Summer 2018 pre-seaon friendlies/tournaments.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
We've needed a player who can score a worldie like that from basically non-chances. Most of his goals are like that too. It's the basics that he struggles with, but on the bench as a last twenty-thirty minutes option, he could be huge business for the club.

It's one thing to be a big player for teams like Hull and Stoke as Robertson and Shaqiri were. It's different for a player to be just one of the boys on a big team and hopefully it will work out as Robertson did.

Reactions: Chimaera

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
The commentators were kinda funny for the Liverpool United game. While there’s a ton missing for both sides, it’s not like United were playing nobody. There’s a number of players who are key members of the squad. Liverpool are missing a ton as well.

I wouldn’t consider this much of anything, but it’s not like Liverpool had all the starters against United’s u23

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The commentators were kinda funny for the Liverpool United game. While there’s a ton missing for both sides, it’s not like United were playing nobody. There’s a number of players who are key members of the squad. Liverpool are missing a ton as well.

I wouldn’t consider this much of anything, but it’s not like Liverpool had all the starters against United’s u23

Are you suggesting that it doesnt' show in the performance if United don't have none of Valencia, Young, Rojo, Matic, Pogba, Fred, Fellaini, Lukaku, Rashford, Martial available for the game?

Who were Liverpool missing apart from Henderson? Lovren?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

I mean United are missing a ton of key pieces. They might have squad members but they aren't key. There's like one that would be starting maybe two. I know what you mean though. The ESPN announcers have been insufferable.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Are you suggesting that it doesnt' show in the performance if United don't have none of Valencia, Young, Rojo, Matic, Pogba, Fred, Fellaini, Lukaku, Rashford, Martial available for the game?

Fred played. So of those, what, Young, Valencia (though that’s kinda a joke), Lukaku, Matic and Pogba are clear starters. I guess one of Martial and Rashford should start.

I mean, Lovren, Alisson, Firmino, Keita, TAA and Henderson didn’t play. That’s minimum 5 starters. Liverpool’s better players only played half.

Neither side was made up of their starting lineup. All I’m saying is it’s not like Liverpool played their starting 11 versus a non league side.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Well, I think you just may have exposed a severe lack of knowledge of other teams.

Liverpool were playing their third and fourth keeper today. No Matip, no Lovren, no Keita, no Henderson, no Alisson, no Wijnaldum, no Alexander-Arnold, no Firmino.

It's just preseason though. It means literally nothing. The announcers were being totally ridiculous though and making BS excuses when both teams played four or five starting players in the whole game. Liverpool does have good youngsters though. That is quite clear. Camacho didn't look out of place.

Reactions: Gecklund

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Was sitting a row up from the field behind the net Shaqiri scored on. Don't have a voice. Thoroughly enjoyed it and was worth every penny @Mourinho

I don't care if it was 'preseason' it's always great to smash United.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Just saw the last five minutes of the first half, but looks like we're in cruise control. Liking what I'm seeing from Rafinha and I'd be more than happy to see him part of the squad this year. I'd take him over all of the dead wood we need to offload. Fantastic goal from Arthur on his debut! As a signing Arthur is one of the most exciting of the last how many years for me personally. Hoping he'll be the Umtiti signing of our midfield. LOL at @Duchene2MacKinnon . Too bad he's not Argentine so you could appreciate his talent.

Also, did Puig go out injured?!?!! I can only imagine so. Hopefully the kid is alright.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Great to see Cucu and Palencia getting minutes. Both could be squad players. However Valverde ruins it by playing Malcom on the left. Too bad Johan isn't still with us because he'd be rolling his eyes.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Meh, some jammy goals given up in the second half. Even some good defending in the build up. CB pairing of Cuenca and Mingueza has been poor. Like what I'm seeing from Cucu though, and Malcom moving to the right and it's like a night and day difference. And no way is Puig 18. He looks 16 at the oldest. Anyway, deserved win from what I saw and they should have won it in full time. Not the best performance in the second half, but considering it was largely the B team at best against almost half of Spurs' starting XI they looked good enough.

Last edited:

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
United playing Club american shortly. Why did they have to play the US anthem before the game though?
tenor.gif

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Oh, and dead wood Gomes and dead wood Denis get hurt. Hopefully not bad so they can both be sold. On the bright side Sergi captains the team for the first time ever.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Not sure why Spurs used white shorts last night, but as I said, looks disgusting.

Lucas plays well once again. Oliver Skipp seems like a fantastic prospect.

Oh, and apparently Lamela is injured again.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Jose is such a ****. He's already preparing to get fired for another fat payout.

He is right though. United are missing 17 players who would/could be first team selections. You can't play offensive possession with the players that were available yesterday and not get burned 4-5 times on the counter with the the squad Liverpool were fielding. The skill and passing ability just wasn't there. Pereira, Sanchez and Mata did what they could but support just wasn't there.

It also seems he would have preferred Martial to stay in Europe until the kid was born (born a couple of days ago) and then join the squad and return with the squad after the tour. Valencia meanwhile seemd to enjoy his vacation for too long and wasn't in the best shape and now finds himself on the injured list (more reason why United can't rely on him anymore for a full season and why Young will be filling in more and more). Shaw and Smalling injured and Darmian wants out but still played with great attitude. If United can't land a CB before the season start, that defense is going to be in trouble the first rounds of the season. Add in the fact that World Cup players will mis the pre-season entirely and you can understand his frustration. If the team was going to be working on new strategies, it's mostly useless when you're working mostly with youngsters who won't be there when the season starts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad