Summer 2018 pre-seaon friendlies/tournaments.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
United with 34% possession in the first half, yet had more shots on goal and more goals. **** statistics...
Just remember the CL game several years ago between Celtic and Barcelona where Celtic had possession for under a minute total and won 1-0.

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
I'm liking what I'm seeing from Fredge. Very dynamic player.

With all the talk about Shaw slimming down, he still looks as fat as ever, and has been ineffective every single game. Darmian's still so poor. The state of our fullbacks is just sad.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

With all the talk about Shaw slimming down, he still looks as fat as ever, and has been ineffective every single game. Darmian's still so poor. The state of our fullbacks is just sad.
Darmian hasn’t been bad. Maybe not great but would be okay as a backup option. Shaw hasn’t been good at all. Young was good in the WC so hopefully he can continue to be passable at club level. Valencia is still good enough. Dalot is a wild card.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Just watch Young get an assist and/or goal in the season opener.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Darmian hasn’t been bad. Maybe not great but would be okay as a backup option. Shaw hasn’t been good at all. Young was good in the WC so hopefully he can continue to be passable at club level. Valencia is still good enough. Dalot is a wild card.

Dalot also won't be available until September.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I’d say he’s maybe not a major defensive liability but he is a bit of one.

Valencia makes more defensive errors than Young these days. Seriously, Young has rarely made glaring defensive mistakes than the ones Valencia makes at a worrying pace. That has been a surprising development.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Valencia makes more defensive errors than Young these days. Seriously, Young has rarely made glaring defensive mistakes than the ones Valencia makes at a worrying pace. That has been a surprising development.
I feel like they both aren’t great defensively. I would love to get someone like Sandro and we should have went after Vrsaljko or Cancelo or even Arias.

Theon

No longer Reek
Jan 17, 2008
Stockholm
Just watch Young get an assist and/or goal in the season opener.

Yeah, it's gotten to the point where I actually miss Ashley Young...

Also I disagree about Darmian. I realize he has an assist in this on but he's been terribad once again. His first instinct is never to look up and find a man, it's always to hoof it. He always treats the ball like its hot potato and can't or won't make any attempts to take a man on. Easily my least favorite United player and it's shameful that it's gotten to the point that he (and Shaw) will most likely begin the season as starters.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Nice steal by Sergi and a nice team goal scored by Rafinha. Should have been 2-0 too after Munir didn't put away Malcom's pass. Liking Malcom (on the right where he should be) in these opening minutes.

Fred did look good. Shaw looked like he tried out for the wrong type of football team. Looked twice as thick as every other player on the pitch.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Nice steal by Sergi and a nice team goal scored by Rafinha. Should have been 2-0 too after Munir didn't put away Malcom's pass. Liking Malcom (on the right where he should be) in these opening minutes.

Fred did look good. Shaw looked like he tried out for the wrong type of football team. Looked twice as thick as every other player on the pitch.
Fred was fun to watch. He will look great with Pogba and Matic. I don't really care how Shaw looks if he can still run and play but he can't. He really isn't as fast as he was pre injury. Alexis looked good too. Bailly looked serviceable and will look much better with a ball playing CB (so either a new signing or Lindelof). TFM will be a good backup. Darmian too (in my mind at least). Pereira obviously looked good and he will allow Matic some rest. I think that this team will be better this season if we can get someone that can play RW and a new defender (whether it's a fullback and they trust Lindelof or a CB and they trust Young/Valencia).

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Tap-in for Malcom, but I'll take it. Hopefully it builds his confidence. He also had a nice touch in the first goal.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Oh man does Oliver Skipp excite me. So good for a 17 y/o.

Posh really likes Amos, too, it appears.

'Luke Amos is a good example. He played three games (on tour) and maybe he doesn’t have experience of the Premier League but he showed in the three games that this is not a problem. Maybe he’s going to play before a senior player. I am more than brave.’

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Posh really likes Amos, too, it appears.

'Luke Amos is a good example. He played three games (on tour) and maybe he doesn’t have experience of the Premier League but he showed in the three games that this is not a problem. Maybe he’s going to play before a senior player. I am more than brave.’

I thought he made a few mistakes, but I appreciate his workrate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad