Speculation: Summer Baggage Thread

Avs44

May 16, 2011
The Preds have never been a team to go with a really high end offense. They'll make do with Bonino in a top six role with Fisher / Jarnkrok / Sissons and so on filling out the bottom six centre spots. They're out on Duchene. I don't expect they were ever really in it, to be honest, since Sakic seems insistent on a top four D.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Agreed on all account.

Also I dont think Fischer is coming back.

The guys on TSN just said the Bonino signings is a strong indicator of where Mike Fischer is at with the organization and that Bonino is probably his replacement.

Unfortunately I cant see them taking a 6M Duchene if RyJo is wanting whats been rumored.

Murray + Jenner + is looking like the return now which is very disappointing as I dont like Murray at all.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
The Preds have never been a team to go with a really high end offense. They'll make do with Bonino in a top six role with Fisher / Jarnkrok / Sissons and so on filling out the bottom six centre spots. They're out on Duchene. I don't expect they were ever really in it, to be honest, since Sakic seems insistent on a top four D.

If Sakic doesn't get a top 4 D for Dutch, he might as well take a futures package, because our D prospects are at least a few years away.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I think they were in it until they lost out on Alzner. Then they most likely reverted to plan B.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Agreed on all account.

Also I dont think Fischer is coming back.

The guys on TSN just said the Bonino signings is a strong indicator of where Mike Fischer is at with the organization and that Bonino is probably his replacement.

Unfortunately I cant see them taking a 6M Duchene if RyJo is wanting whats been rumored.

Murray + Jenner + is looking like the return now which is very disappointing as I dont like Murray at all.

I'll be pleased if Sakic gets that. Not because it's an amazing return, but because he'll have actually moved Duchene and moved the franchise forward from this goddam fiasco.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don't think Nashville improved their offence with the Bonino and Hartnell signings, but this speculation is probably dead now.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I don't think Nashville improved their offence with the Bonino and Hartnell signings, but this speculation is probably dead now.

I wouldn't say that. It looks like they should still have the cap space, and they can't possibly see Bonino as a 2C.

That's if Sakic takes his head out of his ass and doesn't demand a top4 D

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
With Radulov signing with Dallas for 6 years at $6.25M @ 31 years and Marleau for the same average for 3 year @ 38 years old; Duchene looks absolutely cheap for $6M for 2 years @ 26 years old.

Sakic better get this deal, there might not be a better time to trade him when his value has just gone up!

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Duchene's value actually went down after Johansson went to Devils for 2nd and 3rd round pics.

More Sakic waits, lesser he's gonna get in return if he in fact trades Duchene. At the end of the day he's gonna wait too long and forced to make a panic trade, because i still don't think Duchene is gonna be willing to resign with the Avs after all this drama.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
Duchene's value actually went down after Johansson went to Devils for 2nd and 3rd round pics.

More Sakic waits, lesser he's gonna get in return if he in fact trades Duchene. At the end of the day he's gonna wait too long and forced to make a panic trade, because i still don't think Duchene is gonna be willing to resign with the Avs after all this drama.

maybe with a NMC and too much $/term. but we dont want that

arun

Click here to hide this advertisement
Jun 23, 2016
Holland
"For a player of Duchene's caliber and pedigree, he needs to ask the world"

"The fan base would not accept anything less than a king’s ransom for one of the faces of the franchise. Nor should they."

A 60 point C is not worth the world or a kings ransom.

Also, he is not supposed to be undersold just because people on a forum are way too eager to move our best player and used to making trades in frikking NHL17 in a heartbeat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad