Proposal: Summer Deal Lucic for Eberle??

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
If anything she is to nice- I am glad to see some snarl, although I don't know what you said that got her to fire off the hate:madfire:; Does this mean you are leaving us (and it's the great Looch, not Luc. Luc is Luc Robitaille (knowing her as well as I do- she is my kid's aunt after all, you must have really crossed the line):shakehead

Everybody has a breaking point.

TSC*

So, the two 82 game seasons were a mirage, but 40 games from a condensed schedule season is the real thing? How convenient for your argument :laugh:

He was in the 4th line for one game...

I have already said in other posts that I don't think Looch was worth 6 mil, even at his best, but that doesn't mean I deal him.

The thing is, and I'll keep repeating myself until people accept it - it hasn't just been this season.

It's more than a few weeks -

Look at this stats since the ASB last season:

This season:
41GP 6G 18A 3 Fighting Majors

2011/12 Playoffs:
7GP 0G 3A

2011/12 Post All Star Break
35GP 9G 15A 3 Fighting Majors.

That's a full season worth of stats - 83GP 15G 36A 6 Fighting Majors (FWIW - 1 of those goals is an ENG).

Lucic has been not-good for a while now.

DOGSTARMAN

Aug 1, 2005
Lets say that Lucic is injured, and his head is elsewhere. If this case his poor play is understandable. BUT what makes you think Lucic will magically play better next season or the season after that?

I want to know when he'll play like he is supposed to instead of someone i cringe watching play.

My explanation for Lucic is simply he isn't the player he once was. This happens.

I think he's lazy, out of shape and satisfied with it.

IF he's injured, I dont think next season will be any different. He'll be plagued by the same injuries.

IF it's him being a father, why would his play change next season.

I think this is what we are looking at going forward.

I think it was a bad contract when it was signed, nothing has changed that, and you can spend 6m in a cap world better elsewhere.

If some team offered a top 5 pick this offseason for him, I would consider it.

I'm confused. You run down Lucic pretty thoroughly there. Professionalism, character, health, etc.

Yet you say that if another GM offers a top 5 pick (we can agree, that's pretty valuable right?), you'd consider it. 1) If a GM would offer that, then obviously their opinion of Lucic is very different than yours, in which case maybe you're not right or, if you're right, you're delusional to believe such a deal is in the offing, 2) even then, you would only "consider it."

That just does not add up to me. Either you think he's a bum or you don't. Either you want to get rid of him or you don't. Either you would take a premium asset for him or you would not.

As far as him "magically" being better next year, I don't see where magic comes into play. He has been better in the past. Nothing magic happened for that to be true. Nothing magic happened for him to not be as good this year. Nothing magic needs to happen next year. No magic! He either will or will not be better next year based on which direction things go with whatever problems or limitations he is struggling with.

I have been frustrated by Lucic and thought about dealing him. Like many of his fans, that thought has crossed my mind as his slump as dragged on. And, again, if the right deal comes along, see ya. But it would have to be a pretty appealing deal like the "hockey trade" between Colorado and St Louis last year. Otherwise it makes the most sense to me to ride this out awhile. The Bruins can get out of this down the road if that is what needs to happen.

Cam Neely was once traded when it was not clear how his career would unfold. While Lucic will not reach that level, there is much to be said for sticking with a good player who is struggling, at least up to a point. I don't think we've reached that point.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Lucic deserves the benefit of the doubt in my opinion.

I know some people want to "trade him while his value is high" but I refuse to do that to him. Maybe there are personal issues (family or physical?).. baby/new daddy issues. Never got used to the shortened season? Who the hell knows. And I know for some people there is no excuse..

But I think there is a difference between wanting to ship him out of town and criticizing him. To those wanting him gone and want to get the best return possible... I just don't understand that. If he's still under-performing next season then I'll understand the notion of trading him at the deadline..

But it's been about ~40 games or so in this lockout season.. Not even close to being a good barometer for how he'll be for the rest of his career. He's still young and he's still a cult hero in Boston. He's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Kvartalnov_Fan

Stanley Cup Stupid!
Oct 18, 2002
Den of evil.Montreal
Visit site
The thing is, and I'll keep repeating myself until people accept it - it hasn't just been this season.

This season:

2011/12 Playoffs:
7GP 0G 3A

That's a full season worth of stats - 83GP 15G 36A 6 Fighting Majors (FWIW - 1 of those goals is an ENG).

While stats never tell the whole story, I think the numbers above are a good indication of the decline in Looch's play for the past 2 seasons.
Personally, I just don't see any snarl in his game anymore. However, that can be said about the Bruins as a team/whole. Maybe the issue runs deeper than just Lucic? Maybe he's just the most visible symptom of a much larger issue. This is not the same team that won the cup in 2011. That team was tough and mean. THIS team is just trying live off of the reputation of THAT team.

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
Mactavish hinted that they would love a player like Milan Lucic and there is talk of Eberle being moved...

http://spectorshockey.net/blog/latest-oilers-predators-and-lightning-rumors-april-18-2013/

Both being payed 6 Million dollars... do you pull the trigger??

One bad half-season and everyone is off the Lucic bandwagon. Its not coincidence that the Bruins turnaround started when this guy donned the black and gold. He is having a rough stretch, all players have them and it would be stupid to give up on him now. What is our teams identity if we start moving guys like Lucic?

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
One bad half-season and everyone is off the Lucic bandwagon. Its not coincidence that the Bruins turnaround started when this guy donned the black and gold. He is having a rough stretch, all players have them and it would be stupid to give up on him now. What is our teams identity if we start moving guys like Lucic?

not eveyone ;)

TSC*

Did you completely miss the post about 4 posts up that outline that this isn't a "one bad half-season?"

This has been going on for more than a full season at this point.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
No interest in trading Lucic. I think he'll turn it around in the playoffs, or hoopefully even before.

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
Did you completely miss the post about 4 posts up that outline that this isn't a "one bad half-season?"

This has been going on for more than a full season at this point.

I don't care what that posts says the stats line tells the truth. Last year he had his second best season in the league with 26 goals and 61 points. He also had 201 hits. Its a bad half season and thats it.

GodTukka*

I pull the trigger.

Love Eberle, he had a down year but it's probably more to do with the losing culture of the Oilers

That being said, Lucic isn't finished either. I'm willing to buy into the "bad half year" thing for now as long as it doesn't spill into next year

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
I withhold my judgement until we get into the playoffs. if he putters through again like the past few years then I would most definitely be willing to listen to an offer, especially if a player like eberle is on the table. he has 147 points in 189 games over three seasons, including this abbreviated lockout. If Lucic is to be traded this kid would definitely be tops on my lists as a return. Eberle has been at a .78 ppg pace where as lucic while over a longer career has about .59 ppg. pretty substantial difference, but Lucic has the physical aspect of the game where eberle uses the finesse.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
No interest in trading Lucic. I think he'll turn it around in the playoffs, or hoopefully even before.

Agreed. Lucic is too valuable of a player to trade away. Although he hasn't been that physical presence like the last couple of years, I do think he'll turn it around eventually. I think he needs some rest and hope he does get scratched for tomorrow's game. I think a few days away from hockey should do him some good.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

There are precious few players in this league I would trade Lucic for and Jordan Eberle isn't one of 'em.

I hate how everything Lucic has done to change the culture and identity of the Boston Bruins is weighed less than a subpar 40 games in a shortened season. Again, we have a bunch of ungrateful spoiled brats for fans.

GodTukka*

Originally Posted by Baddkarma View Post
To St. Louis:
Lucic
Krejci

To Boston:
Stewart
Backes

Oh hell no

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
Well done. All because we dared criticize the great luc. Carry on. You have changed. I remember you rarely argued with anyone or threw insults at anyone, but lately you seem to be doing the direct opposite. Anyways,I'm done debating this Lucic topic or any topic for that matter. It's just sports to be me and not the end of the world

The problem isn't that you are criticizing Lucic. Its that you posts your opinion as if its fact and it pisses people off.

"Lets face it, Lucic is overrated".

Might as well say "I'm right and you're wrong". If you wonder why people throw insults at you, its because you take an ill-informed and headstrong stance that reeks of ignorance and isn't backed up unless its by someone else. Feel free to stop debating until you can do it with a modicum of intelligence or tact.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

This season:

2011/12 Playoffs:
7GP 0G 3A

From your lips to God's ear...:laugh:

Why did you leave off the first half of last season and the year before? Doesn't fit the argument?

GodTukka*

In Lucic's defense the entire Bruins team kind of vanished after the all-star break.

I would do the deal for Eberle in a heartbeat..but i'd also be fine with waiting to see if Looch can bounce back

DOGSTARMAN

Aug 1, 2005
To St. Louis:
Lucic
Krejci

To Boston:
Stewart
Backes

Not sure about the exact trade I would consider, but these players from St. Louis are of interest to me (and I'm excluding a few that they just probably would not deal, like Pietrangelo).

Shattenkirk
Stewart
Oshie
Backes

Regarding Stewart vs Lucic, they have relative pros and cons. IMO, those are

Stewart
better pure goal scorer

Lucic
tougher

They have a lot of similarities, good and bad. I do think you get more goals in a typical season with Stewart, but if Lucic returns to form even that's pretty even.

But I like several St Louis players and would not mind getting a couple.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
It's hard to believe that people are seriously considering trading Lucic, but his play has been so uninspiring and that's why this comes up. I guess the key to me is what is causing this, is it that he is out of shape, personal problems, issues with teammates, etc. As frustrated as I am with his play I would not trade him unless he asks to be moved, we desperately need his physical presence. What's really puzzling to me is that you would think that his frustration would lead to some fights or increased physical play, but instead he has gone into a shell, he justs looks like he dosen't even want to be on the ice.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005

There are precious few players in this league I would trade Lucic for and Jordan Eberle isn't one of 'em.

I hate how everything Lucic has done to change the culture and identity of the Boston Bruins is weighed less than a subpar 40 games in a shortened season. Again, we have a bunch of ungrateful spoiled brats for fans.

The problem isn't that you are criticizing Lucic. Its that you posts your opinion as if its fact and it pisses people off.

I couldn't agree more with both of you.

and i would have loved to have been at Lou's house when Mrs. Lou defended Lucic. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad