelsea to me got even better depth than City. Vs Liverpool I would argue Chelsea got far better depth - and now potentially also better first team. It seems almost guaranteed they will bring in a top striker and then I would take Chelsea´s starting line-up over Liverpool´s.

United have had a couple of big issues. Struggled a bit at CD. Should now be solved. Limited depth on the wing. Solved. They probably should have had a bit more on RB and probably one more CM, but if Varane and Sancho can settle they will be vastly better (on paper at least) than last season.

I get the shiny new toy thing here. If Liverpool can get back to 98% of that insane season they will still be competitive of course. But that is a huge ask with that squad.
Thank you, that is exactly how I see it.

The team is getting older and they are heavily reliant on the top 3 forward to deliver week after week and without much rotation from all competition.

Oh yes, another curveball? That I omitted to mention, LFC will also miss 3 key players in the middle of the season too due to the AFCON.

There is still 3 weeks before the end of transfer but if they don't get help upfront there is no way they compete for the title and I am very confident about that claim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad