Summer 2018 pre-seaon friendlies/tournaments.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I mean if nothing else. Gosh darn Napoli is well dressed.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Both kits are fresh. I have a soft spot for the purple as that was our team color in high school, and we wore all purple with silver helmets.
I havent warmed up to Ribena kits yet. I'm a bit spoiled because last year was the best kit range they have had in a long time.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Milner had a clash with a Napoli player and opened his head up. Feel like he would have stayed in if it was a meaningful game though

Also Firmino had a goals incorrectly waived off for offsides

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It's like having 11 players in the field with Alisson there. Some ridiculous passing this game.
He can make a few bungles here or there if he makes up for it with his passing. Offense from the keeper is going to be something to watch. Liverpool are going to go down the pitch on the counter at break neck pace. Salah and Mane have to be licking their chops

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Curtis Jones looks like a future player. Love me some local lads coming through. Also possibly the most British name ever

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I feel like every season Moreno scores a stunner at some point and you have this inkling of thought that he might be good this year and then that goal is the only thing he does all season.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I was wrong earlier, Torreira started and Guendouzi is on the bench.
but impressed with Iwobi as he had the brightest performance of the first half.
...pretty pissed that Lacazette is not getting the service, as some players are failing him, he could have at least a couple if Nketiah and Maitland-Niles had the where with all and vision to find him.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I feel like every season Moreno scores a stunner at some point and you have this inkling of thought that he might be good this year and then that goal is the only thing he does all season.

He sucks. Even when he plays well, you get the feeling he could be much more.

I have never been the one to predict good things for Liverpool at the start of the season, everyone who's been here knows that I never do. They should challenge for every trophy this year though. The amount of game changing players Liverpool has this year is incredible. Strong in absolutely every area, my favorite being midfield, with six strong midfielders and a good youngster pushing on. Our backups are good everywhere except at the left side, but there are ways to change the formation in order to keep things very strong. Keita is also an option for #10 in an injury crisis. They should consider making Origi unhappy and use him for depth on that left side.

I am pumped up. Our team didn't only show talent, they looked slick in every way. Passed their way through a good Napoli team at their leisure. That being said, I think Napoli is going to struggle this season to some extent as they have a major hole in midfield.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Lyon trying to end Martinez career before it starts...

Bagged another goal... I thought he'd get easied in but he might just hit the ground running at this point.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
He sucks. Even when he plays well, you get the feeling he could be much more.

I have never been the one to predict good things for Liverpool at the start of the season, everyone who's been here knows that I never do. They should challenge for every trophy this year though. The amount of game changing players Liverpool has this year is incredible. Strong in absolutely every area. Our backups are good everywhere except at the left side, but there are ways to change the formation in order to keep things very strong. Keita is also an option for #10 in an injury crisis. They should consider making Origi unhappy and use him for depth on that left side.

I am pumped up. Our team didn't only show talent, they looked slick in every way. Passed their way through a good Napoli team at their leisure. That being said, I think Napoli is going to struggle this season to some extent as they have a major hole in midfield.
While I totally agree that they have game changing talent, do they have enough depth to challenge on every front? I am honestly asking not implying that they don't. I mean I know they have a fantastic starting 11 but I just don't know enough about their bench to know if they are good enough. Looking at their roster the weaknesses on the bench I see are CM (don't think that Lallana, Henderson, or Wjnaldum are good enough), CB (Lovren is good but has some major flaws and Klavan isn't good enough), LW (there's really no one), ST (unless Sturrige can keep healthy).

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
While I totally agree that they have game changing talent, do they have enough depth to challenge on every front? I am honestly asking not implying that they don't. I mean I know they have a fantastic starting 11 but I just don't know enough about their bench to know if they are good enough.

They may, the front three doesn't have amazing depth so time will tell. Defense and midfield sure do though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad