Summer 2018 pre-seaon friendlies/tournaments.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Wijnaldum and Henderson not being good enough is one of the weirdest persistent myths on this board. They're not elite but they're very good to even great depending on the day, and most importantly both thrive under Klopp.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Watched 45 minutes of Puig and he was stellar... it's early days and I don't want to get carried away but he looks to be a gem.

Him and Alena might finally be la masia products to breakout in recent years for Barca.

Reactions: les Habs

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Well Milan winning didn't remotely reflect the match itself. I could care less though since I liked a lot of what I saw:

-For me Arthur should be a starter. Busquets, Arthur and... depends on if we go 4-3-3, but for me Arthur should be a starter. He was good throughout, but he had a fantastic first half.
-Puig's best match all preseason if you ask me and the kid has the goods. He can easily handle himself with the big boys.
-Once again Valverde puts Malcom out on the left for the majority of the match and for no good reason. WTF did we sign him for if he's going to be played out of position when Messi, Suarez and Dembele aren't even playing? Of course he wasn't necessary to begin with and I'd have preferred Neres, but don't get me wrong as I think Malcom is quality and I have nothing against him.
-Another good performance from Rafinha.
-Alcacer was almost non-existent. He can be sold.
-Munir can be sold. Can't believe he's still on the books.
-I thought this was Lenglet's best performance so far.
-Marlon played well.
-Once again the CBs after those two, well the one who played, demonstrated he's not good enough as that's the reason they scored.
-Miranda played well.
-Semedo should start and Sergi should be in the midfield. Vidal signing was completely unnecessary if you ask me.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Well Milan winning didn't remotely reflect the match itself. I could care less though since I liked a lot of what I saw:

-For me Arthur should be a starter. Busquets, Arthur and... depends on if we go 4-3-3, but for me Arthur should be a starter. He was good throughout, but he had a fantastic first half.
-Puig's best match all preseason if you ask me and the kid has the goods. He can easily handle himself with the big boys.
-Once again Valverde puts Malcom out on the left for the majority of the match and for no good reason. WTF did we sign him for if he's going to be played out of position when Messi, Suarez and Dembele aren't even playing? Of course he wasn't necessary to begin with and I'd have preferred Neres, but don't get me wrong as I think Malcom is quality and I have nothing against him.
-Another good performance from Rafinha.
-Alcacer was almost non-existent. He can be sold.
-Munir can be sold. Can't believe he's still on the books.
-I thought this was Lenglet's best performance so far.
-Marlon played well.
-Once again the CBs after those two, well the one who played, demonstrated he's not good enough as that's the reason they scored.
-Miranda played well.
-Semedo should start and Sergi should be in the midfield. Vidal signing was completely unnecessary if you ask me.
Are you suggesting that Barca starts Arthur-Busquets-Sergi? Just curious. Could be a really good midfield. The one problem I see is that they spent so much money on both Coutinho and Dembélé that I doubt they bench both.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Are you suggesting that Barca starts Arthur-Busquets-Sergi? Just curious. Could be a really good midfield. The one problem I see is that they spent so much money on both Coutinho and Dembélé that I doubt they bench both.

I'm only suggest they start Busquets and Arthur. After that I'm somewhat open. I think you could add Coutinho to that midfield and play Dembele wide left with Suarez in the middle and Messi somewhat inside right. Semedo would provide the width on the right then. Odd man out there is Rakitic, but I don't see Arthur getting a full season and Rakitic riding the bench.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Arthur is fantastic, I'm not surprised by him turning heads in the preseason. He should've been in Brazil WC roster over Fred without a single doubt. He plays like Xavi but is better defensively.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium

I only watched the highlights but yeah the kid looks legit. Even though he looks like a 14 year old boy :laugh:

I'm only suggest they start Busquets and Arthur. After that I'm somewhat open. I think you could add Coutinho to that midfield and play Dembele wide left with Suarez in the middle and Messi somewhat inside right. Semedo would provide the width on the right then. Odd man out there is Rakitic, but I don't see Arthur getting a full season and Rakitic riding the bench.

Also I'd hate to just bench Rakitic after the season he had last year and his performance at the WC as well.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Community Shield today. Chelsea resting all their guys who played serious minutes in the WC - no Hazard, Courtois, Giroud, Kanté. Callum Hudson Odoi starts, as does Ross Barkley. 4-3-3.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
I only watched the highlights but yeah the kid looks legit. Even though he looks like a 14 year old boy :laugh:

Also I'd hate to just bench Rakitic after the season he had last year and his performance at the WC as well.
Rakitic probably played over 70 matches last season and will have had a very short break this summer. he will need to be rested more frequently this season, especially since hes in his 30s now.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Rakitic probably played over 70 matches last season and will have had a very short break this summer. he will need to be rested more frequently this season, especially since hes in his 30s now.
I could see the first choice team being something like Dembélé-Suarez-Messi with Malcom and Coutinho rotating in (they really need a new 9) and then in the midfield, Rakitic-Busquets-Coutinho with Arthur, Roberto, and the young players rotating in. I think this is so much better than what they’ve put out the last few seasons.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Chelsea started a B squad and still played fairly well. Not too bad.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
United starting what looks pretty close to the 11 for Friday’s game.

Alexis-Rashford-Mata
Fred-Pereira-Herrera
Shaw-Lindelof-Bailly-Darmian
De Gea

Only changes that might happen between now and Friday and Lingard and Matic in. I think that this will be what we start with though. Also Rashford now wears 10.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Pretty good showing from the Arsenal in the preseason, just have one loss against Atletico where the goalkeeper freakishly stopped three penalties in a row. I am not expecting title since the defencive issues are still quite present, but I don't think its wrong to say that we can beat a declining Chelsea squad or an average Spurs squad to a CL spot.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
United starting what looks pretty close to the 11 for Friday’s game.

Alexis-Rashford-Mata
Fred-Pereira-Herrera
Shaw-Lindelof-Bailly-Darmian
De Gea

Only changes that might happen between now and Friday and Lingard and Matic in. I think that this will be what we start with though. Also Rashford now wears 10.

He's injured. No return date at physioroom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad