Proposal: Summer Deal Lucic for Eberle??

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
I am not interested. Lucic has a package of skills that is so hard to find. I want them to find a way to light a fire under him and get him back to the Lucic of 2 years ago.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I am not interested. Lucic has a package of skills that is so hard to find. I want them to find a way to light a fire under him and get him back to the Lucic of 2 years ago.

With ya, not making excuses Scotto, but I`m not convinced at all he isn`t playing with an injury that is hampering his ability to either fight or hit with authority.

Wouldn`t at all be shocked if it`s a shoulder thing and I also wouldn`t doubt he is having sinus issues again. I can`t recall who the B`s were playing but Looch had the puck in his end, and an opponent made a play where he looked to almost side swipe Looch and it caught him right on the beak.

Problem is this, Looch is still hitting, but that hitting isn`t with any oomph and authority. Can`t convince me he`s one of those "I have my money" guys, many I will say they are, not with Looch though.

His play last night showed me something is wrong, playing the 4th with energy guys and having no energy to his game.

Eberle is a nice player, this team cannot afford to lose forward toughness.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
There has one or more of the following problems.

1. Big time personal problems
2. An injury
3. Out of Shape
4. Satisifed as an athlete.

I'm thinking he has 1 and 3 right now. He will be fine next year.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
With ya, not making excuses Scotto, but I`m not convinced at all he isn`t playing with an injury that is hampering his ability to either fight or hit with authority.

Wouldn`t at all be shocked if it`s a shoulder thing and I also wouldn`t doubt he is having sinus issues again. I can`t recall who the B`s were playing but Looch had the puck in his end, and an opponent made a play where he looked to almost side swipe Looch and it caught him right on the beak.

Problem is this, Looch is still hitting, but that hitting isn`t with any oomph and authority. Can`t convince me he`s one of those "I have my money" guys, many I will say they are, not with Looch though.

His play last night showed me something is wrong, playing the 4th with energy guys and having no energy to his game.

you might be right but we wont know until at least the season is over if ever. He doesn't come accross as a guy who likes to lose to me.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Cue the 'MacT said he wants a Lucic type so let's trade him to Edmonton' trade proposals. I expect at least 25 to 30 by the end of the regular season.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

He is at the bench many times bench over with his head in his lap...maybe tired, maybe injury...

I called him out the other night and my wife got pretty angry with me...She said you have no idea what's going on in his life, and you know he's better then he shows..maybe you should give him the benefit of the doubt that something is wrong with him...

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
you might be right but we wont know until at least the season is over if ever. He doesn't come accross as a guy who likes to lose to me.

Nope, I read one post from a "fan" who mocked that because he was married, he`s got his $$, has a child now, he`s done playing with passion.....a joke from a "fan" of a comment.

Something is wrong, and if it isn`t, I`d be shocked.

Duguay

Stay at home Forward
Mar 5, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Lootch is a concern right now, and there must be something in there that is hampering him.

But, you can't trade Lootch, without replacing what he is capable of bringing this team.

I suspect you'd have 29 GM's all interested in asking what it takes to get #17.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
He is at the bench many times bench over with his head in his lap...maybe tired, maybe injury...

I called him out the other night and my wife got pretty angry with me...She said you have no idea what's going on in his life, and you know he's better then he shows..maybe you should give him the benefit of the doubt that something is wrong with him...

Not sure it`s fatigue Whammer, I notice that when he leads with his right shoulder on a hit, that hit seems to be less authoritative, something I noticed last night, when he leads with his left, more power behind the hits and I mentioned earlier, he got sideswiped a few weeks back, clipped him right on the nose (recall he had some major sinus issues a year or so ago) and this could be why he is not shying away from, but being forced from not scrapping.

He`s never been hesitant to drop them when the time is right, for him not to drop them at all......that isn`t him losing passion/will, for me, it`s all due to the fact that he just can`t right now. Horty on the other hand???....gutless, sorry for being so harsh but..

bostonphoenix

Jan 13, 2011
Maybe instead od all these excuses its as simple as he isn't the player he once was.

Get him out of here. If he's injured for the second season then there's absolutely the same chance hell be injured the next.

I feel he is out of shape and satisfied.

Every player has to deal with their personal lives. Personal problems are bad. But if any of us posted a 12 months like he has we would be fired.

Kaoz*

Milan Lucic - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Taylor Hall

That line would be one of if not the scariest line in the NHL in short order, and would have Boston fans pining away for a Milan Lucic type player for the next 32 years.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Maybe instead od all these excuses its as simple as he isn't the player he once was.

Get him out of here. If he's injured for the second season then there's absolutely the same chance hell be injured the next.

Every player has to deal with their personal lives. Personal problems are bad. But if any of us posted a 12 months like he has we would be fired.

So a guy who has busted his arse, overcoming all the naysayers for years has now mailed it in?? brilliant:shakehead

Love to read your performance review from your boss, I`m sure it`s spotless

I`ll personally apologize to you if true, but I suspect I won`t owe you that apology once the year ends

rainone99

Dec 21, 2010
Montreal
Cue the 'MacT said he wants a Lucic type so let's trade him to Edmonton' trade proposals. I expect at least 25 to 30 by the end of the regular season.

At his Press Conference on Monday with the media... There’s no question the Oilers need more size and skill to complement the draft picks they have accumulated through their losing seasons, but how MacTavish will acquire these players remains to be seen. As he said himself, every team wants a Milan Lucic in their lineup, but will the Oilers have to draft and develop some big, gritty, skilled forwards, or, trade some assets to acquire one sooner?

Read more: http://www.edmontonjournal.com/spor...thing+around/8246610/story.html#ixzz2Qort0rwa

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
For Eberle? Sign me up.

Guy is a stud and quite honestly is a better hockey player than Looch. Love Looch, but he has seemed to have lost what made him the player he is paid like.

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009

This...100%. The guy SUCKED last years PO and has now followed up that with a horrible 42 game stint
in 2012-13. IMO though there are 29 GM that would give up their #1 pick for him still.

If whomever gets the #1 - # 5 pick would give it for him do you pull the trigger?

AgainstTheGrain8

Mar 17, 2008
Quebec, QC

2. An injury
3. Out of Shape

That's what I think too.
He didn't seem to do his homework in the off-season as far as staying in shape goes. I guess that's a maturity thing, and hopefully he'll realize he needs that discipline sooner than later.

And pure speculation but with the reported incident with his girlfriend, maybe she's some kind of drama queen? Maybe they have some sort of toxic relationship? Maybe he's tough to live with? Add a newborn baby on top of that and maybe the worry and lack of sleep pile up on the "out of shapeness".

I sure wouldn't trade him before giving him a year or two to get his act together, even at the risk of lowering his trade value.

bostonphoenix

Jan 13, 2011
So a guy who has busted his arse, overcoming all the naysayers for years has now mailed it in?? brilliant:shakehead

Love to read your performance review from your boss, I`m sure it`s spotless

I`ll personally apologize to you if true, but I suspect I won`t owe you that apology once the year ends

Hell my job performance is not spotless.

Regardless. If he's hurt this season he has every chance of the same injury concerns he's now had 2 years.

Even at the beginning of this season, hypothetically when he was healthy he didn't play well. How do you write that off?

There are better ways to spend 6million a year in cap world.

I can't imagine us getting anything great for him but trade him.

If he plays of old in the playoffs I will apologize to you. If he comes out injured I won't.

While you may want to compare me to him I don't get paid anything close to what he does. He is paid to perform and even if he has naysayers he has to perform. He hasn't.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

2. An injury
3. Out of Shape

This is my guess. Lots of life changes with a newborn by itself, but if there were any health issues with the baby or wife (remember he left the team briefly for personal reasons), than that could easily make him loose focus.

Kaoz*

For Eberle? Sign me up.

Guy is a stud and quite honestly is a better hockey player than Looch. Love Looch, but he has seemed to have lost what made him the player he is paid like.

This is true. Honestly not sure what's going on with him this year, doesn't seem at all willing to engage, is even actively looking to avoid doing so (which makes me think injury). That said, it's hard to ignore the larger sample size, and it's hard to say because of these last 30 games that this is who Milan Lucic now is. That seems incredibly short sighted.

Were I a betting man, whatever the issue may now be I would think it was a temporary thing. Until this season he's easily been the most intimidating top 6 forward in the league. I wouldn't deal that Milan Lucic for Jordan Eberle, Lucic brings too much more to the table.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

I don't want guys who need "fires lit under them".

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA

your opinion and your entitled to it but I disagree and think he needs to stay a Bruin and just get back on track be it healty or in his head.

You call it an excuse and he is not hte player he once was. I say there is a reason he is not the player he once was and if he can get that all set he will be a force once again.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Hell my job performance is not spotless.

Regardless. If he's hurt this season he has every chance of the same injury concerns he's now had 2 years.

Even at the beginning of this season, hypothetically when he was healthy he didn't play well. How do you write that off?

There are better ways to spend 6million a year in cap world.

I can't imagine us getting anything great for him but trade him.

If he plays of old in the playoffs I will apologize to you. If he comes out injured I won't.

While you may want to compare me to him I don't get paid anything close to what he does. He is paid to perform and even if he has naysayers he has to perform. He hasn't.

Don`t hold your breath about him all of a sudden bringing "it" come playoff time.

There was no issues with Looch`s regular season last year, but like EVERY Bruin, he underwhelmed in the playoffs. I thought he looked real solid early in the year, something has happened, and he`s playing through it and lose the "he gets 6 mill arguement", yes he`s paid to perform, but he`s also a human being playing at an elite level and if he isn`t 100% physically (which I have little doubt about) he can`t play at that level.

Sorry, Julien doesn`t just put Looch on the 4th line for no reason, that move is/was all about insulating IMO

Wonder how long it would take for the "fans" here to scream at Chia if Looch were elsewhere?? I`ll wager about 1 pre season game

rainone99

Dec 21, 2010
Montreal

2. An injury
3. Out of Shape

What about number 5??

5. Does not wanna play the same style he played with when he came into the league, his body just is not able to do it anymore or unwilling to sacrifice as he previously did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad