Transfer: Summer Transfer Discussion Thread 7

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Guardiola saying they gave the #10 to Grealish for a reason and that they're out of Messi.

Then a moment later says that if spurs want tl negotiate for Kane they're interested. Man, I don't understand anything

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
From what I've seen Laporta pretty much confirmed what I've been saying:
  • The club inherited a financial mess from the previous board (also Covid related, but he won't get the previous board that, but he did refence the club's losses from last season).
  • The financial fair play/salary cap rules in La Liga are very stringent. What you cut in payroll, you can only spend another 25% of. I'm assuming that's based on your financial position though.

This is what I'm referring to. From what I saw yesterday that would amount to significantly more than what this CVC deal would bring.

Yeah, that's why he referenced the club's finances and the previous board's management.

Incorrect and I'm somewhat shocked you even posted this. If you want to blame Laporta and the current board for something you should look at the signings they've made and much more so their inability or unwillingness to get tough around salaries and getting rid of dead wood.

The CVC deal is a short term influx of cash, but in the long term Barça and I'm assuming every single other club that is a La Liga regular come out behind in the deal. That's based on conditions as they are now and if you project out. That said I think it's just plain a bad idea to sell 10% of your brand. Plenty of other ways to enhance your brand and get some additional revenue without having to sell a stake.

I'm wholly against a Super League, but that's a completely different and they lose money long term with the CVC deal regardless of any Super League.
Plenty of blame to go around. We see how it plays out.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Guardiola saying they gave the #10 to Grealish for a reason and that they're out of Messi.

Then a moment later says that if spurs want tl negotiate for Kane they're interested. Man, I don't understand anything
No money for a Messi or a striker. BUT they have money for Kane.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Manchester City are such buffoon.

At that point, don't look hypocrites. Just assume your status as financially doped club and run with it. Don't justify your spending, just double down on it!

Don't say you cannot afford a player that looks ridiculous for them.

Also IMO Pep reputation is taking a significant hit at that point, he is a great coach but yes it seems like he needs overpowered teams to succeed. He has to win the CL now. Even PSG have harder road ahead in their league than city now.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sargent will be held out of Werder's cup match, as a transfer apparently looms.

Hertha & Augbsurg have agreed to send Maier to FCA on loan, with Hertha purchasing Richter.

Fener are being linked to Kolasinac.

Reactions: robertmac43

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
LFC fans and their victim complex. So when/if they win they can claim it as the Alamo.
I take it as a compliment, LFC winning it is a very longshot and if they do, they should build a shrine in honor of Klopp... the owner have simply dropped the ball on him and pending upcoming transfer they are getting worse not better. But let's be real, City have the most depth in all football and are adding more. They are by far the early favourites for all competitions bar maybe Messi joining PSG.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I take it as a compliment, LFC winning it is a very longshot and if they do, they should build a shrine in honor of Klopp... But let's be real, City have the most depth in all football and are adding more. They are by far the early favourites for all competitions bar maybe Messi joining PSG.
Ya shrine for klopp is exactly why you paint yourself with this Everyman facade

Reactions: The Abusement Park

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Ya shrine for klopp is exactly why you paint yourself with this Everyman facade
Yes, they have basically the same team as 3 years ago. The only difference are Thiago and Jota. In the meantime the team is getting older and their depth is bottom feeder level. Origi for christ sake is the Bobby (who is a shadow of his former self) replacement. They are becoming the old Arsenal that are happy to reach CL and find bargain rather than compete for the title.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Yes, they have basically the same team as 3 years ago. The only difference are Thiago and Jota. In the meantime the team is getting older and their depth is bottom feeder level. Origi for christ sake is the Bobby (who is a shadow of his former self) replacement. They are becoming the old Arsenal that are happy to reach CL and find bargain rather than compete for the title.
“The only difference is a world class midfielder and a young winger that has been close to top 5 in the PL at his position.”

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Only difference is a solid purchase in Jota and what people consider a top 5 cm at Munich. Woah is me.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I don’t think your making the point you think you are lol.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3