Speculation: Summer Baggage Thread

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
That sounds fantastic!! Like a banger-in-the-mouth!!!

giphy.webp

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
You don't trade an asset like Duchene for potential depth players only.

That sounds horrible..

You get 1st round picks + a high quality prospect + another decent piece if possible.

You never make a trade solely to acquire potential depth pieces IMO.

So something like Sorokin + 1st + 1st? :naughty:

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
So something like Sorokin + 1st + 1st? :naughty:

No because Sorokin just signed a 3 year extension in the KHL which makes him basically worthless or atleast not worth all that much given that I have my doubts if he ever makes the jump before he can forego the whole ELC part of the CBA...

I still wouldn't settle for any Islanders prospects aside from Barzal even if they add their 2 1sts unless Beauvillier still counts as prospect.

My ask from them still would be Beauvillier + 2 1st +2nd + Kulemin for Duchene if Barzal is off the table...

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
They drafted Makar, and have decent d prospects that can very well become very good top 4 d-men in the near future, i just don't see why even trade Duchene for another unknown prospect or a draft pick.

Makar is 3-4 years away. Duchene won't be on the team by then

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Whenever he is coming hopefully we have some semblance of a D core/system by then that can insulate him cause right now he'd get straight up murdered out there

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Whenever he is coming hopefully we have some semblance of a D core/system by then that can insulate him cause right now he'd get straight up murdered out there

Nah we're really deep on the right side. ;)

EJ
Barrie
Mironov
Lindholm
Meloche
Makar

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Duchene for Josi

Duchene for Ekholm

Preds probably won't trade Josi but the other one could be possible. I wonder if Sakic even considered Duchene for Ekholm straight up, or he probably asked Ekholm +++

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
He probably did and got shut down.

I don't know, I think Duchene for Ekholm is fair since the same Preds traded Jones for Johansen straight up. I think Sakic probably went over board again and asked for pick and prospect if he made an offer for Ekholm

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I think this has already been discussed

“Nashville is a really interesting one,†continued Friedman on the Duchene trade front. “I think they’ve asked Nashville for Ekholm. And Nashville doesn’t want to do that. If Colorado was going to make that trade, that’s a heck of a return. After watching Ekholm in the playoffs, holy cow is that guy a great player. Nashville doesn’t want to do that and not only that, but he’s signed to a great contract. So I think they’re just going to hold out here.â€

The Predators have Ekholm locked down to a bargain six-year, $22.5 million contract, in which he’s entering Year Two. His cap hit is only $3.75 million, and his salary in the final season of that deal will be $5 million. Ekholm does not, incidentally, have any trade protection in that pact.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Yeah I get that they've asked for Ekholm, but was it Ekholm straight up or did Sakic go crazy and ask for Ekholm + that's why Preds said they're not interested. Because all the reports are that Sakic is asking for roster player a pick and prospect from everyone.

El_Loco_Avs

Jul 6, 2003
The Netherlands
Yeah I get that they've asked for Ekholm, but was it Ekholm straight up or did Sakic go crazy and ask for Ekholm + that's why Preds said they're not interested. Because all the reports are that Sakic is asking for roster player a pick and prospect from everyone.

I think Sakic is smart enough to realize that Ekholm has way more value than those other guys though. And Nashville is smart enough to know that their top 4 D should stay together. They can make another run next year trying to stay healthy with Johanson and everyone.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
That's the problem, it's unclear what Sakic really wants, all we know that he wants ton in return as if he thinks he's trading Gretzky or something.

We don't know that though. You assume that he is asking for that.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
We don't know that though. You assume that he is asking for that.

Well i'm not just assuming, it was reported by many who followed the whole Duchene trade story that Sakic is asking for way too much and no GM is willing to give what he wants, and one or two GM's actually said that Sakic asking for way too much and they actually chuckled at the asking price.

Not making this stuff up, it was reported.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
He most would, but I suggest that Ekholm is probably the most available out of Preds top 4 defenders. From the playoffs that Ellis just had, he's close to untouchable IMO.
I don't think poile is gonna come off ekholms as I don't think he should. eks and pk line was probably the best line in the playoff. and the fact that eks is under contract for 5 more years at 3.75 is an absolute steal. Ellis did show out in the playoffs as he has been showing out the last 2 years and I would hate to lose him. but he is the most likely top 4 we would get rid of imo. he only has 2 more years of his contract like duchene. but unlike duchene I think you could sign him long term and he would be that leader on your d Corp that y all need. poile has to realize that bones is not a 2nd line center and duchene would instantly make our younger guys like aberg and fiala better. I would say Ellis kamanev and 2018 1st

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Well i'm not just assuming, it was reported by many who followed the whole Duchene trade story that Sakic is asking for way too much and no GM is willing to give what he wants, and one or two GM's actually said that Sakic asking for way too much and they actually chuckled at the asking price.

Not making this stuff up, it was reported.

It was more than two?. Dorion/Melnyk were obviously the big ones, but I thought Jarmo and Francis spoke about the asking price being unreasonable as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad