Proposal: Summer Deal Lucic for Eberle??

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
It's not hard to get Lucic going.
Stick to the North-South game. (If I hear them say it again after he finally figures it out again I might flip my ****)
He is a horrid skater, so what is easier than driving hard to the net and taking up space? Nothing god damnit.
He is a good passer and it gets to his head. He can make some really nice passes and when he does he thinks he's Crosby out there and trying to go east-west, drop pass, oh **** I'm offsides again.
JUST HIT someone!! Fight! Thats the only way he can get into it. Pop some bodies and open up some space.
Skate straight, hit, punch, score. Yes, Milan, you are that stupid. Just ****ing do it.

TSC*

From your lips to God's ear...:laugh:

Why did you leave off the first half of last season and the year before? Doesn't fit the argument?

Because it shows that it hasn't just been this season. This poor stretch of play has been ongoing for over 80 games. Something happened halfway through last season where Lucic has been awful since.

TSC*

I don't care what that posts says the stats line tells the truth. Last year he had his second best season in the league with 26 goals and 61 points. He also had 201 hits. Its a bad half season and thats it.

No, it's not. My god look at the numbers. He has sucked for 80+ games. The STAT LINE proves that, never mind just watching him play.

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany
He's been crap all season. But no, you don't trade a player like that, especially at that age, after one crap season. Give him a chance to bounce back. Who knows what's going on health-wise or in his private life.

HereWeGoBRUINS92*

For Eberle? Sign me up.

Guy is a stud and quite honestly is a better hockey player than Looch. Love Looch, but he has seemed to have lost what made him the player he is paid like.

this.

Eberle is pure filth. i would definitely trade Looch for him.

BruinFanInToronto

Nov 14, 2008
Toronto
There is no way this team should or will trade Lucic. That's just a dumb move.

This.

Soon after if he was traded everyone here would be saying we need someone like a "Lucic".

You just don't trade guys like him because they don't come around to often.

Sure 6 million might be an over payment but if he was free agent he would have no problems getting that.

I say we wait till the off season to see if he has been playing injured.

That or maybe do you think he just a little gun shy because of the officiating this year?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
One bad half-season and everyone is off the Lucic bandwagon. Its not coincidence that the Bruins turnaround started when this guy donned the black and gold. He is having a rough stretch, all players have them and it would be stupid to give up on him now. What is our teams identity if we start moving guys like Lucic?

Not me :)

Love Looch....and he knows it :yo:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Among others this season, I've read numerous posters talking about sellers remorse for Benoit Pouliot.

If Lucic was traded, this place would be catatonic by the 2nd week of the first season without him.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

There are precious few players in this league I would trade Lucic for and Jordan Eberle isn't one of 'em.

I hate how everything Lucic has done to change the culture and identity of the Boston Bruins is weighed less than a subpar 40 games in a shortened season. Again, we have a bunch of ungrateful spoiled brats for fans.

You got that right.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
something is going on with him, we don't know all the variables. he may be injured. unsure. something is off.

while he's been frustrating, i suspect that whatever it is that it is correctable.

the game, or more, off for him will be good.

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany
Among others this season, I've read numerous posters talking about sellers remorse for Benoit Pouliot.

If Lucic was traded, this place would be catatonic by the 2nd week of the first season without him.

Very generous.
Imagine if he had a Howe hatty in his second game or something. :laugh:

Afam*

The problem isn't that you are criticizing Lucic. Its that you posts your opinion as if its fact and it pisses people off.

"Lets face it, Lucic is overrated".

Might as well say "I'm right and you're wrong". If you wonder why people throw insults at you, its because you take an ill-informed and headstrong stance that reeks of ignorance and isn't backed up unless its by someone else. Feel free to stop debating until you can do it with a modicum of intelligence or tact.

With all due respect you are wrong. I'm entitled too my opinions but more importantly everyone posts their opinions and believe it as facts. They lash out to those who offer a different opinion than them. I wouldn't name names but I know the people that do that.

It's very funny that I'm the only person getting called out whenever I make an opinion that people don't like like I'm suppose to kiss the bruins as. I never said my opinions are fact based. I have said numerous times that opinions are subject and not subjective meaning their are not grounded on facts but by some opinion. I simply have my opinion on what I thought about it. I stand by it until I find out that Lucic I get a valid reason that is ether injuries or he is dealing with some family issues then he gets a pass from me.

Look through this thread and you see they are quite a few posters that just told we make foolish posts because we gave our opinion on what we thought about Lucic. I would end by saying that when I post stuff, it has nothing to do with that in new in hockey. I have been watching hockey over 7 years now even before I became a Bruins fans. I try to educate myself on every aspect of the game, but that doesn't stop from giving my opinions. I love the Bruins hence why I'm here. If I'm wrong about something, correct me instead of calling me a Novice.Im talking in general terms.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Who the **** trades Lucic after one down year? Virtually every team in the league would love to have Looch. I still believe in Looch and don't want him going anywhere.

ElkabombKid9

May 18, 2007
Boston
Not sure if it's been mentioned and I'm sure it has, but Julien said he'd been dealing with "issues" anyone know what kind personal or what I'm guessing. Either way I don't think he's being used the right the right way up until the other night he in horton were constantly trotted out game after game at this point I'd rather see paille up there. I don't think they should trade him but... Well I dunno where he fits right now

ElkabombKid9

May 18, 2007
Boston
Its not our business thanks for letting me know... All I was saying is Julien and the rest of the coaching staff have been helping him through it. How does a guy go from playing on the first line for what two years than one Game on every other line to potentially being a healthy scratch.

Afam*

I wouldn't be posting here anymore. Thanks to the Great posters in knight of Boston, Mione for making it a fun experience for me to post here.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Its not our business thanks for letting me know... All I was saying is Julien and the rest of the coaching staff have been helping him through it. How does a guy go from playing on the first line for what two years than one Game on every other line to potentially being a healthy scratch.

You asked if anyone knew what "issues" they were. I gave my response. If you don't like it, I don't know what to say. This topic reeks to similar to the Thomas "issues" and nobody should go there.

As for the last part, you said you don't know where he fits right now. Maybe the coaching staff is thinking the same thing? There's a boatload of bodies now. There's going to be some experimentation.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Wait, I know that some of us are getting all over Lucic here, and we disagree on that. That's fine.

But some of you would actually NOT trade Lucic for Jordan Eberle, straight up? The same Jordan Eberle that's already had a 34 goal season (and almost ppg)? He's got 12 in a wretched system switch this year (that everyone on the Oilers board is complaining about).

That kid has Marty St Louis type RW potential, and is 2 years younger than Milan. You can't/don't trade Lucic without getting a left w back from them, so

Lucic+Peverely for Eberle+Parjaarvi

Marchand -Bergeron-Seguin (15.5m)
Soderberg-Krejci-Eberle (12.25m)
Parjaarvi-Kelly-Jagr (8m)
Paille-Campbell-Prospect or Thornton (4m)

Chara-Seidenberg (10m)
Hamilton-Boychuk (3m)
McQuaid-Redden (5m)

Rask (5.75m)
Backup (750k)

It's tight, but that's a nice team. It's also a very young team, where you draft hard at D to replace Chara/Redden/Seidenberg over the next 3 years.

PP1: Seguin-Krejci-Jagr-Eberle-Hamilton
PP2: Bergeron-Soderberg-Marchand-Chara-Redden

ORRMAN

Dec 3, 2008
Something is wrong with Lucic, and I have no idea what it is, but I do know he is a warrior when he's right. Believe.

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
something is going on with him, we don't know all the variables. he may be injured. unsure. something is off.

while he's been frustrating, i suspect that whatever it is that it is correctable.

the game, or more, off for him will be good.

His kid needs to turn 8 years old tomorrow. Boom, problem solved.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Just want to mention that with fighting in the playoffs really fairly minimal, I'd much rather have a working power play. That's my big motivation behind a Lucic-Eberle swap. That's about it, really beyond that and the 2 extra years of youth, I find it fairly lateral. But our PP has to get better. And you can't pay a guy 6m at the forward position and have him contribute nothing on a power play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad