Summer 2018 pre-seaon friendlies/tournaments.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
He’s not right. He’s a dickhead.

It’s a preseason game. Play the kids, see what you have with players you’re seeing. Instead he’s touring the States crying all summer cause he didn’t get his transfer targets - which mind you are two 60m, 29 year old London rejects.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
He’s not right. He’s a ********.

It’s a preseason game. Play the kids, see what you have with players you’re seeing. Instead he’s touring the States crying all summer cause he didn’t get his transfer targets - which mind you are two 60m, 29 year old London rejects.
Yeah I don’t think anyone is saying he’s right. Saying that’s Alexis has to do everything by himself when Pereira looks fantastic is worrying.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If you're the manager you have to teach youngsters how to play football and make them feel better about playing football. It's as simple as that.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Not to mention, you’re a CL club who are one of the biggest in the world with a long tradition of player development. The act is tired and it’s related to the fact that he hasn’t been given the budget he’d like, while others around him are doing more. But he’s trying to sell a narrative to cover his own failings.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Telling fans that they shouldn't pay to watch them play. What an idiot.

And yet there will still be supporters backing him up.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I am re-watching the game from the Arsenal player and holy **** we actually have a manager who doesn't sit down for majority of the game.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Emery never sits it seems. :laugh:
I total 180 in what we had with Wenger. :laugh:

Everyone has already said everything about Arsenal, but I was quite impressed by Christopher Nkunku on PSG's side. Not sure how much potential he has, but shined against majority of Arsenal's first team.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Weah has had a good preseason with PSG. I think I'd rather he stay with PSG than a loan, especially if Guedes leaves. He'll likely play some games. Doesn't need to play every week. I think he'll benefit more from playing in a good team where his team has the ball all game than for a team that doesn't. 15 games for PSG is probably better than 35 for a team that sucks, and he can't really play well in.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Weah has had a good preseason with PSG. I think I'd rather he stay with PSG than a loan, especially if Guedes leaves. He'll likely play some games. Doesn't need to play every week. I think he'll benefit more from playing in a good team where his team has the ball all game than for a team that doesn't. 15 games for PSG is probably better than 35 for a team that sucks, and he can't really play well in.
I mean if he can head somewhere where he can play every week and has the ball I would be okay with that. He should be playing every week. Maybe like a Europa league team.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I mean if he can head somewhere where he can play every week and has the ball I would be okay with that. He should be playing every week. Maybe like a Europa league team.

That wouldn't be bad, but do you really think he's going to get that type of loan? I don't think so. Likely low-level Ligue One.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Telling fans that they shouldn't pay to watch them play. What an idiot.

And yet there will still be supporters backing him up.
Frankly the guy is my hero for telling the truth about how these things are a garbage cash grab/waste of money. People are paying $400 to see the game tonight in Miami, which is more than the cost of my Red Bulls season tickets. And before someone chimes in with "mls iznt reel futboll lik yurop lolz" I'll point out that $400 is more than seasons for many teams in the Bundesliga, La Liga, Seria A, Ligue 1 and even a few Premier League teams.

Reactions: Basement Cat

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Pereira was the only player that looked decent against Liverpool.

Many fans will never get the opportunity to view these teams live if not for these tournaments and the quality of football is still much better than the local teams.

Is it a cash grab? Sure, but it also makes a lot of people happy and gives them a chance to see people and teams they idolize.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad